The Tyranny of Trump

Old_Trapper70

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/07/trump-and-tyranny/

"[Trump] doesn’t seem to care about [the Constitution’s] limitations on executive power. He has threatened that those who criticize him will suffer when he is president. He has vowed to torture suspected terrorists and bomb their innocent relatives, no matter the illegality of either act. He has vowed to constrict the independent press. He went after a judge whose rulings angered him, exacerbating his contempt for the independence of the judiciary by insisting that the judge should be disqualified because of his Mexican heritage. Mr. Trump has encouraged and celebrated violence at his rallies. The U.S. democratic system is strong and has proved resilient when it has been tested before. We have faith in it. But to elect Mr. Trump would be to knowingly subject it to threat."...

Orin Kerr has a piece in the Post about what the Department of Justice would look like under Trump; it’s chilling. Here’s Kerr’s punchline:

What would a Trump Justice Department look like?

It would be pretty damn frightening, I think. Trump has two long-standing passions when it comes to law and law enforcement. His first passion is the suppression of protest and dissent. And his second passion is bringing lots of legal actions against his critics and threatening many more to get his way.

Werbung:
http://abovethelaw.com/2016/07/trump-and-tyranny/

"[Trump] doesn’t seem to care about [the Constitution’s] limitations on executive power. He has threatened that those who criticize him will suffer when he is president. He has vowed to torture suspected terrorists and bomb their innocent relatives, no matter the illegality of either act. He has vowed to constrict the independent press. He went after a judge whose rulings angered him, exacerbating his contempt for the independence of the judiciary by insisting that the judge should be disqualified because of his Mexican heritage. Mr. Trump has encouraged and celebrated violence at his rallies. The U.S. democratic system is strong and has proved resilient when it has been tested before. We have faith in it. But to elect Mr. Trump would be to knowingly subject it to threat."...

Orin Kerr has a piece in the Post about what the Department of Justice would look like under Trump; it’s chilling. Here’s Kerr’s punchline:

What would a Trump Justice Department look like?

It would be pretty damn frightening, I think. Trump has two long-standing passions when it comes to law and law enforcement. His first passion is the suppression of protest and dissent. And his second passion is bringing lots of legal actions against his critics and threatening many more to get his way.
So if your fantasy is true he's just a white obama

No, he is Obama on steroids, and it seems the right wing is as accepting of his proposed violations of the Constitution as the left wing was of Obama.
Note my qualifier of "if" BO did in fact violate the constitution repeatedly. Sadly the other two branches did little to provide their checks and balances.

Note my qualifier of "if" BO did in fact violate the constitution repeatedly. Sadly the other two branches did little to provide their checks and balances.

Actually, the qualifier revolves around the word "fantasy" because it is not a fantasy that Trump will ignore the Constitution since he has demonstrated already that he will. The "fantasy" also derives from the idea that Obama has. In fact, one would be hard pressed to find where any President over the past 100 years has not violated the Constitution. The question has been, and will be, how much will the people know of, and how much will they tolerate.

Actually, the qualifier revolves around the word "fantasy" because it is not a fantasy that Trump will ignore the Constitution since he has demonstrated already that he will. The "fantasy" also derives from the idea that Obama has. In fact, one would be hard pressed to find where any President over the past 100 years has not violated the Constitution. The question has been, and will be, how much will the people know of, and how much will they tolerate.
Where did he ignore the constitution ?
Not holding office is going to make that hard to demonstrate.

Where did he ignore the constitution ?
Not holding office is going to make that hard to demonstrate.

Since when does holding political office becomes the only way to violate the Constitution? Now, try censoring (freedom of speech rights) the media, and threatening to sue the media, or declaring that as President one would seek to change libel laws; then there is the ordering of the military to utilize torture; threatening to kill innocent people who happen to be members of a terrorists family; need I go on?

I am going to LMAO when fools like you finally figure out that Trump is working with the Clintons to insure she gets elected.

Since when does holding political office becomes the only way to violate the Constitution? Now, try censoring (freedom of speech rights) the media, and threatening to sue the media, or declaring that as President one would seek to change libel laws; then there is the ordering of the military to utilize torture; threatening to kill innocent people who happen to be members of a terrorists family; need I go on?

I am going to LMAO when fools like you finally figure out that Trump is working with the Clintons to insure she gets elected.
As I said, you've got nothing

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Please note the first five words in the amendment.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Please note the first five words in the amendment.

What does that have to do with Trumps opinion, or his own actions?

I would bet you agree with Trumps new idea of "extreme vetting" which includes a test for ideological (religious) views.

What does that have to do with Trumps opinion, or his own actions?

I would bet you agree with Trumps new idea of "extreme vetting" which includes a test for ideological (religious) views.
I would bet that you think trump is this thing called "congress".
He is not congress and so cannot pass a law in violation.

I would bet that you think trump is this thing called "congress".
He is not congress and so cannot pass a law in violation.

Not answering the question which is what you have done ever since I posted this thread.

I would bet you think Hobby Lobby is part of Congress. Or are you still hung up on the idea that only Congress can violate the Constitution? If so, then you would have to agree that Obama never violated the Constitution.

He has vowed to torture suspected terrorists and bomb their innocent relatives, no matter the illegality of either act.
Trump said some foolish things and later realized his mistake and changed his mind, but Obama has tortured and Obama has blown up children.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-in-afghanistan-as-recently-as-last-year.html

http://www.commondreams.org/news/20...rone-strikes-obama-inauguration-six-years-ago

He has vowed to constrict the independent press.
Ha ha You mean the already constricted corporate media?

Mr. Trump has encouraged and celebrated violence at his rallies.
Remember when the left used violence to shut down free speech. Soros called up rent-a-mob and used them to shut down a Trump rally.

Werbung:
Back