The Real terrorist in the 2008 Presidential Contest

Stalin

"...The vast majority of those who served in the American military in Southeast Asia were conscripts who had no choice in the matter. Most didn’t want to be there and many came to hate the war and the army officialdom.

McCain, on the other hand, welcomed the opportunity to participate in the Vietnam War, to drop bombs and kill human beings who had done him and the US population no harm. He had no scruples about it.

When he was shot down in October 1967, McCain was taking part in Operation Rolling Thunder, an aerial bombardment campaign conducted against North Vietnam from March 1965 until November 1968. His specific target, which he failed to hit, was a power plant in the center of Hanoi.

On December 31, 1967, the US Defense Department reported that American planes had dumped 864,000 tons of bombs on North Vietnam during the operation, compared with 653,000 tons of bombs dropped in the entire course of the Korean War and 503,000 tons in the Pacific theater during World War II.

Estimates of civilian deaths caused by US bombing in Operation Rolling Thunder range from 52,000 to 182,000. The war eventually killed a total of more than 3 million Vietnamese and wounded another 600,000.

As a leading member of the Weatherman group, Ayers admits to having set off several small bombs, which blew up a police memorial and damaged public buildings. No one was killed or injured in those actions. Ayers was never charged with, let alone convicted, of a crime..."

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2008/oct2008/ayer-o17.shtml

Werbung:
"...The vast majority of those who served in the American military in Southeast Asia were conscripts who had no choice in the matter. Most didn’t want to be there and many came to hate the war and the army officialdom.

McCain, on the other hand, welcomed the opportunity to participate in the Vietnam War, to drop bombs and kill human beings who had done him and the US population no harm. He had no scruples about it.

When he was shot down in October 1967, McCain was taking part in Operation Rolling Thunder, an aerial bombardment campaign conducted against North Vietnam from March 1965 until November 1968. His specific target, which he failed to hit, was a power plant in the center of Hanoi.

On December 31, 1967, the US Defense Department reported that American planes had dumped 864,000 tons of bombs on North Vietnam during the operation, compared with 653,000 tons of bombs dropped in the entire course of the Korean War and 503,000 tons in the Pacific theater during World War II.

Estimates of civilian deaths caused by US bombing in Operation Rolling Thunder range from 52,000 to 182,000. The war eventually killed a total of more than 3 million Vietnamese and wounded another 600,000.

As a leading member of the Weatherman group, Ayers admits to having set off several small bombs, which blew up a police memorial and damaged public buildings. No one was killed or injured in those actions. Ayers was never charged with, let alone convicted, of a crime..."

Are you trying to compare bombing in an actual war to what Ayers did in some roundabout attempt to make it sound less bad.

Apples to oranges.

at least he was willing to say what someone else was only willing to elude to

the best part about his post is no one on the left will say a word to him. Nothing at all

but if anyone said the same thing about obama or anyone else from the left then of course that would be hateful.

so typical

<snip blatant BS>

The author of the piece you quote, David Walsh, is a LIAR! I don't mean "he made a mistake", I don't mean "he mis-spoke himself", I mean he's a FLAT OUT LIAR, and a totally worthless "hate America first" Communist scumbag of the first order.

He claims that the "vast majority of those who served in the American military" in Vietnam were "conscripts"? First off, the only people who refer to draftees as "conscripts" are Communists, it's a dead give-away.

Secondly, from August of 1964 until May of 1975, 9,087,000 Americans served in the US Armed Forces, and of that number 2,637,915 (29%) US troops, served in Vietnam. Of the total force of 9,087,000, 1,728,344 (19%) were draftees, and less than 650,000 of those draftees served in Vietnam, which means that draftees made up a grand total of 7.15% of all troops in the military from 1964 until 1975 that ever even went to Vietnam! Even if you only calculate the volunteer to draftee ration IN Vietnam, no more than 25% were draftees.

According to the Center for Electronic Records, National Archives, Combat Area Casualty File (CAFC), from 1959 until 1973, of the 58,152 troops that gave their lives in Vietnam, only 37% were draftees while 63% were VOLUNTEERS!

As far as Ayers, the only reason he's not rotting in a prison cell today is because the FBI blew it, and a Judge decided it was more important to let a known and admitted felon go than to infringe on his Rights.

Are you trying to compare bombing in an actual war to what Ayers did in some roundabout attempt to make it sound less bad.

Apples to oranges.

No, he's quoting a LYING DIRTBAG in a Red Herring attempt to misdirect attention away from the fact that his "Messiah" is no better than TERRORIST SUPPORTER!

Apples to oranges.

No I am not trying to compare the two.

War is far, far worse.

Maybe you think that the imperial mercenaries performed honourably in Vietnam, but the scholarship is against you.

May I recommend a viewing of Oliver Stone's "Platoon" for an insider's account of what he experienced.

And, for the record, war IS terrorism, no matter how you spin it.

A terrorist is someone who cannot afford an airplane to deliver the bomb.

No, he's quoting a LYING DIRTBAG in a Red Herring attempt to misdirect attention away from the fact that his "Messiah" is no better than TERRORIST SUPPORTER!

Anyone who supports the US foreign policy of the last 60 years, which is a cavalcade of meddling and terrorist actions, is a terrorist supporter.

I do not know what a dirtbag is, as it is not in common use in our country.

Can you please explain why you need to resort to personal attacks ?

Hey Stalin, let's talk about Georgia....

Were the Russian soldiers scripted under threat of death to their family, or did they want to blow people up?

"Russian sources said that Georgia had launched an invasion of South Ossetia, aiming to pacify the breakaway region. Georgia, meanwhile, said that its troops entered the South Ossetian "capital" in response to escalating South Ossetian attacks, which have been going on for a week—years, really—as well as the Russian aerial bombardment of Georgian territory.

The Russians have an interest in preventing Georgia from joining NATO"...

http://www.slate.com/id/2197155/

And, for the record, war IS terrorism, no matter how you spin it.

According to the Center for Electronic Records, National Archives, Combat Area Casualty File (CAFC), from 1959 until 1973, of the 58,152 troops that gave their lives in Vietnam, only 37% were draftees while 63% were VOLUNTEERS!

And was there any difference between what happened to conscripts and what happened to volunteers ?

"...Being drafted was not an automatic ticket to Vietnam.

In fact, of 307,276 men who reported for duty as a result of the December 1969 lottery, only 162,746 were actually inducted. The rest were rejected on physical, mental or legal grounds (convicted felons, for instance, were rejected).

Those who were inducted still might not be sent to fight; over the course of the entire Vietnam War, draftees stood only a 38 percent chance of serving in Vietnam.

Soldiers who belonged to that 38 percent, however, were statistically more likely to die in combat than soldiers who volunteered -- principally because the overwhelming majority of draftees sent to Vietnam were a part of the U.S. Army ground forces that did much of the fighting...."

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cold.war/episodes/13/the.draft/

Hmmm.. 38 percent of 162,746 is 61,843 young Americans per year, probably with a minimum of training sent into the jungle to fight the patriots of Vietnamese who had already seen off the Japanese and the French imperialists. Young boys against battle hardened fighters

What is that if not terrorism ?

You come from one of the premier countries in the world for historically treating its people badly. How can you even have the nerve to say anything about America. You know what the definition of a happy Russian is? One who is in America.

"By 2050, the Russian population will drop by between 1.3 percent and 4.4 percent because of AIDS, and the number of people economically active will drop correspondingly by between 1.4 percent and 5.4 percent, "Izvestiya" reported on 27 May, citing the Moscow Bureau of the International Organization for Labor. By 2010, around 8 million people -- more than 10 percent of the adult population of Russia -- will be HIV carriers, according to a report by the U.S.-Russia Against HIV-AIDS working group. According to the daily, the government has not acknowledged the seriousness of the impending crisis, because to do so would require spending vast sums of money."

http://www.gateway2russia.com/st/art_239062.php

Yea! Putinistas!

You come from one of the premier countries in the world for historically treating its people badly. How can you even have the nerve to say anything about America. You know what the definition of a happy Russian is? One who is in America.

Please read my introduction

I have been a Marxist since the 1950's when I received my political education from a Party member who fought in both the Russian and Chinese Revolutions and the subsequent attempts by the capitalists to restore the slavery.
Physical domain isn't the issue. Politics are. You support communism, but apparently don't know the results of it. Maybe you should actually go to Russia and see how the common people live. That my dear, is your bastardized marxism in reality. Not pretty, get it?

No I am not trying to compare the two.

War is far, far worse.

Maybe you think that the imperial mercenaries performed honourably in Vietnam, but the scholarship is against you.

"imperial mercenaries"?? Do expect anyone to take you seriously when you utter such giggly stuff? :D

May I recommend a viewing of Oliver Stone's "Platoon" for an insider's account of what he experienced.

As just about everyone knows, Stone is renowned for historical distortion - when "Platoon" came out, lots of vets were stunned at it's bald-faced distortion and defamation of them.

Physical domain isn't the issue. Politics are. You support communism, but apparently don't know the results of it. Maybe you should actually go to Russia and see how the common people live. That my dear, is your bastardized marxism in reality. Not pretty, get it?

The results of communism are..let me see..

Kerala, India : 90% literacy.

China - Most successful economy in the world. No foreign debt. Build on Marxist econimics.

Russia - Destroyer of the Hitlerite filth. Comrade Stalin fought remorselessly to remove the wreckers and foriegn agents from the worker's state, but as soon as he died, the stagnation and corruption started.

The US and the UK - bastions of capitalism. Complete basket cases.

How do you know that I haven't been to Russia, or China or Kerala ?

You don't.

You ASSUME.

Werbung:
The US and the UK - bastions of capitalism. Complete basket cases.

Capitalism has worked out just fine for me. I got educated, worked at a career of my choice that paid me well enough to retire at the age of 50. A basket case? It's a gilded basket doll.

Are you saying that literacy is making the life of the average person in a communist country better? do books taste good?

China - Most successful economy in the world. No foreign debt. Build on Marxist econimics
. No, built on the blood and suffering of the citizens! Do you think the average Chinese person is economically well off?

I've been to both Russia and China. Seeing is believing.

I only have one question. Do you think the average Russian and Chinese citizen is happy?

What constitutes success in this world. I think it's personal happiness.

Back