The Sad Drug War Is Necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want pot, it's available right now everywhere. laws and inforcment have'nt prevented its prolifiration and they wont!

It seems as thow some fear that if pot is made legal that millions of youth will overnight have an uncontrolable urge to suddenly go get pot......Well this train of thought is just out of touch with reality. It's allready there, your kids know were to get it, like sex, speeding, swearing, stealing, drinking and any number of bad habits. Individuals will make thier own choices as to thier behavior. Dont out law freedom of choice, just enforce lack of responsibility.

Werbung:
None of your links back up your ridiculous self serving claim that pot is physically addictive. In fact, this particular one goes out of it's way to avoid making such a connection:

"Marijuana is both emotionally and mentally addictive."

http://www.marijuanaaddiction.info/index.htm

Anything can be "emotionally and mentally addictive"... notice, the word "physically" is missing?...I wonder why.

Millions of people smoke pot regularly, it is the #1 cash crop in America.....it makes much more sense to legalize it and tax it than to continue to listen to neanderthals, with their reefer madness type thinking.
Here the pot-addict attempts to divert attention from the psychologically addicting properties of pot and the deadly damage pot causes the user and those in the user's vicinity by digressing erroneously with pot isn't physically addictive and with other erroneous irrelevancies.

This subterfuge is typical of druggies who erroneously think that pot isn't physically addictive.

They therefore polly-parrot over and over and over again in response to all the truthful negatives about pot with the repeated mantra that pot isn't physically addictive, thereby refusing to face all the tons of other great sane reasons why not to abuse pot.

The druggies, obviously, have nothing ... but their addiction.

Indeed, only an addict would stump so vehemently hard for his damaging drug.

The first two links in my previous post show how the THC in pot binds physically to THC receptor cells, and the other two links show how physical withdrawal symptoms are experience by pot addicts when they come off their drug.

But does the pot addict admit to the truth of it?

No.

The pot-addict remains in denial, picks a statement out of context and then pretends it means that pot isn't physically addictive. Indeed, the pot-addict's truth denial is strong.

And, of course, anyone who tells the truth about the physical addictive nature of pot, the psychological addictive nature of pot, the physiological damage pot does to the user, the life-threatening danger in which the pot user places other's in his vicinity, etc., etc., is labeled a "neanderthal" by the pot addict.

How lame is that.

Can addicts be trusted to tell the truth?

No.

Can addicts be trusted to discern whether pot is safe or not?

No.

Can addicts differentiate between those who are presenting valuable truthful information and those, like the pot-addicts themselves, who are presenting sophistry after sophistry after sophistry?

No.

Again, the facts in the links I present speak for themselves.

Druggies, as usual, cannot be trusted.

After all, no matter what they say, the only thing they mean is: "Gimme my drug!"

And, they don't care who gets killed in the process.

Yes, the drug war is most certainly necessary.

If you want pot, it's available right now everywhere. laws and inforcment have'nt prevented its prolifiration and they wont!
Erroneous.

Pot is not available "everywhere".

Law enforcement continues to crackdown on pot growers, owners, pushers and soldiers, and when these additional agents arrive at the border, even less of the illegal drug trafficing of pot will get through.

Newspaper headlines are reporting the truth of these crackdowns frequently.

The truth of the matter is that the more effort that is placed into action, the less pot will be available to damage our children and all our citizens.

But pot addicts don't want you to think that enforcement is working.

They want you to believe that it's hopeless and that therefore hopelessness should give in to capitulation.

That's what the druggies want healthy and sane people to do.

And the reason?

Not because we aren't winning the drug war.

But because, they, being the addicts they are, simply want their drug.

It seems as thow some fear that if pot is made legal that millions of youth will overnight have an uncontrolable urge to suddenly go get pot......
Here the pro-pot sympathiser states the truth of the matter but in a way that makes you think you should feel foolishly ashamed if you think it's the truth.

Such sophisters these people are.

The truth of the matter is that millions and millions of kids and teenagers are susceptible to pot addiction by virtue of the damage inculcated via dysfunction in their family-of-origin.

The pain they suppress-repress is there, and the moment they try pot, they suddently "feel real good", not realizing they had been living in neuropsychological pain. That's what being a "potential" addict is all about. And once the potential addict starts using his drug, he has become an active addict.

Roughly less than 1% of the population has used pot ... however, the percentage of the population with degrees of addictive potential is staggeringly high, well over 90%.

But the reason that only 1% of the population has used pot is because pot is illegal, and only the 1% oppositional defiant disordered bunch is willing -- even turned on by -- risking the legal penalties for trafficing in pot.

If pot was made legal, in truth there would indeed be millions and millions of additional kids and teenagers damaging themselves on pot and killing others while driving stoned behind the wheel.

That is the truth of it.

But does the pro-pot sympathizer want you to know the truth of it?

No.

They don't want you to know the truth of this.

They want you to simply lie down and give up ...

... Probably because they are projecting, as that is what pot-addicts have done with regard to truly living life: they have lied down, and given up.

Well this train of thought is just out of touch with reality.
Here the pot addict projects his mental state upon the masses.

The truth is that millions of millions of kids and teenagers would then use pot if there were no legal penalties for doing so.

And then we could be a hundred fold times in more of a drugged nation mess than we are today.

It is the pot addict that is out of touch with reality.

But that is the nature of being an addict: to be out of touch with reality.

They don't want to be in touch with reality, because to them, reality bites too hard.

That is why they do their drug: to anesthetize them against what they perceive as painful realities.

That's, indeed, what a drug-addict is.

It's allready there, your kids know were to get it, like sex, speeding, swearing, stealing, drinking and any number of bad habits.
Here the pro-pot sympathiser recognizes that pot addiction is a bad habit ... but cowardly resigns himself to the hopelessness of doing anything about it.

That is truly sad.

What else is sad is that he links other bad habits with the pot-addiction bad habit, and instead of saying we need to love our kids to the degree that we support them in staying away from these bad habits, he therefore concludes that "the hopelessness of doing anything about pot means that we should simply give up lovingly supporting our kids in an effort to avert other bad habits".

Such drug-addicted irrational illogic could only come from ... a drug addict.

No wonder drug addicts are constantly exhibiting oppositional defiant disorder, a diagnosed psychological condition.

Whatever is right and true and healthy and strong and good, oppositional defiant disordered druggies are defiantly opposed to, and they just love going against those who present the truth in the matter, as then they can act out their dramas with those in their past (likely their parents), in foolish erroneous hope that they can execute the "corrective emotional experience" and prevent from happening to them the damage that indeed did happen to them in childhood.

Is attempting the "corrective emotional experience" that oppositional defiant disordered people do an irrational behavior?

You bet it is.

Do such sufferers get that?

No.

'Tis sad.

Individuals will make thier own choices as to thier behavior.
Yes, they will ... sometimes ... and when they make the wrong and unhealthy and illegal choices, they will be punished for them, as adults.

But all too often people are compelled to go along with the drug crowd under threats if they don't.

They end up making the collective group's choice, the drug culture's choice, to harm themselves with pot and other deadly addictive drugs.

That's not making their own heart's choice.

Not at all.

That's being controlled by the minds of other pot-heads, without regard to the truth of the damaging nature of addictive pot.

Dont out law freedom of choice, just enforce lack of responsibility.
Keeping illegal harmful drugs illegal is the right thing to do.

That's no more "outlawing freedom of choice" than outlawing murder is "outlawing freedom of choice".

In a healthy society, freedom is subserviant to security which is subserviant to life.

Indeed, the U.S. founding documents make that perfectly clear in holding these truths to be self-evident.

The reality of rights are based upon these truths.

One is simply not free to do whatever one wants if it puts the lives and security of others at risk.

Pot addiction puts, not only the user at serious risk of health and life, it has proven to cause deadly damage when pot smokers get behind the wheel to the tune of hundreds of thousands of traffic accidents per year, not to mention gun accidents and tons of other accidents that are correctly attributed to being stoned on pot.

That's the truth of the matter.

And it is that truth which forms the basis for the sound decision to keep pot and other dangerous addictive drugs illegal.

But does the pot-addict get the obvious truth of this?

No.

He's too lingeringly stoned to get this simple reality.

They don't get the fact that freedom comes with responsibility, and if they abrogate their responsibility, which is what happens automatically by using drugs, they lose their freedom in rights-affirming deference to the security and life of others their drug use most always places in danger.

But, as usual, pot-addicts are stoningly oblivious to the truth of this.

All the pot-addict has left is:"I want the freedom to gimme my drug!"

Pot-addicts are simply out of touch with reality.

And why should we expect them to be otherwise.

After all, they are addicts.

And the addict's trademark characteristic is truth denial.

:cool:

Chip said:
Roughly less than 1% of the population has used pot ...

You're just literally full of it..you know that? You're like a wind up "Just Say No" doll. Reading your "embellishments", makes my want to smoke a bowl...

images

Researchers found that 42% of people surveyed in the U.S. had tried marijuana at least once

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1821697,00.html

Almost 100 million Americans have tried marijuana at least once.

http://www.wordtrade.com/society/politics/marijuanaR.htm

BTW, pot IS everywhere...it's easy to grow (indoors or outdoors), even good bud...believe me, I know. Because it's so easy to grow..it's not going anywhere, except into that wonderful smelling, tasting and relaxing smoke.

Here's a chart from 2006 showing pot to be the largest cash crop in the US. Your talk about interdiction at the Mexican border shows what little you know about the subject...most of the pot smoked in the US is grown right here. I know in my area, most of it is from in state or BC.

http://www.drugscience.org/Archive/bcr2/cashcrops.html

You're just literally full of it..you know that? You're like a wind up "Just Say No" doll. Reading your "embellishments", makes my want to smoke a bowl...

images

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1821697,00.html

http://www.wordtrade.com/society/politics/marijuanaR.htm

BTW, pot IS everywhere...it's easy to grow (indoors or outdoors), even good bud...believe me, I know. Because it's so easy to grow..it's not going anywhere, except into that wonderful smelling, tasting and relaxing smoke.

Here's a chart from 2006 showing pot to be the largest cash crop in the US. Your talk about interdiction at the Mexican border shows what little you know about the subject...most of the pot smoked in the US is grown right here. I know in my area, most of it is from in state or BC.

http://www.drugscience.org/Archive/bcr2/cashcrops.html

Popeye you smoke pot?

Popeye you smoke pot?

Why, you need some?..if we lived closer, I'd hook you up.

I don't smoke as much as I used to, but I still do from time to time. That's why I know firsthand that Chip's crap about pot being physically addictive is just plain BS.

Not as much as I used to, but I still smoke from time to time. That's why I know firsthand that Chip's crap about pot being physically addictive is just plain BS.

A couple of things...

I don’t get why you were so mad at obama for smoking cigarettes if you smoke pot. Why one is different than the other? Well except for maybe one is legal and the other isn’t and one alters your mind and the other one doesn’t. In an argument he would be on the winning side.

And the second thing, which I had not planned to say till I read your reply of “it was not physically addictive.”

Pot is physically addictive; I grew up in a family of pot smokers and pretty much every one I knew were also pot smokers. It is very hard to stop doing; they would jones for it when they did not have it. They used rent and food or the baby diaper money to buy it, and they smoked it through out the day to keep a constant buzz. It’s also bad for your lungs.

A boyfriend of mine swore he would never quit but finally had to because it hurt his lungs so badly. And it also does something to your memory if you smoke allot of it for years and years. My brothers both have the short term memory of an ... well heck I don’t know what animal to compare them to because they cant remember even the most simple of things. Though the long term memory isn’t so bad. Others I know have the same short term memory loss.

All that said, I think it should be legal as soon as they can find a way to tell if you are currently high. No one should be able to be high and drive or be high and be at work.

If it were currently legal and you went to work high a drug test could only say you have recently smoked it, it would not be able to tell if you were high at that moment of driving or working.

If it were legal I would probably smoke it a few times a year when I get a really bad back ache. I have nothing against it except that people who smoke large quantities usually seem like dopes. I guess that is why we call it dope :p

also, I can get all the weed I want here, most of my friends have medical Mary Jane cards but I really am not interested in it, never have been big on it even as a teenager. But thank you for the offer :)

A couple of things...

I don’t get why you were so mad at obama for smoking cigarettes if you smoke pot. Why one is different than the other? Well except for maybe one is legal and the other isn’t and one alters your mind and the other one doesn’t. In an argument he would be on the winning side.

And the second thing, which I had not planned to say till I read your reply of “it was not physically addictive.”

Pot is physically addictive; I grew up in a family of pot smokers and pretty much every one I knew were also pot smokers. It is very hard to stop doing; they would jones for it when they did not have it. They used rent and food or the baby diaper money to buy it, and they smoked it through out the day to keep a constant buzz. It’s also bad for your lungs.

A boyfriend of mine swore he would never quit but finally had to because it hurt his lungs so badly. And it also does something to your memory if you smoke allot of it for years and years. My brothers both have the short term memory of an ... well heck I don’t know what animal to compare them to because they cant remember even the most simple of things. Though the long term memory isn’t so bad. Others I know have the same short term memory loss.

All that said, I think it should be legal as soon as they can find a way to tell if you are currently high. No one should be able to be high and drive or be high and be at work.

If it were currently legal and you went to work high a drug test could only say you have recently smoked it, it would not be able to tell if you were high at that moment of driving or working.

If it were legal I would probably smoke it a few times a year when I get a really bad back ache. I have nothing against it except that people who smoke large quantities usually seem like dopes. I guess that is why we call it dope :p

also, I can get all the weed I want here, most of my friends have medical Mary Jane cards but I really am not interested in it, never have been big on it even as a teenager. But thank you for the offer :)

Pot is not physically addictive, it can be psychologically addictive though...which, with some people, can be just as bad. I guess it just depends upon the person... Thing is, anything can be psychologically addictive..I've got a significant other who starts jonesing if she doesn't have ink for her copy machine...seriously.

Pot has always relaxed me, is great for pain...and has a tendency to put things into perspective. We have the medical marijuana law here too...and I've got the name of a local doctor who writes, but I've never had the need to find another source. Maybe I will someday.

I don't smoke cigarettes or drink...at all. I don't understand people who smoke cigarettes, including Obama...I mean in what way is it beneficial? If something has no benefit, indeed is bad for you.. why continue to do it? And drinking is the main cause of domestic violence in the country, has a tendency to make good people violent and is certainly unhealthy.

So, we have two deadly drugs (nicotine and alcohol) that are legal.. while pot, with all it's documented beneficial effects, remains illegal. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Here the pot-addict exhibits, once again, his oppositional defiant disorder, defiantly telling the truth-telling "authority" that: "I'll smoke pot and you can't stop me!".

Such immaturity is part and parcel of pot addicts.

Pot addicts indeed have serious psychological problems.

And the continual brain damage they receive from pot only exacerbates those problems.

Here the pot-addict cites an article about a survey, but fails to note that not only is there a HUGE difference between trying pot once and USING pot, meaning regularly, but that my statistic was about USING, not taking a mere toke and then rightly rejecting it, and, I didn't limit my statistical presentation to the U.S. as the pot-addict erroneously imagines.

Indeed, according to Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug)), it is estimated that about 4% of the world's adult population uses pot, 0.6 percent daily -- that is less than one percent.

And, I had said "people", not adults, so that would include teens and kids (yes, sadly pre-teen kids are now "users" of pot -- how sad), which, when you do the math, drops the 4% down to roughly less than one percent of the population uses pot.

But, does the pot-addict want you to know that truth?

No.

The pot-addict just wants to paint a fantasy picture that "the whole world is using pot on a daily basis, and so should you!"

Yes, the pot-addict is truly out of touch with reality.

And, will the pot addict go into detail about the terrible damage pot does to one and the deadly damage done to others at the hands of pot-addicts wielding heavey equipment?

No.

The pot-addict just wants to divertively digress with absolute nothings, hoping that you, the reader, won't see how horrific pot usage truly is.

Fortunately, 99% of the world's population aren't pot users.

That's the healthy norm.

We need to continue to embrace the healthy norm, and eliminate pot addiction throughout the world completely.

Here the pot addict again cites a "tried" pot link, not a uses pot link, likely hoping the reader won't see his subterfuge in action ... and his link is a reference to a pro-pot author's opinions, not a valid source of verifiable and trusted information at all.

But the pot-addict doesn't care that he's inaccurate, misleading, deceptive or the like.

All he cares about his trying to convince his reader that "pot is everywhere and people everywhere all think it's a good thing and you should too!".

How sad.

Not only is the pot-addict out of touch with reality ...

... He looks really stupid in the process.

And, of course, the pot-addict with his oppositional defiant disorder flaunts his illegal behavior over the internet, just as if he was an obstinate child screaming: "You can't make me, Nyah!!!"

Here he admits he is a pot-addict, a regular user, who tells others that the pot that is damaging him is something no one can make him stop.

Such self-flogging, such self-destruction, such ... a shame.

But, that's pot addiction for you.

A completely anti-social, drug culture, oppositional defiant disordered condition.

I cannot see why anyone in their right mind would ever do such a self-destructive behavior.

But will the pot-addict respond to the truth of the self-destructive nature of pot addiction?

No.

The pot-addict will only divert with meaningless drowning via useless inaccurate "statistics".

'Tis sad.

Here's a chart from 2006 showing pot to be the largest cash crop in the US. Your talk about interdiction at the Mexican border shows what little you know about the subject...most of the pot smoked in the US is grown right here. I know in my area, most of it is from in state or BC. http://www.drugscience.org/Archive/bcr2/cashcrops.html
And here the pot-addict quotes Drugscience.org, a, you guessed it, "A Cannabis Reform" site ... meaning it is of, by and for druggies ...

... Which means you can't trust a word they say ...

... Because, after all, druggies' characteristic character trade is truth denial.

Indeed, there are plenty of web sites out there that are simply of, by and for the druggies in their attempt to inflict the scourge of deadly damaging pot on the entire world.

So when they quote these cites, just tell them that you don't listen to druggies and that they need to quote valid non-druggie sites that aren't in turn referencing other druggies and their sites.

It is so sad to be a druggie.

The truth that so many of us truly appreciate ... is lost to them.

None of your links back up your ridiculous self serving claim that pot is physically addictive. In fact, this particular one goes out of it's way to avoid making such a connection:

"Marijuana is both emotionally and mentally addictive."

http://www.marijuanaaddiction.info/index.htm

Anything can be "emotionally and mentally addictive"... notice, the word "physically" is missing?...I wonder why.

Millions of people smoke pot regularly, it is the #1 cash crop in America.....it makes much more sense to legalize it and tax it than to continue to listen to neanderthals, with their reefer madness type thinking.

I have to agree with Popeye on this one. Just wanted to let you know I was reading this thread and I don't want to intrude but I do have views on this subject but right now it's just interesting to read what you all are writing and I'll wait to jump in again ... ;)

Pot is not physically addictive, it can be psychologically addictive though...which, with some people, can be just as bad. I guess it just depends upon the person... Thing is, anything can be psychologically addictive..I've got a significant other who starts jonesing if she doesn't have ink for her copy machine...seriously.

How do you figure it’s not physically addictive and cigarettes are? I think anything you are physically addicted to you would also be psychologically addicted to also. But I don’t get why one is considered physically addictive and the other not when you smoke both of them.

Pot has always relaxed me, is great for pain...and has a tendency to put things into perspective. We have the medical marijuana law here too...and I've got the name of a local doctor who writes, but I've never had the need to find another source. Maybe I will someday.

It did not do that for me, its been years since I smoked it but the first thing I do is start to think of the phone calls I should have made but now I cant because Im high and what if someone comes over and I am high, after the paranoia wears off then I get really hungry and eat everything then I start laughing till I fall asleep. So it really doesn’t appeal to me but now that I am older if I had a back ache I would be willing to try it.

I don't smoke cigarettes or drink...at all. I don't understand people who smoke cigarettes, including Obama...I mean in what way is it beneficial? If something has no benefit, indeed is bad for you.. why continue to do it? And drinking is the main cause of domestic violence in the country, has a tendency to make good people violent and is certainly unhealthy.

Smoking relaxes me. I don’t like the smell of stale smoke but fresh smoke smells good to me and if I am stressed out a cigarette is soothing.

So, we have two deadly drugs (nicotine and alcohol) that are legal.. while pot, with all it's documented beneficial effects, remains illegal. Doesn't make much sense to me.

I agree its silly to make it illegal but right now if your at work drunk or driving drunk you can be dealt with, cigarettes do not effect your driving so its a non issue. But before they make smoking pot legal they have to come up with a way to tell if someone is driving high or working high.

Chip said:
Here the pot-addict cites an article about a survey, but fails to note that not only is there a HUGE difference between trying pot once and USING pot, meaning regularly, but that my statistic was about USING, not taking a mere toke and then rightly rejecting it

Here's your original quote..

Roughly less than 1% of the population has used pot .

That suggests that less than 1% of the population HAS EVEN TRIED POT. Now if you had said...'less than 1% of the population uses pot"..it would be different.

As it is, I have proved, complete with documented evidence, that you play fast and loose with the truth. In fact, all of your posts in this thread have continued with several disturbing and telling trends... When you don't like a statistic...you blame it on the messenger..When your ignorance on this subject is exposed, such as your ridiculous claim that interdiction at the Mexican border will somehow have a noticeable effect on pot availability, you ignore it.

To put it bluntly, you sound like an average school child trying to explain string theory...you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. All you can do is repeat, almost verbatim, the same old tired "just say no" arguments.

Btw, Obama's new drug czar is former Seattle Police Chief Gil Kerlikowske. During his time, marijuana arrests were by his own words ..not a priority.

Werbung:
Pandora said:
How do you figure it’s not physically addictive and cigarettes are? I think anything you are physically addicted to you would also be psychologically addicted to also. But I don’t get why one is considered physically addictive and the other not when you smoke both of them.

Sure you can smoke both of them, but with cigarettes you're actually addicted to the drug nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back