The Sad Drug War Is Necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's right. Allow the potheads to grow their own, and see how much of a market there is for Mexican pot. See how many marijuana plantations there still are in the national parks and forests.

Better yet, just legalize the sale of it, and tax it. Get rid of the cartels, the gangs, the violence, and the illicit money funding them all. That's the pragmatic, reasonable and workable solution to a social problem.

But just as legalizing alcohol yielded billions more in crime and social costs, than a few gangsters ever did, is it possible, just possible the long term out come of legalizing pot could be far greater than the problems we face with it now?

Werbung:
But just as legalizing alcohol yielded billions more in crime and social costs, than a few gangsters ever did, is it possible, just possible the long term out come of legalizing pot could be far greater than the problems we face with it now?

Given the virtual state of war on the border, the explosive growth of violent gangs fueled by drug money, and the unsupportable cost of keeping druggies in jail for years, it seems quite unlikely that the problems that might come from legalization would exceed those of prohibition.

Of course, there are problems caused by pot. The problems being caused by the government's attempt to keep people from using it are much greater, however.

What do you think might happen if the government tried to get people to quit smoking tobacco by outlawing it? Can you imagine the underground market, the smuggling, the resentment, the violence that would result? How can we justify allowing the government to decide what we may or may not put into our bodies?

If we increased penalties and stepped up enforcement, like we should, there would be no abusers of illcit drugs, because no one would want to risk, say, life in prision, merely to make-smuggle-distribute damaging, deadly illegal drugs.

The problem now is that the penalites are too lenient and the enforcement is too lax.

But make the right changes, increase the penalties to be more fitting of such a deadly enterprise, enforce the law like murder is enforced, and watch how quickly the availability of these damaging, deadly illegal drugs vanish!

As for Rx drugs, ERs are constantly hit by people faking maladies to get vicodin etc. ... and this is simply a matter of policy. Make and enforce strict policy that controlled substance class drugs must be purchased in-person with a written Rx from a local doctor/physicians assistant/nurse practitioner, increasing tremendously the penalties for fraud.

The reason we have prisions crowded with those dealing/obtaining damaging, deadly drugs illicitly is because the penalties aren't stiff enough to discourage the illegal behavior.

The moment the penalties are steeply increased to fit the damaging, deadly crime appropriately, the violation will go rapidly down.

Indeed, once the penalties for violation are appropriately steep and enforcement is appropriately beefed-up, instead of heading for the pusher, knowing that the high risk of getting caught means quitting cold-turkey in prison, the addict will instead head ... for the nearest treatment center.

It really is that simple.

Chip your obviously going a little 12th century with this. You do realize it would take rounding up drug addicts and excuting them in town hall meetings before your vision of strict punishment influncing social behaviour would ever have any real meaning to it.... While you might be all for genocide of an inherihant flaw in human nature, I wonder if the same could be said for our other flaws.

*cough* you know HIV can kill you... but i am betting their are still people out their willing to have un-protected sexual intercourse.

Chip, we are struggling to pay our current police force without uping taxes in local communities... I tell you what ... come up with a great way to put more beat cops on the street without raising my taxes,... and i will total support tazing the hell out people in dope infested back-alleys, locking them up and shooting them in the head (( they can stand in lines to save on bullets!! your first conservative thought on how to limit costs!!!!!!!! just use high caliber rounds like they did in Germany!!!))

Wow this kinda hate mongering makes we wanna dawn my White hood and go lynch some-one other then apply common sense to a massive national problem!

BTW!! Yep ... former Pot-head here.. Yep I haven't touched the stuff in years but support its legalization!! (( guess this post tosses me out of the run for President 2024!!! ))

BTW for those of you constantly posting articles about drug wars without related content to give us any start to argue about (( ** cough .. chip .. I.E. you entire starting post for this thread ** )) Please please don't waste our time with obvious child-hood delimas that are influnceing your crtical thinking regions.

The obvious problems in tijiuana are serious and obviously deserve consideration... but turning America into a giant Jail simply because Americans enjoy "relaxing" is not acceptable...

The deeper rooted problem is America has limited venues for Stress relief .. and the venues we have can demonized just as quickly when used without moderation. Its time we re evaluated Americans ability to cope with stress and attempt to fashion laws around that desire.

Try showin' a profit with your soul-saving trip, Chippy.....while the adults are talkin' practicality .

D.A.R.E. lied to you....like everyone else they lie to.

:rolleyes:

Legalization does not end cartel violence, it just shifts their activity to another money making plan. We cannot simply legalize everything that is a problem and then pat ourselves on the back thinking we solved all our problems.

BTW for those of you constantly posting articles about drug wars without related content to give us any start to argue about (( ** cough .. chip .. I.E. you entire starting post for this thread ** )) Please please don't waste our time with obvious child-hood delimas that are influnceing your crtical thinking regions.
I think it's fairly-obvious there are (more than) a few D.A.R.E.-graduates, here.

:rolleyes:

Chip your obviously going a little 12th century with this. You do realize it would take rounding up drug addicts and excuting them in town hall meetings before your vision of strict punishment influncing social behaviour would ever have any real meaning to it.... While you might be all for genocide of an inherihant flaw in human nature, I wonder if the same could be said for our other flaws.

*cough* you know HIV can kill you... but i am betting their are still people out their willing to have un-protected sexual intercourse.

Chip, we are struggling to pay our current police force without uping taxes in local communities... I tell you what ... come up with a great way to put more beat cops on the street without raising my taxes,... and i will total support tazing the hell out people in dope infested back-alleys, locking them up and shooting them in the head (( they can stand in lines to save on bullets!! your first conservative thought on how to limit costs!!!!!!!! just use high caliber rounds like they did in Germany!!!))

Wow this kinda hate mongering makes we wanna dawn my White hood and go lynch some-one other then apply common sense to a massive national problem!

BTW!! Yep ... former Pot-head here.. Yep I haven't touched the stuff in years but support its legalization!! (( guess this post tosses me out of the run for President 2024!!! ))
Translation: "Gimme my drug whenever I may want it again!!! :mad:"

Indeed, once a druggie, always a druggie, and even with recovery, the urge remains, though it's obvious you've experience no recovery since you last used, what, two years ago, maybe.

Indeed, the word of a druggie is simply not trustworthy in this thread or anywhere regarding the truth about damaging deadly drugs.

The druggie, no matter how long it's been since he's used, without recovery, is still more in love with his drug than he is with the lives of others.

So no matter what plausible subterfuge he employs to irrationalize legalization of damaging deadly pot and other illegal drugs, it's never rational, never makes sense in light of the facts, and is always about keeping his "fix" options open. :cool:

'Tis sad.

Your obvious projections are topically irrelevant, Mr. (ahem) Dysfunctional. :rolleyes:

The obvious problems in tijiuana are serious and obviously deserve consideration... but turning America into a giant Jail simply because Americans enjoy "relaxing" is not acceptable...
Better is to turn away the the druggie invaders at the border to keep the damaging deadly drugs out.

Then active addicts need to go to treatment ...

... And the vast majority of people, who are potential addicts, need to go to therapy and Codependence Anonymous support groups and recover from their painful unresolved family-of-origin issues that are driving their addiction compulsion.

And, if that's not enough, the sad last resort of locking up illegal-drug offenders for a very long time is necessary to protect the rest of us innocents from being hit by one of these stoners behind the wheel, etc.

That's the right and intelligent thing to do.

And, only a druggie would employ the euphemism "relaxing" for getting stoned via damaging deadly drug abuse. :rolleyes:

Your opinion on the matter is not in support of the truth of the vast damaging and deadly nature of so-called "recreational" drugs ...

... And thus your opinion on the matter is utterly worthless.

Your mind is completely controlled by your love for your drug. :eek:

The deeper rooted problem is America has limited venues for Stress relief .. and the venues we have can demonized just as quickly when used without moderation. Its time we re evaluated Americans ability to cope with stress and attempt to fashion laws around that desire.
Translation: "Gimme my drug!!! :mad:"

What utter BS Mr. Dysfunctional just wrote!

Only 1% of the population abuses pot.

Better to eliminate that damaging and deadly drug than to turn 90+ % of the world into active addicts.

But the druggie doesn't care about the damage his "recommendation" would do to the lives of billions of kids, teens and adults.

No, this addict just wants his drug available to him whenever he wants it.

His presentation is all utter BS nonsensical addictive mindset erroneousness.

But for those who think there's too much unnecessary damaging stress in real life, then take appropriate political action to make appropriate changes in the geo-political socio-economic system like brave people do ...

... But getting stoned to cope is not an intelligent option ...

... Getting stoned to cope is a coward's way out.

I hate to say this guys butttttt ...... I'm leaning more to legalization for reasons I think you might understand but might not agree with ... 1st ... I don't like the govt telling anyone what they can and can not do with their bodies .... we have govt getting in far to deep in our lives ... drugs weren't even illegal until sometime in the early 1900's .... some argue that drugs are bad and addictive so therefore they should be against the law ... ok .... so what about everything else that is out there that is bad for us (do I need to list these?) ... 2nd ... crime ... well, maybe just maybe if they were legal and those who want to use and get it like buying anything else that is on the market will keep these guys from breaking into homes, mugging and creating drug wars and the useless killing of the innocent(s) ... when drugs were legal they didn't have a crime problem due to drug use like they do today ... it's when we make things against the law (things we eat, drink, or inject) that the crime problem escalates ... Hay they made liquor against the law to see what would happen and look what did happen ... crime was out of sight and the Mafia took over and became a big game player in crime because of that law ... what say we just try legalizing drugs and see what happens .... but if you read my earlier comment you would see where I don't see that happening because the govt makes too much money keeping it illegal .... just another one of my thoughts .... :rolleyes:

Your obvious projections are topically irrelevant, Mr. (ahem) Dysfunctional. :rolleyes:

Better is to turn away the the druggie invaders at the border to keep the damaging deadly drugs out.

Then active addicts need to go to treatment ...

... And the vast majority of people, who are potential addicts, need to go to therapy and Codependence Anonymous support groups and recover from their painful unresolved family-of-origin issues that are driving their addiction compulsion.

And, if that's not enough, the sad last resort of locking up illegal-drug offenders for a very long time is necessary to protect the rest of us innocents from being hit by one of these stoners behind the wheel, etc.

That's the right and intelligent thing to do.

And, only a druggie would employ the euphemism "relaxing" for getting stoned via damaging deadly drug abuse. :rolleyes:

Your opinion on the matter is not in support of the truth of the vast damaging and deadly nature of so-called "recreational" drugs ...

... And thus your opinion on the matter is utterly worthless.

Your mind is completely controlled by your love for your drug. :eek:

Translation: "Gimme my drug!!! :mad:"

What utter BS Mr. Dysfunctional just wrote!

Only 1% of the population abuses pot.

Better to eliminate that damaging and deadly drug than to turn 90+ % of the world into active addicts.

But the druggie doesn't care about the damage his "recommendation" would do to the lives of billions of kids, teens and adults.

No, this addict just wants his drug available to him whenever he wants it.

His presentation is all utter BS nonsensical addictive mindset erroneousness.

But for those who think there's too much unnecessary damaging stress in real life, then take appropriate political action to make appropriate changes in the geo-political socio-economic system like brave people do ...

... But getting stoned to cope is not an intelligent option ...

... Getting stoned to cope is a coward's way out.

Chip, you sound like you want to be a keeper ... you know, you want everyone to be like you and to live as you think they should live ... and to condemn those who feel differently than you ... we are not our brothers keepers and that is why I want govt to stay out of our lives in controlling what we want to do with our bodies ... hey, I don't approve of abortion, smoking, drinking alcohol to the point of intoxication and taking drugs ... but I truly believe people have the right to make their own choices especially when it comes to their bodies ... I don't want anyone owning me and when they tell me how to live then my rights are taken away from me ... Next they will be telling me what I can and can not eat ... hay, aren't they trying to do that also? .....

Chip, you sound like you want to be a keeper ... you know, you want everyone to be like you and to live as you think they should live ... and to condemn those who feel differently than you ... we are not our brothers keepers and that is why I want govt to stay out of our lives in controlling what we want to do with our bodies ... hey, I don't approve of abortion, smoking, drinking alcohol to the point of intoxication and taking drugs ... but I truly believe people have the right to make their own choices especially when it comes to their bodies ... I don't want anyone owning me and when they tell me how to live then my rights are taken away from me ... Next they will be telling me what I can and can not eat ... hay, aren't they trying to do that also? .....
Translation: "I, MichaelB, have so many controlled-by issues stemming from my unresolved issues from my family-of-origin ... so let 'em all have their damaging and deadly drugs!!! :mad:"

Yep, all these painful unresolved controlled-by issues so many freedom criers harbor, that all they want is to be left alone to do whatever they want, and they don't care at all how many lives are damaged and killed by these drugs they advocate.

In a healthy and progressive society we don't let people just do whatever the hell they please.

No, we set limits on allowable human behavior with respect to rights ...

... And the realities of rights place the foundational right to life first, the secondary right to security second and the tertiary right to freedom third.

That's why you can't run around murdering people and crying "freedom, freedom, freedom to do whatever I want!" as your lame excuse.

The same is true for abusing damaging and deadly drugs: there is no cry for "freedom" that overrides the security and the very lives of others the abuser comes in contact with while stoned, endangering the lives of others.

Just look at the car crashes stoners cause, posted earlier.

Just look at all the criminal acts caused by stoners that Andy posted earlier.

You've got to be seriously warped to think that a healthy society will tolerate this obvious cause and effect horror drug abuse causes.

When people are stoned they lose their cognitive judgement ability -- that's a fact.

And then they get behind the wheel of a car and injure and kill innocent others, caused by being stoned.

That cause and effect will not be tolerated by a healthy society.

And, of course, a healthy society wants healthy members, so of course the overwelming vast majority, 99% of the population who are not pot abusers, aren't going to listen kindly to druggies shouting "Gimme my drug!!!" because of the damage these druggies do to others, as well as the sad damage they do to themselves.

Healthy people just can't advocate or accept that kind of self-destructive behavior permeating their entire society.

So the drug war exists to defend ourselves from the scourge of druggies and the deadly drug war they cause.

Druggies, money-lovers, the oppositional defiant disordered, and others with unresolved family-of-origin controlled-by issues aren't going to get to work out their doomed-to-fail "corrective emotional experience" on society hoping that they can be childishly allowed to do anything they want.

Life doesn't work that way, not in a healthy and progressive society, it doesn't.

Human rights realities won't allow you to behave in ways that are proven to lead directly or too tragically often indirectly to the cause of injury and death to others.

It's time for all of you with these un-resolved family-of-origin issues to grow the f... up, resolve those issues with therapy, and find a dynamic balance between security and freedom that respects the human rights, security and the very lives of others, and thereby take your proper role as a responsible and accountable member of the society to which you are supposed to belong.

Those who don't, those who put the lives of others at risk via bad behavior caused by drug abuse, are headed for the pokey, where they belong, thereby keeping the rest of us who wish to do the right thing by ourselves and and fellow human beings safe from malcontents like drug abusers.

Translation: "I, MichaelB, have so many controlled-by issues stemming from my unresolved issues from my family-of-origin ... so let 'em all have their damaging and deadly drugs!!! :mad:"

Yep, all these painful unresolved controlled-by issues so many freedom criers harbor, that all they want is to be left alone to do whatever they want, and they don't care at all how many lives are damaged and killed by these drugs they advocate.

In a healthy and progressive society we don't let people just do whatever the hell they please.

... And the realities of rights place the foundational right to life first, the secondary right to security second and the tertiary right to freedom third.

That's why you can't run around murdering people and crying "freedom, freedom, freedom to do whatever I want!" as your lame excuse.

The same is true for abusing damaging and deadly drugs: there is no cry for "freedom" that overrides the security and the very lives of others the abuser comes in contact with while stoned, endangering the lives of others.

You've got to be seriously warped to think that a healthy society will tolerate this obvious cause and effect horror drug abuse causes.

When people are stoned they lose their cognitive judgement ability -- that's a fact.

And then they get behind the wheel of a car and injure and kill innocent others, caused by being stoned.

And, of course, a healthy society wants healthy members, so of course the overwelming vast majority, 99% of the population who are not pot abusers, aren't going to listen kindly to druggies shouting "Gimme my drug!!!" because of the damage these druggies do to others, as well as the sad damage they do to themselves.

Healthy people just can't advocate or accept that kind of self-destructive behavior permeating their entire society.

So the drug war exists to defend ourselves from the scourge of druggies and the deadly drug war they cause.

Druggies, money-lovers, the oppositional defiant disordered, and others with unresolved family-of-origin controlled-by issues aren't going to get to work out their doomed-to-fail "corrective emotional experience" on society hoping that they can be childishly allowed to do anything they want.

Life doesn't work that way, not in a healthy and progressive society, it doesn't.

Human rights realities won't allow you to behave in ways that are proven to lead directly or too tragically often indirectly to the cause of injury and death to others.

It's time for all of you with these un-resolved family-of-origin issues to grow the f... up, resolve those issues with therapy, and find a dynamic balance between security and freedom that respects the human rights, security and the very lives of others, and thereby take your proper role as a responsible and accountable member of the society to which you are supposed to belong.

Those who don't, those who put the lives of others at risk via bad behavior caused by drug abuse, are headed for the pokey, where they belong, thereby keeping the rest of us who wish to do the right thing by ourselves and and fellow human beings safe from malcontents like drug abusers.

I just had a thought..have you lost a loved one to drug abuse or something related in the past? Has a woman left you for the pot dealer down the street? Something's going on here.You'll probably deny it, but those with psychological problems usually do..... You see, I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that your fascist like attitude is rooted in something much deeper.

BTW Chip, just out of curiosity, since you've got such a hard on for all drugs...do you think alcohol should be outlawed?

I just had a thought..
A stoned one? Most likely.

Indeed, here the druggie performs his usual projection behavior, as he does so often, with a little transference and displacement likely as well.

The druggie never looks at himself directly -- he can't; his drug-addict denial won't let him.

He never looks at the self-defeating, self-damaging, other-harming behavior of being an active drug addict.

No, even though it's obvious to the 99% of the population who aren't active addicts that he never looks at himself and his own behavior, his own behavior that's obviously, to non-stoned, sane people, the problem.

No, he just keeps looking at others who aren't doing anything wrong, who obviously aren't behaving in a self-damaging, self-defeating, other-harming way ...

... And he ludicrously tries to blame them, to find something wrong with them, which he then hopes he can use, once again, as an excuse to keep fooling himself that drug addiction is a "good" thing, and the overwhelming vast majority who knows for a fact that drug addiction is a very bad thing are the "wrong" ones.

Typical druggie denial in action.

have you lost a loved one to drug abuse
Irrelevant and meaningless.

No.

Your self-defeating, self-damaging, other-harming drug addiction is all about you and no one else.

Take responsibility for yourself, and stop trying to wipe your faults off onto others, druggie.

or something related in the past?

No.

Your self-defeating, self-damaging, other-harming drug addiction is all about you and no one else.

Take repsponsibility for yourself, and stop trying to wipe your faults off onto others, druggie.

Has a woman left you for the pot dealer down the street?

No.

Take repsponsibility for yourself, and stop trying to wipe your faults off onto others, druggie.

Something's going on here.

The only thing "going on" here is your typical druggie drug-addict denial of the self-defeating, self-damaging, other-harming reality of your drug abuse.

You'll probably deny it, but those with psychological problems usually do.....
Your HUGE projection is, as always, irrelevant and meaningless within the context you present it.

That's what makes me such a good counselor.

I know how to irritate sufficiently to bring out the projection, transferrence, and displacement.

You are cannon fodder for me, druggie.

The more you focus on your irritation ... the weaker your denial mechanism becomes ... until .. eventually. :eek: ... :cool:

You see, I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that your fascist like attitude is rooted in something much deeper.
Erroneous, meaningless, irrelevant.

Nevertheless, still another projection from the druggie.

It is a proven fact in psychological study and practice that drug addiction is most certainly rooted in deeper unresolved family-of-origin damage issues.

I wonder if you realize how foolish you look to all the non-druggies who pass this way?!

They know that drug addiction is obviously a bad thing.

They know that drug addiction is obviously self-damaging.

They know that drug addicts obviously injure and kill others when they operate machinery (cars, guns, etc.) while stoned, often injuring or killing themselves in the process.

They know that drug addiction obviously causes brain damage over term of use.

They know that druggie soldiers obviously are trying to murderously invade this country.

They know that millions and millions, even billions more people obviously will become active addicts if illegal drugs are legalized.

These are obvious realities to those not lingeringly stoned.

But does the druggie see this?

Does the druggie see this obviously straight reality?

No.

All the druggie does is concoct projections of himself leveled at the counselor ...

... as part and parcel of his druggie denial.

'Tis sad.

BTW Chip, just out of curiosity, since you've got such a hard on for all drugs...do you think alcohol should be outlawed?
Irrelevant, meaningless.

And, though the druggie is oblivious to it, his own behavior is the best argument for making alcohol illegal ...

... Or, more likely, for chemists to one day remove the drugging effects of alcohol without altering the taste, so that good and tasty wines can be paired with great dinners without the unfortunate side effect of getting drunk.

But, foolish druggie, he just can't fathom that he and all the other druggies are the perfect argument for making alcohol illegal, or stepping up the effort to detox it.

Again, as always, the druggie has no idea what he's doing.

I'm sorry about how you must have grown up and I want to let you know you are not alone ...but we can't keep blaming our growing up on how we feel ... there comes a time we must put the past behind us and move on so we can become a happy and productive individual ... and I know this from 1st hand experience ... I left home the day after I graduated from high school and made a life for myself without abuse from an addictive parent ... and I never said people can do whatever they want and forget about the laws and common sense ... It's just that when it comes to our bodies I don't want anyone having control over what I do with it .... drugs have been illegal for many years and it hasn't stopped people from using and abusing them ... in fact, the problem has worsened .... so making them illegal hasn't done a damn bit of good now has it ... my issue is with control (the govt's) of taking away my ability to make a choice for myself ... and I already know what you are thinking .... that there are those out there who can't make a correct choice for themselves so we need to have the govt make those choices for them ... now that is scarry ... :eek:

Werbung:
I'm sorry about how you must have grown up and I want to let you know you are not alone ...but we can't keep blaming our growing up on how we feel ... there comes a time we must put the past behind us and move on so we can become a happy and productive individual ... and I know this from 1st hand experience ... I left home the day after I graduated from high school and made a life for myself without abuse from an addictive parent ... and I never said people can do whatever they want and forget about the laws and common sense ... It's just that when it comes to our bodies I don't want anyone having control over what I do with it .... drugs have been illegal for many years and it hasn't stopped people from using and abusing them ... in fact, the problem has worsened .... so making them illegal hasn't done a damn bit of good now has it ... my issue is with control (the govt's) of taking away my ability to make a choice for myself ... and I already know what you are thinking .... that there are those out there who can't make a correct choice for themselves so we need to have the govt make those choices for them ... now that is scarry ... :eek:
Your post here is essentially a carbon copy of your last one, so I'll simply refer you to my previous reply: Your Controlled-by Issues Are Obvious

"Translation: "I, MichaelB, have so many controlled-by issues stemming from my unresolved issues from my family-of-origin ... so let 'em all have their damaging and deadly drugs!!! :mad:"

Those who don't, those who put the lives of others at risk via bad behavior caused by drug abuse, are headed for the pokey, where they belong, thereby keeping the rest of us who wish to do the right thing by ourselves and and fellow human beings safe from malcontents like drug abusers."

Learn to live with the fact, MichaelB, that society, that 99% that aren't drug addicts, are the ones who create the government and demand, in the representative democracy of our democratic republic, to keep drugs illegal and thereby protect society from those who use drugs and always end up harming innocent people.

Your beef isn't with the "big, bad government", MichaelB, your beef is with common ordinary everyday folks who simply say "no" to turning the world into a stoned out drug den.

Though you may wish to be a dysfunctional individualism island, isolated from the rest of mainstream society, society isn't going to let your reactive "let me do whatever I want whenever I want to no matter who I hurt in the process" coping mechanism destroy innocent lives.

Get use to it.

Your really do need to take your unresolved family-of-origin controlled-by issues to a competent mental health practitioner.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back