The Relevance of President Trump's Visit to China

Werbung:
having a great time = grant them whatever they want ?
You tell me? I was interested in the US foreign policy stance based on the current state of US diplomacy (as opposed to US domestic rhetoric) and its relationships that Tillerson and Trump etal are fucking up world-wide at the moment, however, you seem unable to engage.

You tell me? I was interested in the US foreign policy stance based on the current state of US diplomacy (as opposed to US domestic rhetoric) and its relationships that Tillerson and Trump etal are fucking up world-wide at the moment, however, you seem unable to engage.
All I have is what you write and I responded to that. I have little desire to find anything between the lines you write.
China has shifted it's policy since Trump took the reins but you choose to not see that

Maybe a Trump voter can shed some light on this - what is the success of this visit?

I am certainly NOT a Trump voter. . .but I have an opinion: Xi is a genius, and he knows he is dealing with a narcissistic fool! He gives him what the fool wants (recognition and "honors") and in the mean time he becomes the leader of the world, while the US becomes the laughing stock of the world!

Fair enough!

Don't know how diplomacy works Scotty?

Doggie, give it up. Your boy is a liar through and through, and nothing you say will ever prove otherwise. You are just the kind of fool hustlers like him love to meet:

ttp://www.stltoday.com/business/local/nafta-or-no-nafta-the--an-hour-pay-gap/article_26ff63bf-14a5-5c58-9c48-50f2b3fcf050.html

"It wasn’t supposed to be like this, but the folks who help U.S. companies set up production in Mexico say they’re having a solid year.

Tecma Group has more business than ever in its three decades doing relocation. In just the last few weeks, it aided a maker of cleaning equipment and a packaging company make the move south. Chicago-based Mexico Consulting Associates has three new prospects interested in Mexico. Keith Patridge, who runs McAllen Economic Development Corp., expects at least 12 companies to set up shop in Reynosa alone this year. And another firm, Tacna Services Inc., has assisted two businesses locate in the Baja California area.

President Donald Trump’s vow to scrap or revamp the North American Free Trade Agreement was expected to put a scare into companies considering these kinds of moves. But many are sticking to plans to set up shop in Mexico even if the pact isn’t renewed, according to the experts who help firms relocate and find new plants."

You know Trump expects people to do as he says, not as he does

He's so not part of the elite establishment

A breath of fresh hair

Shame it's not his

Why all Americans can't see what a joke he is to every other country I don't know. He makes the US look ridiculous

It's hilarious watching him fail to get his mad schemes past his own team at home but watching him being sung at by a mass murderer in the Philippines has to take the prize

China has shifted it's policy since Trump took the reins but you choose to not see that
In terms of what? Access to markets or defence of intellectual property rights or removal of investment barriers... I don't think so. The hard issues that Trump was railling against were not discussed. Trump's only goal it seemed(?) was this obsession with North Korea so he avoided the difficult conversations in order to make is case with Xi on NK - to which the Chinese only reaffirmed what they were already prepared to do.
Washington has refrained from pushing harder on trade because it needs China’s cooperation on North Korea, although Xi, at least in public, went no further than reiterating China’s determination to achieve denuclearization through talks.
Reuters
Based on the rhetoric of the campaign as I posted above and as a Trump supporter do you think that this visit is a complete vindication of his campaign stance?

Just a thought but as Trump left the summit the rest of the delgations stayed and made significant steps towards the final TPP accords...without the US. Is XI really interested in an isolationist US?

Is Mr. Trump likely to detail his staggeringly brilliant negotiation of over $250Billion on "new" deals? Or maybe just fire Tillerson for saying they amounted to chicken feed....
The US Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson, admitted to journalists in China that the deals were “pretty small” in the context of the US-China goods trade deficit, which was around $350bn in 2016.

having a great time = grant them whatever they want ?
As I was saying....
It was announced that China plans to invest $100bn in US energy projects.
This will include an $84m Chinese state investment in West Virginian shale gas and chemical manufacturing and $43m for Alaskan liquefied natural gas.
But the reality is that China has been eager to invest in Western energy for years. It was famously rebuffed by the US Congress when it attempted to buy a minor American oil company called Unocal way back in 2005.
The problem has been Western reticence to allow Beijing to do so. Trump is simply giving China what it has long wanted.

Back in the day...
Politicians in Washington came out in strong opposition to Cnooc's efforts to win Unocal, saying the state-owned oil company was acting as a proxy for the Chinese government and seeking to secure strategically valuable U.S. energy assets.

Last edited:
Is Mr. Trump likely to detail his staggeringly brilliant negotiation of over $250Billion on "new" deals? Or maybe just fire Tillerson for saying they amounted to chicken feed....

Nope. He has fools like Dog supporting him, thus he needs to prove nothing. And there is no way that reality will ever change Dogs mind.

Nope. He has fools like Dog supporting him, thus he needs to prove nothing. And there is no way that reality will ever change Dogs mind.
Thats okay insofar as if one has hitched one's horses to a particular carriage and one becomes bound by a sense of loyalty, however, it does not mean that you have to agree with everything and defend evey aspect of his conduct and dealings! We live in a world where we can challenge our own perspectives!

I am by inclination a conservative person (in the context of UK politics) and I vote Conservative, however, if you asked me what I felt about the Conservative Party, their leadership and senior ministers then there would be a lot of swear words - they suc and suc hugh. I just think that the duplicitousness of Trump and the way he treats his supporters is just astounding! I feel sorry for the likes of Doggy and indeed most of Americans because personally I think they have been let down by Trump - I have no idea what worldview the average American Republican has and have no idea what they think is happening outside their country but Trump is not "doing a great job" for them.

Werbung:
Thats okay insofar as if one has hitched one's horses to a particular carriage and one becomes bound by a sense of loyalty, however, it does not mean that you have to agree with everything and defend evey aspect of his conduct and dealings! We live in a world where we can challenge our own perspectives!

I am by inclination a conservative person (in the context of UK politics) and I vote Conservative, however, if you asked me what I felt about the Conservative Party, their leadership and senior ministers then there would be a lot of swear words - they suc and suc hugh. I just think that the duplicitousness of Trump and the way he treats his supporters is just astounding! I feel sorry for the likes of Doggy and indeed most of Americans because personally I think they have been let down by Trump - I have no idea what worldview the average American Republican has and have no idea what they think is happening outside their country but Trump is not "doing a great job" for them.

I like your attitude! I totally agree. . .a person who does have some personality and ability to think for themselves can, at once, support a party or a person, without being blind to the negative sides!

I very much appreciated (and still do) President Obama, but I do acknowledge mistakes he made and it makes me sad. One of the biggest mistake he made, and probably the most consequential today, is to have supported Hillary Clinton INSTEAD of Bernie Sanders. The WHOLE WORLD would be different (and much better) today, and America would truly be on the path of being great!

How can anyone support the pettiness and the arrogance of the occupant of the White House today is beyond me. Why would ANYONE approve of reversing the ban on wild life trophies in the US? This is not only ridiculous, petty, but also dramatically destructive for our wild life future! SICK!

Back