"The Times, They Are A-Changing...."

Now all that to say this... You live in a community that survived the Hurricane, that's near where these crazy people are... what do YOU do? Band together and protect your community? Or what? Wait till the nutty people come, shoot you, and loot your homes?
....Or, rapin' all-o'-the White-women....don't forget that ol' stand-by, when discussing community-action committees.

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
At the same time, if I found myself in one of those situations, firstly I wouldnt be unarmed as the shooting victims appeared to be in this case. I would also not hesitate to get the necessary supplies for survival for myself and family.
Just make sure you're the right-color, first.​

"While the decision to arrest people for trying to survive seems misplaced, it could have something to do with the news coverage of Katrina. It has been saturated with descriptions of blacks chest-deep in water "looting" food, while referring to whites in virtually the same circumstances as survivors "finding" food."

I'm asking a question. Can I ask questions? Or is this one of those liberal things were if you don't know anything different, then you must follow the conventional wisdom?

In other parts of New Orleans, people killed people, looted entire neighborhoods, ransacked peoples homes, and fought with the policy and even started shooting at the helicopters sent to evac hospitals, and the busses sent to get people out of N.O.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_quFjMX3xLs

This video is 9 minutes long, and shows the massive anarchy and craziness that happened after Katrina. Note the girl at the end describing how a man was shot because he tried to help more people out by letting them stay in his apartment. Apparently the others thought there was enough there. Or how one shot another for trying to steal the ATM machine that he wanted to take.

At the end, it tells how search and rescue missions were called off after locals started shooting at the choppers looking for survivors.

Now all that to say this... You live in a community that survived the Hurricane, that's near where these crazy people are... what do YOU do? Band together and protect your community? Or what? Wait till the nutty people come, shoot you, and loot your homes? What's your reaction?

Protecting yourself and your home from looters is one thing, and going on a hunting expedition is quite another. Sure, in a time of anarchy, it is a good idea to have some good allies and arm yourself. Using the situation to go out shooting people is just adding to the anarchy, don't you think?

Protecting yourself and your home from looters is one thing, and going on a hunting expedition is quite another. Sure, in a time of anarchy, it is a good idea to have some good allies and arm yourself. Using the situation to go out shooting people is just adding to the anarchy, don't you think?

If that's what they did, then I agree. That isn't how it came across to me. Sounded like they patrolled their own area.

Yeah.....considering both-sides of an(y) issue (devoid of all Absolutes) is down-right un-American, right?

:rolleyes:

Shaman, if you truly do not believe in absolute truth, then everything you say, by your own admission, is not absolutely true. Why do you post at all, since you are openly admitting you say nothing truthful?

Shaman, if you truly do not believe in absolute truth, then everything you say, by your own admission, is not absolutely true.
My truths are a result of what I've (actually) experienced/seen.....as-opposed-to those Absolutes that "moralists" are all-the-time pushing, mostly to protect their herd from (any) original-thoughts.​

"Says the Rev. Rex Heath, 65, who runs the Mother Lode Christian School in Tuolumne City, Calif.: "When the community appeals to higher standards of academics, that always kills spiritual values. All those schools like Yale and Harvard started out as Christian schools, but then they got concerned with quality."

Bobby Jindal.....Come On DOWN!!!!!!!!!!

"I am deeply disturbed by the reported incidents in Algiers Point, Louisiana following Hurricane Katrina," said Conyers, a Michigan Democrat. Algiers Point residents, Conyers continued, "allegedly shot randomly at African Americans who had fled to the area escaping the effects of the storm. Several injuries and deaths were reported. I am particularly concerned about accounts that local police fueled, rather than extinguished, the violence."

Conyers' concern is helping focus attention on the issue and our friends at Color of Change have launched a petition demanding that Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, Louisiana Attorney General Buddy Caldwell, and, if necessary, the US Department of Justice investigate the shootings in the face of the dereliction of duty of the local authorities."​

I see that gun ownership is working as well as ever in the bad old US of A.

What do you mean? People are shooting themselves, other people, and animals EVERY day, so it must still be working! The only time it really stops working is when you run out of ammo.:) Don't tell me that you come from one of those wimpy countries like France where people don't solve all their problems with guns.:eek:

My truths are a result of what I've (actually) experienced/seen.....as-opposed-to those Absolutes that "moralists" are all-the-time pushing, mostly to protect their herd from (any) original-thoughts.​

"Says the Rev. Rex Heath, 65, who runs the Mother Lode Christian School in Tuolumne City, Calif.: "When the community appeals to higher standards of academics, that always kills spiritual values. All those schools like Yale and Harvard started out as Christian schools, but then they got concerned with quality."

The Rev. Heath has got it right, ignorance is not only bliss, it's a virtue. By God, we can't have people thinking for themselves, we might not be able to control them! Just think what might happen if someone was to realize how many poor people could get food and housing for the money that is spent on keeping the Pope in kingly-style at the Vatican. If the Catholic Church can pony up billions for reparations to the people molested by priests, why can't they use some of their money for the poorest of Jesus' people? Why have they been hoarding those billions in the face of such human suffering?

Ah, so absolute truth, is only true, if it's your truth, and no one else's truth. That's so much different than those religious people.

What do you mean? People are shooting themselves, other people, and animals EVERY day, so it must still be working! The only time it really stops working is when you run out of ammo.:) Don't tell me that you come from one of those wimpy countries like France where people don't solve all their problems with guns.:eek:

But that doesn't stop people from killing each other. You do realize many people were murdered prior to the invention of the gun, right?

Werbung:
But not in the numbers since the invention of the gun,

And there are plenty of people who would be alive if during a drunken row their partner, friend, acquaintance etc hadn't had access to a gun.

Back