The Unofficial GOP Strategy :cool:

Someone was asking me the other day why I think the GOP is doomed as a political party. I explained that it was very simple to understand. Back in the day of which some of you may be too young to remember, the GOP dominated the flow of information via newspapers, TV, magazines and radio. I forget the statistic just now but that ownership was something like 80%. And of course, having the domination they also had the money to squeeze out independant or liberal media to the point of obscurity anyway.

For years and years and years this went on unfettered. That democrats were elected at all was a mystery and probably only explicable by considering it was when the audacity of the GOP had risen to such levels [you know, like the recent SCOTUS ruling] that the People mustered enough mojo to fight back at the polls simply by electing anyone as far away from the GOP politicians as they could.

Then along came the internet that pipes in all sorts of independant information, a world library at the fingertips of everyone.

Game over. Only the GOP still is reflexively going through the motions of being utterly infallible and uber-powerful. Their solution to not controlling 80% of the flow of information to make "informed" voters of their base in the past is to make crap up. Literally it's all they have left aside from honestly assessing the needs of real people in the 21st Century. The trouble is that little bugger the internet just keeps allowing people to doublecheck the propaganda. It must be just a nightmare for the poor GOP strategists..

Yes the pajamahadine have kept the ;lies of the left in check while the movehuffpoers just saw their merry fitzmas and tangfest fizzle like wet firecrackers.

Werbung:
Scientist way back in the day declared the presence of "tiny bodies" [that we now know to be bacteria] absurd. They would wear braids of garlic around their neck to cast away the 'evil airs' during the plague.

Anything less was silly. They killed cats too because they thought they were the devil's servants. So the rats that flourished bore the fleas that had the "impossible" tiny bodies that killed milliions.

Of course all this was perfectly normal and anyone suggesting otherwise was a whack-job..
:rolleyes:

Scientist way back in the day declared the presence of "tiny bodies" [that we now know to be bacteria] absurd. They would wear braids of garlic around their neck to cast away the 'evil airs' during the plague.

Anything less was silly. They killed cats too because they thought they were the devil's servants. So the rats that flourished bore the fleas that had the "impossible" tiny bodies that killed milliions.

Of course all this was perfectly normal and anyone suggesting otherwise was a whack-job..

That's what happens when science is guided by scientific consensus rather than scientific fact.

Science to this day is heavily influenced by consensus. Or haven't you read the global warming debate?

Organized greed never ceases in its aims to twist the truth. And hey, looks like with that statement, we've returned to the subject of this thread..

cats ARE the devil's servants. pure evil.
but less creepy than snakes to keep the rodent population down.

Science to this day is heavily influenced by consensus. Or haven't you read the global warming debate?

Organized greed never ceases in its aims to twist the truth. And hey, looks like with that statement, we've returned to the subject of this thread..

no consensus on high mtn glaciers it seems, just some term paper from a master's student.

Gee how did I know you'd twist it that way? ..lol...oh, I know, because this is the Unofficial GOP Strategy thread..

Oh what a tangled web they weave when first they practice to deceive..
..Since the 1945 meeting between President Franklin Roosevelt and King Abdul Aziz ibn Saud, the founder of the Saudi monarchy, U.S. foreign policy has been subservient to the nation’s energy needs. Access to the Persian Gulf oil required robust and costly military presence in the region and frequent interventions. Worse, the U.S. has been forced to coddle some of the world’s
worst despots just because they held the key to our prosperity hence compromising American values and principles...

..The overall reserves-to-production ratio -- an indicator
of how long proven reserves would last at current production rates – outside of the Middle East is about 15 years comparing to roughly 80 years in the Middle East. According to Exxon Corporation and PFC Energy, non-OPEC production, including Russia and West Africa will peak within a decade.1At that point the amount of oil found outside of the Middle East will decline steeply, putting OPEC in the driver seat of the world economy..

..Indeed, oil imports constitute a quarter of the U.S. trade deficit and are a
major contributor to the loss of jobs and investment opportunities. According to a study on the hidden cost of oil by the National Defense Council Foundation, the periodic oil shocks the U.S. has experienced since the 1973 Arab oil embargo cost the economy almost $2.5 trillion. More importantly, while the U.S. economy is bleeding, oil-producing nations increase their oil
revenues dramatically to the detriment of our national security...

..It is widely accepted that Saudi Arabia’s oil wealth has directly enabled the spread of Wahhabism around the world. The Saudis use oil funds to control most of the Arabic language media and are now moving to gain growing control over Western media.[And our total democracy via the SCOTUS decision.] Only last month [in 2005..may have more by now] Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, the world’s fifth richest man, purchased 5.46 percent of Fox News...

..The U.S. in an odd situation in which it is funding both sides in the war on terrorism. We finance the defense of the Free World against its sworn enemies through our tax dollars. And at the same time we support hostile regimes through the transfer of petrodollars. If we don’t change course
we will bleed more dollars each year as our enemies gather strength. Steady increase in world demand for oil means further enrichment of the corrupt and dictatorial regimes in the Persian Gulf and continued access of terrorist groups to a viable financial network which allows them to remain a lethal threat to the U.S. and its allies.corporation..http://foreign.senate.gov/testimony/2005/LuftTestimony051020.pdf

These are soundbites from the report but I do recommend visiting the link for the whole read.

James Murdoch has been backed to succeed his father as head of News Corporation by Alwaleed bin Talal, the Saudi Arabian prince who is the largest shareholder in the media conglomerate outside the Murdoch clan.

Bin Talal, who owns a 7% stake in News Corp, described James as "Rupert Murdoch in the making", adding that he would back him to succeed his father, the chairman and chief executive of the company.

"If he [Rupert] doesn't appoint him, I'll be the first one to nominate him to be the successor of Mr Rupert Murdoch, God forbid if something happens to him," said bin Talal in an interview with Charlie Rose, the veteran presenter for US public service broadcaster PBS, on Wednesday.

"I have full confidence in him, full trust in him, and he's capable. He's really Rupert Murdoch in the making, and he's almost there now," he added.

Bin Talal's stake in News Corp is controlled by Kingdom Holdings, of which he is the chairman... http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jan/22/james-murdoch-news-corp-head

...It is common knowledge among Prince Alwaleed’s friends and business associates that whenever he sets his mind to attain a particular objective, he pursues it with an unrelenting tenacity and singleness of purpose...

..Looking to other opportunities, the banking sector caught the Prince’s eye...

..Perhaps no single transaction has catapulted Prince Alwaleed to the world’s financial stage in as spectacular a fashion as did his acquisition in 1991 of Citibank (subsequently, Citigroup) stocks. Few people could then imagine that a Saudi Arabian, and a royal at that, would burst onto the international scene, seemingly out of nowhere, to invest so heavily in one of the major banks of the world and to help restore it to such health that it would become the leading financial institution in the world. Needless to say, this was not propelled by a sense of altruism, but by the impetus to act whenever suitable opportunities presented themselves...

..Significant though it is, the banking sector has not been the only focus of Prince Alwaleeds’s investment search. He has constantly scanned the spectrum for opportunities in other spheres. Over the years he has acquired substantial interests in a variety of sectors, such as hotels, real estate, media, broadcasting, entertainment, information technology, communications..[including Fox Noise to which he holds the most shares behind the Murdochs]
http://www.kingdom.com.sa/en/mng_ExecChairman.asp

I guess the guy just gets around. He has holdings in so many US companies that towards the end I just was befuddled. It's not like major shareholders have a say in policy right? It's not like say that corporate policy influences who they back in elections right? It's not like say that this Prince could directly affect our national security in any way shape or form.. just absurd really.

He's probably just a well-meaning rich arab guy who is just investing here and there in order to keep his wealth going. I doubt it has anything to do with power plays. I'm sure his pull at Fox Noise has nothing to do with its endless BigOil curriculum and propaganda spew. It's not like say, already the GOP is owned by this curriculum in Congress and that would explain their stalwart stance against the dems.

The GOP's base needs to understand who their leaders answer to and why. They might be surprised to find they answer to guys wearing turbins. Or maybe not. They're so brainswashed, all they'd have to do is hear Hannity or Limbaugh say it was OK and they'd be just fine with it.
The president, who is piloting an 800 billion dollar plus economic bailout plan through Congress, pledged to make clear that the Wall Street fat cats must "start acting in a more responsible fashion, if we are to together get this economy rolling again."

He also brought up the case of Citibank, which has taken funds under a separate 700 billion dollar Wall Street bailout, and reportedly nixed plans to buy a 42 million dollar corporate jet after the Treasury Department complained.http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Obama_blasts_big_Wall_Street_bonuses_0129.html
So I wonder if, just for example, a foreign interest holdings or in this case outright ownership by the Saudi Prince, might be able to pull the pins out of a financial system in order to cause its collapse. The Prince seems very careful, very sensitive to public opinion as he lowers the axe?

But you know me, I'm such a conspiracy theorist anyway. He and his friends probably really do have the US's best interest in mind.

That's it eh? You see no conflict of interest?

Let me soundbite the Prince again for you and see if any red flags come up:

Alwaleed bin Talal, the Saudi Arabian prince who is the largest shareholder in the media conglomerate [owning Fox Noise] outside the Murdoch clan.

It is common knowledge among Prince Alwaleed’s friends and business associates that whenever he sets his mind to attain a particular objective, he pursues it with an unrelenting tenacity and singleness of purpose...

his acquisition in 1991 of Citibank (subsequently, Citigroup) stocks

Needless to say, this was not propelled by a sense of altruism, but by the impetus to act whenever suitable opportunities presented themselves...

The Prince took over Citibank, the largest single bank in the US according to accounts I've read. And one of the reckless ones. Do you think he knew that reckless investing might collapse our financial system, or do you think he just made a boo-boo?

You mean the US has to cede soverignty to the world community when it comes to humanitarian and climate concerns, but can tell the world community to take a flying fukc if it wants to invest in American prosperity?

Werbung:
That's it eh? You see no conflict of interest?

Let me soundbite the Prince again for you and see if any red flags come up:

blah blah blah

The Prince took over Citibank, the largest single bank in the US according to accounts I've read. And one of the reckless ones. Do you think he knew that reckless investing might collapse our financial system, or do you think he just made a boo-boo?

Any fool can see that CITI has a uniquer position in the financial pecking order and under proper guidance can made LOTS of money. You boogyman obviously has a pretty good ability to pick winners.

If he were out to kill America he would be in a cave with OBL. But unless he wants HIS money to disappear, and he certainly does NOT, he's got no interest in hurting his interests.

Back