The VP Debate thread.

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
Soooo where was the horrible bias ? I want to know what you think was so bias now that its actuly done.

2nd, Palin.. its a debate and she actually said I will not respond to that question, I will just talk about what I want anyway.

Biden talks about one thing asked , then Palin just said no i want to talk about taxes and says what she wants about taxes. Completely ignoring the question.

Overall She just could not give any details at all, ignored them , and just spouted rhetoric it seemed. I found her clearly lacking and anoying. I think telling was when asked how they would work to make DC less Partison...Biden talked about how he would not question the motives of those he did not agree with...Palin babled for a bit, then just attacked the Dems. SO she would cure it, but attacking one side?

Biden I though gave good clear responses, even to the questions asked, and seemed alot less talking in talking points then palin. I do wish he would have gone after her more for lacking any experiance in Nat Policy, and that she was compleatly ignoring the questions.....But It was clear the game plan going in was to ignore her , and focus on McCain..I think that was a good plan, but a small deture to attack her a bit would have been good...maybe it was fear of playing the sexist card becuse someone actuly questioned here.

On a issues, policy, and tact Biden won.
Palin I dont know , I found her a joke, and nothing but a walking talking point. But how her golly gee shucks ***** played with the public I am not sure. Biden gave me what I wanted, clear good policy and someone who acts like a President. ( for example no "SHout outs" in the middle of a Debate for VP of the US....this not not MTV Cribs

Palin showed me she is soooo not ready for prime time.
But Biden failed to knocked her down like expected, partly due to his going after McCain. I just hope the American public will see her just ignoring the questions , and responses....But I dont know if they will or not.

so my winner is Biden....as for How it will be viewed by the public as a winner...I think Biden but the Republican base will still be like it enough to be energized a bit still.

Werbung:
I think the mod was very fair. I am pretty surprised. I think Biden won too but only by a small amount.

In the last debate all the libs said Obama won because McCain did not knock him out and the debate was on McCains topic FP. so using that same rule (that I think is STUPID) Sarah Palin won. But since I didnt play that retarded game in the last debate, I have no reason to play that game in this debate.

Biden did well, I like him and I think its fair to say he won.

I think the mod was very fair. I am pretty surprised. I think Biden won too but only by a small amount.

In the last debate all the libs said Obama won because McCain did not knock him out and the debate was on McCains topic FP. so using that same rule (that I think is STUPID) Sarah Palin won. But since I didnt play that retarded game in the last debate, I have no reason to play that game in this debate.

Biden did well, I like him and I think its fair to say he won.

Just because its dumb does not make it true, and that's what Americans are like. I think as someone who cares about details Biden won bye landslide, the only thing that makes her close in this debate is that , I want to have a beer with him/her effect.

I love Biden
I am OK with Obama
I am OK with McCain, though don't agree and very much hated his attacking Obama for wanting to win the election at the cost of Iraq.
Palin I think is a Joke and a sad one that scares me.

Just because its dumb does not make it true, and that's what Americans are like. I think as someone who cares about details Biden won bye landslide, the only thing that makes her close in this debate is that , I want to have a beer with him/her effect.

I love Biden
I am OK with Obama
I am OK with McCain, though don't agree and very much hated his attacking Obama for wanting to win the election at the cost of Iraq.

Some of his facts were wrong 10 of them the news said and 6 could be debated. I have not heard yet what of her facts were wrong but I am sure some are. I know she got the last name wrong pf the general in Afganastan.

I like Biden
I like McCain
I like Palin
I cant stand Obama

lets just do a Biden McCain ticket :) and compromise :)

Some of his facts were wrong 10 of them the news said and 6 could be debated. I have not heard yet what of her facts were wrong but I am sure some are. I know she got the last name wrong pf the general in Afganastan.

I like Biden
I like McCain
I like Palin
I cant stand Obama

lets just do a Biden McCain ticket :) and compromise :)

6 months ago I would have been fine with that, not today, McCain lost it for me. Will you trade McCain for Chuck Hagel?

I love Biden
I am OK with Obama

The expectations of Palin were so low and she didn't fall off the stage or anything. She didn't answer a lot of the questions (even said she wasn't going to at one point) and fell back into that rambling Wasilla talk quite a few times.

I thought Joe Biden really came through for his ticket. I was really proud of the job he did. He wasn't condescending but he still kept the pressure on with actual dates & amounts & times & McCain's voting record & McCain's support of Bush.

He promoted his team well and really talked to middle class America directly. He was the Statesman hands down and looked every inch a Vice President... or President for that matter.

Palin just could not reach either of those two bars. She looked very credible as someone running for a small to medium size town Mayor down here in the lower 48. But that's not going to get it.

I was disturbed by her agreement with Cheney's opinion that the VP should have extra powers not set forth anywhere in the Constitution. And Biden nailed her good on that.

Oh and one the "Maverick" thing... come on!!! NO ONE CALLS THEIR SELF A MAVERICK! That's like some guy going on TV and calling themselves a STUD!

If others call you a Maverick or a Stud or if you're a girl a Fox that's one thing. But no one in their right mind that's not totally desperate for attention CALLS THEMSELVES THAT for Christ sake!!!

That's was embarrassing for her. I guess we just wait now and see what Saturday Night Live picks up on.

One thing that bugged me, and its the same thing McCain gets in trouble for was this

Palin "We cannot afford to lose against al-Qaida and the Shia extremists who are still there, still fighting us.""

al_Qaida is SUNNI For gods sakes no wounder we cant win a war against Bin Laden when the Republicans ( and yes I sure some Dems) if that they cant even get to know what Religion the Enemy follows.. Its like listening to someone act like they know what they are talking about in Ireland , how the Catholics need to get out and go back to the UK, becuse the are oppressing the Protestans. Get a damn clue and start useing the right terms, I know its Islam and people here dont show any respect to the Religion but even if you dont care, know youre Enemy.

al_Qaeda Hates the Shia, there are No Shia in the ranks ( maybe a few foot solders or something ,but even that I doubt is many)

:D

Biden starts out with a snotty condescending grin in the beginning, that I'm guessing may have cost him a million women's votes:

100208_veepsdebate3.jpg

Palin clearly identified the democrats as the party of surrender in iraq, with feeble response from Biden.

Biden also allowed himself to drop to the level of the leftwing slur blogs, with his sneer that Dick Cheney "one of the most dangerous vice presidents."

On issue after issue, Palin pointed out the inconsistencies, extremism, and doubletalk of the Obama campaign.

Too bad she was locked into McCain's call for more new "regulation", otherwise she could have stomped on Biden for the democrats' creation of the credit crisis. Also, it would have been nice to hear Biden's vaunted experience challenged - since he belongs to the democrat congress which has the lowest ratings in over 30 years, his experience is like that of a ball player on the worst team of the league. (However, if she DID say that, Katie Couric would have asked her "do you know which team that is?" :D)

Did Biden sweep all before him? Nope. He lost. :D

:D

Biden starts out with a snotty condescending grin in the beginning, that I'm guessing may have cost him a million women's votes:

100208_veepsdebate3.jpg

Palin clearly identified the democrats as the party of surrender in iraq, with feeble response from Biden.

Biden also allowed himself to drop to the level of the leftwing slur blogs, with his sneer that Dick Cheney "one of the most dangerous vice presidents."

On issue after issue, Palin pointed out the inconsistencies, extremism, and doubletalk of the Obama campaign.

Too bad she was locked into McCain's call for more new "regulation", otherwise she could have stomped on Biden for the democrats' creation of the credit crisis. Also, it would have been nice to hear Biden's vaunted experience challenged - since he belongs to the democrat congress which has the lowest ratings in over 30 years, his experience is like that of a ball player on the worst team of the league. (However, if she DID say that, Katie Couric would have asked her "do you know which team that is?" :D)

Did Biden sweep all before him? Nope. He lost. :D

I thought he was nice to her.

When Biden did not like something she said he just smiled. I think he has a great smile. its real. I dont like liberal politics but id still be tempted to vote for him just because he has a nice smile and seems like a regular guy. Unlike his running mate

The man who Palin beat in the gov race is at her party in Alaska and said she was right, she proved him wrong about being qualified to be gov of alaska. its so strange, I thought she was hated in alaska now, but the man she beat is at her party singing her praises with a ton of people.

Also I just wanted to add, for all the attacks that the mod was bias ( who of course I doubt anyone can say now when it actually happened.) but I found she lacked, She was soooo damn weak on Palin for just dancing and saying what she wanted even if it had nothing to do with anything. Grow some balls and back her up and say answer the damn question and stop this crap.

Soooo where was the horrible bias ? I want to know what you think was so bias now that its actuly done.

I pointed out in that thread that due to the fact the issue was out in the open for all to scrutinize, it'd likely be a non-issue and I'm glad that was the case.

2nd, Palin.. its a debate and she actually said I will not respond to that question, I will just talk about what I want anyway.

Biden talks about one thing asked , then Palin just said no i want to talk about taxes and says what she wants about taxes. Completely ignoring the question.

Be specific as to what questions were asked that you felt she didn't answer.

Overall She just could not give any details at all, ignored them , and just spouted rhetoric it seemed. I found her clearly lacking and anoying. I think telling was when asked how they would work to make DC less Partison...Biden talked about how he would not question the motives of those he did not agree with...Palin babled for a bit, then just attacked the Dems. SO she would cure it, but attacking one side?

I felt she was very personable, expressed herself well especially in regards to energy and amazingly did pretty well on foreign policy. She did have a tendency to bounce in an out of Campaign rhetoric, but overall I felt she did quite well.

Biden I though gave good clear responses, even to the questions asked, and seemed alot less talking in talking points then palin.

Joe is very likeable as well, but he banged on the same basic talking points.. I would have liked to have seen both Palin and him speak in a less practiced way on some issues..

I do wish he would have gone after her more for lacking any experiance in Nat Policy, and that she was compleatly ignoring the questions.....But It was clear the game plan going in was to ignore her , and focus on McCain..I think that was a good plan, but a small deture to attack her a bit would have been good...maybe it was fear of playing the sexist card becuse someone actuly questioned here.

Don't over exaggerate the ignoring the questions issues, most often she was simply readdressing the previous topic. Perhaps not prober debate procedure, but very human and I didn't get the sense she was avoiding anything.

On a issues, policy, and tact Biden won.

Issues and policy.. I think people will judge based upon there own tendencies towards republican/democrat. Tact, slam dunk for Palin.

Palin I dont know , I found her a joke, and nothing but a walking talking point. But how her golly gee shucks ***** played with the public I am not sure. Biden gave me what I wanted, clear good policy and someone who acts like a President. ( for example no "SHout outs" in the middle of a Debate for VP of the US....this not not MTV Cribs

totally disagree, Palin will resonate with the average joe and definitely shore up the republican base.

so my winner is Biden....as for How it will be viewed by the public as a winner...I think Biden but the Republican base will still be like it enough to be energized a bit still.

I think in the overall picture Palin won, but Biden didn't do anything to damage the Obama campaign.

You realize of course, your fail to make one criticism about Biden in your account of the debate.. Either Biden was perfect or perhaps you weren't open minded.. which do you think?

Werbung:
Also I just wanted to add, for all the attacks that the mod was bias ( who of course I doubt anyone can say now when it actually happened.) but I found she lacked, She was soooo damn weak on Palin for just dancing and saying what she wanted even if it had nothing to do with anything. Grow some balls and back her up and say answer the damn question and stop this crap.

Ifill was simply careful because she had been exposed. Ifill has been a steadfast Obama shill for at least a year.

Back