The Weird Santeria/Voodoo/Curse of the 2008 Election

Sihouette

On a lighter note it is interesting to visit the weirdness surrounding this election.

We have to date:

1.Tim Russert prematurely and hopefully announcing Hillary Clinton's political obituary and then himself dying on Friday the 13th.

2. The power going out in Washington DC the same day. (talk about your double meaning)

3. Jessie Helms (the heart of the far right's power) dying on our nation's birthday: July 4th.

:confused:

I'm seeing a theme here. I don't even want to speculate on what's going to happen next. Anyone? Maybe we could take a pool or something..

Werbung:
Tim Russert, the network’s chief political sage, was dancing on Clinton’s political grave before the votes in North Carolina and Indiana had even been fully counted - let alone those of the six contests to come, the undeclared super-delegates, or the disputed states of Florida and Michigan. Source: http://bibmomma.wordpress.com/2008/05/27/hating-hillary-round-2/

Prophetic? Date of article was May 27, 2008, just a couple of weeks before Russert's Friday the 13th demise. He really did seem to chant her hoped-for demise like a mantra until it, along with machine-gun like sexist comments aimed at making the populace fear a female president, actually affected the magic spell he wanted to acheive.

The hindus might say that this proves karma exists. This article is also itself an excellent chronology of BigMedia's cooperation with the GOP agenda of getting Obama in place as the dem nominee via utilizing sexist sterotypes.

Russert smirked about her premature obituary. It's possible her political obituary still might be a tad premature. Any one else have enough balls to challenge that possibility? Don't do it anywhere near Halloween.:cool:

Santería, also known as La Regla de Lukumi (Lukumi's Rule), is an Afro-Caribbean religious tradition derived from traditional beliefs of the Yoruba people of Nigeria...

..Many are of Hispanic and Caribbean descent but as the religion moves out of the inner cities and into the suburbs; a growing number are of African-American and European-American heritage...

..Their religion based on the worship of nature was renamed and documented by their masters. Santería, a pejorative term that characterizes deviant Catholic forms of worshiping saints, has become a common name for the religion. The term santero(a) is used to describe a priest or priestess replacing the traditional term Olorisha as an extension of the deities. The orishas became known as the saints in image of the Catholic pantheon."..

..This "veil" characterization of the relationship between Catholic saints and Cuban orisha, however, is somewhat undermined by the fact that the vast majority of santeros in Cuba today also consider themselves to be Catholics, have been baptized, and often require initiates to be baptized...

..The traditional Lukumi religion and its Santería counterpart can be found in many parts of the world today, including but not limited to: the United States, Cuba, the Caribbean, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Nicaragua, Argentina, Colombia, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Great Britain, Canada, Venezuela, Panama and other areas with large Latin American populations. A very similar religion called Candomblé is practiced in Brazil..

..Lukumi religiosity works toward a balance here on earth (androcentric)..Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santería

So it's like karma really. Just exploring this belief system and how it might apply to the "curse of the 2008 election." Not that anyone is taking credit for it as yet..:cool:

One month almost to the day after the fateful Friday 13th demise of Tim Russert, and the July 4th demise of Jesse Helms, another republican mouthpiece has died just four months after a tumor was found in his colon.

Tony Snow was the Whitehouse Press Secretary for Dubya and Dubya's dad.

Now I was looking for a common thread between these weird deaths and I think I found one at least between Snow and Russert. Both participated in promoting Obama over Hillary for nominee. Russert did so by "prematurely dancing on Clinton's political grave" and Snow did so by essentially smirking with Bill O'Reily on their agreement to stay silent about news of Obama's personal affairs that surely would've buried any hopes Obama had of beating Hillary Clinton.

In other words they both played an active part in ensuring Obama beat out Hillary in the primaries for nominee..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjPuVJwWg-Q

Apparently, someone upstairs is unhappy that Obama is looking like the democratic nominee?

Nah...I'm sure it's just a coincidence...?

So it's like karma really. Just exploring this belief system and how it might apply to the "curse of the 2008 election." Not that anyone is taking credit for it as yet..:cool:

Karma............. KARMA........... seriously you're talking about Karma yourself.:eek:

I'm thinking with all the hate speak calling a very good Christian Husband & Father with two wonderful little girls not to mention a well respected United States Senator and candidate for our next President of The United States of America... a Homo... a Drug Addict... an AIDS carrier...

you would be inclined to run... run away fast from anything even closely resembling Karma.
:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvTyUqeyEr0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H77opCVIe7Q

I believe that karma is a little more deep and far-reaching than most, and that extenuating circumstances justify certain "karmas" that aren't readily understood. Furthermore I've heard it said that wishing ill karma on another is a trap set to backfire.

Just from what I've read...

Anyhoo...I almost forgot this Santeria..

On the theme of promoting Obama over Clinton...

Jan. 28: Caroline and Ted Kennedy announce that they support Barack Obama for president. Less than six months later Ted Kennedy lies dying of brain cancer.

The columnist Robert Novak has a brain tumor and will stop writing and making television appearances, at least temporarily.Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/29/b...ev=click&WT.mc_id=BI-S-E-GG-NA-S-robert_novak

:confused:

Long known as a political conservative, Novak became a more visible and strident voice for the right wing when he began co-hosting the political show Crossfire in 1980 on CNN. He later appeared on the similar shows like The Capital Gang and Inside Politics.Source: http://www.answers.com/topic/robert-novak

The neocons and their talking heads should look into doing some more hail-mary's....or something??

One month almost to the day after the fateful Friday 13th demise of Tim Russert, and the July 4th demise of Jesse Helms, another republican mouthpiece has died just four months after a tumor was found in his colon.

Russert as a Republican mouthpiece? Where do you get this from?

Russert as a Republican mouthpiece? Where do you get this from?

Just a lucky guess?

Russert, a devout Catholic, said many times he had made a promise to God to never miss Sunday Mass if his son were born healthy. In his writing and in his news reporting, Russert spoke openly and fondly of his Catholic school education and of the role of the Catholic Church in his life. He was an outspoken supporter of Catholic education on all levels. [29] He said that his father, a sanitation worker who never finished high school, "worked two jobs all his life so his four kids could go to Catholic school, and those schools changed my life." He also spoke warmly of Catholic nuns who taught him. "Sister Mary Lucille founded a school newspaper and appointed me editor and changed my life," he said. Teachers in Catholic schools "taught me to read and write, but also how to tell right from wrong." Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Russert

I'm a big fan of "doing the math". Catholics are pro-lifer or they go to Hell, especially devout ones like Russert. So if he wasn't registered republican, he certainly was one in spirit...like Governor Ritter of Colorado.. you know..the "democrat" presiding over the Denver convention, the pro-life "democrat" who "supports" pro-choice Obama? I digress..

So we have Russert being a republican in spirit and being one of the 100 most influential people in journalism. Now where did I come up with the crazy idea that he was a mouthpiece for the GOP? Another thing he had in common with the GOP agenda was elevating Obama over Clinton, to affect the nomination of an easily-defeatable democrat in November (see Larry Sinclair story). He, using his known influence, prematurely announced the defeat of Hillary Clinton as potent momentum was picking up for her in the last races of the primary season. He took full advantage of his unique influential position to put a wet blanket on Hillary's momentum, utilizing the herd mentality psychological trick "follow the winner" to sway undecided voters to put their vote behind Obama just because Tim Russert said he was the winner already. Why vote for a loser? You get the idea...it's an age-old political trick..

And then on Friday the 13th he died of a massive heart attack while doing what he always did, spinning (albeit more subtly I will grant you than some) for the GOP. Just like he spun to elevate the unelectable, allegedly gay, allegedly crack-using Obama over Hillary Clinton, a clear uniter. Russert knew the gay Obama story was "in play". He hung out with O'Reilly on occasion, and probably Snow too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjPuVJwWg-Q

You have to realize that this is my thread where I am playing pundit for the dark forces of the universe...:p Take it with a grain of salt, or not...whichever is your bent of character.

Can you name ANY policy positions that differed between Obama and Hillary? Do you not understand that Obama is filling his cabinet and staff with Clintonista's?

Obama isn't filling anything without an official nomination...which he doesn't have yet..

And even after that, he'll fill no cabinet positions if a scandal gets "leaked" to the press by the GOP. With such a narrow poll lead now, any significant upset means Obama's cabinet hopefuls will be looking for other work. McCain's campaign is way too lackadaisical for my experience with razor-sharp GOP strategists behind him.. It makes me worry why he isn't worried..

But this thread is about weird coincidences. You have to admit, this has been a very dark election with respect to all the sudden brain tumors, heart attacks and whatnot of key Media/GOP players..

Going...both with brain tumors..

Kennedy (actual political affiliation questionable)

Novak

Gone...

Russert

Snow

Helms

That's why I was asking if people had seen that rumored "demon cat" or "DC" in the Capitol Building basement recently? Anyone posting here work at the Capitol Building?

Obama isn't filling anything without an official nomination...which he doesn't have yet..

And even after that, he'll fill no cabinet positions if a scandal gets "leaked" to the press by the GOP. With such a narrow poll lead now, any significant upset means Obama's cabinet hopefuls will be looking for other work. McCain's campaign is way too lackadaisical for my experience with razor-sharp GOP strategists behind him.. It makes me worry why he isn't worried..

But this thread is about weird coincidences. You have to admit, this has been a very dark election with respect to all the sudden brain tumors, heart attacks and whatnot of key Media/GOP players..

Going...both with brain tumors..

Kennedy (actual political affiliation questionable)

Novak

Gone...

Russert

Snow

Helms

That's why I was asking if people had seen that rumored "demon cat" or "DC" in the Capitol Building basement recently? Anyone posting here work at the Capitol Building?

So Ted Kennedy is really a Republican covering for "Big Media"? At least it is not "BigOil" this time.

Werbung:
Just a lucky guess?

I'm a big fan of "doing the math". Catholics are pro-lifer or they go to Hell, especially devout ones like Russert. So if he wasn't registered republican, he certainly was one in spirit...like Governor Ritter of Colorado.. you know..the "democrat" presiding over the Denver convention, the pro-life "democrat" who "supports" pro-choice Obama? I digress..

So we have Russert being a republican in spirit and being one of the 100 most influential people in journalism. Now where did I come up with the crazy idea that he was a mouthpiece for the GOP? Another thing he had in common with the GOP agenda was elevating Obama over Clinton, to affect the nomination of an easily-defeatable democrat in November (see Larry Sinclair story). He, using his known influence, prematurely announced the defeat of Hillary Clinton as potent momentum was picking up for her in the last races of the primary season. He took full advantage of his unique influential position to put a wet blanket on Hillary's momentum, utilizing the herd mentality psychological trick "follow the winner" to sway undecided voters to put their vote behind Obama just because Tim Russert said he was the winner already. Why vote for a loser? You get the idea...it's an age-old political trick..

And then on Friday the 13th he died of a massive heart attack while doing what he always did, spinning (albeit more subtly I will grant you than some) for the GOP. Just like he spun to elevate the unelectable, allegedly gay, allegedly crack-using Obama over Hillary Clinton, a clear uniter. Russert knew the gay Obama story was "in play". He hung out with O'Reilly on occasion, and probably Snow too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjPuVJwWg-Q

You have to realize that this is my thread where I am playing pundit for the dark forces of the universe...:p Take it with a grain of salt, or not...whichever is your bent of character.

Inane identity politics. Merely being Catholic is hardly sufficient to render one "republican in spirit," especially since the Catholic church is liberal on everything not related to abortion or sex (immigration, the death penalty, gun control, welfare, etc.). More white Catholics identify as Dems then Reps, and the proportion among non-whites is probably even greater (consisting largely of immigrant South Americans who vote almost universally Democratic). Hell, the most heavily Catholic area of the country -- New England -- votes blue reliably.

Another thing he had in common with the GOP agenda was elevating Obama over Clinton, to affect the nomination of an easily-defeatable democrat in November (see Larry Sinclair story).

Then by your logic almost every black person in America is "republican in spirit." :rolleyes:

Back