The Weird Santeria/Voodoo/Curse of the 2008 Election

Werbung:
How funny, I was just going to say the same thing to you.

Tell me, do you have any input on the Santeria/Voodoo/Curse of the 2008 election?

Any thoughts about how black it seems to be? Particularly amongst the GOP and their agenda of getting Obama to oust Hillary off the nomination?

Why did Tim Russert use his weight to throw a wet blanket on Hillary's obvious burst of momentum in popularity, then died on Friday the 13th while spinning another story?

What was Tony Snow agreeing with on the Bill O'Reilly show when that host indicated he had something (quite obviously on Obama) that would be devastating (would they hesitate for Hillary?..lol..) to his political career...clear back in February...and why did Snow remain silent about it with a little smirk on his face?

And Jesse Helms...well...he was just old I suppose and the natural stress of an election year, particularly one where all the kings horses and men were trying to put Humpty (the GOP's chances at a win in November..downright bleak with Hillary BTW) together again. It probably just pushed him over the edge of oldness.

Just after Ted Kennedy, our favorite died-in-the-wool democrat, announced his support for Obama over Hillary...interestingly right around the time of the O'Reilly/Snow conversation (you know Kennedy is privy to their backroom gossip channels), he is diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor.

And now Bob Novak, a GOP-man who also undoubtedly has chosen silence about the same "in-play" story that would shut the lights out on Obama's campaign; he is forced into retirement from also, a brain tumor.

I don't know if the shutting out Hillary thing is the common thread. But it certainly seems to be true of anyone encountering this level of bad luck in this election.

Like I said, as a pundit for the dark forces of the universe. :rolleyes:

The dark forces of the universe are no laughing matter..!

Time will tell if this is a joke or not, and who the joke is on..:confused: :cool:

OK, I'll summate a little better.

I think Hillary Clinton has a REALLY BIG supporter. And that Big Supporter doesn't look kindly on those trying to sabotage her. Either that or this is one really weird string of coincidences.

Actually, I'm not really sure which one it is. I usually try to keep both feet on the earth while I keep half an eye cocked skyward. ;)

Is defecting to Obama hazardous to your health? :eek:

Our thoughts and prayers are with Congresswoman Stephanie Tubbs Jones..

..According to police, Tubbs Jones went off the road at Lee Road and Monticello Boulevard in Cleveland Heights Tuesday night, due to what appears to be a medical condition.

...Tubbs Jones was one of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's biggest supporters during the primaries, and then threw her support behind Barack Obama in June.

Source: http://www.myfoxcleveland.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=7244676&version=14&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Congresswoman Stephanie Tubbs-Jones (D-OH) is reportedly near death in a Cleveland area hospital after suffering a brain aneurysm. According to news reports she was found unconscious in her car and was rescued by police officers. Official word is that she is undergoing treatment but unofficial word is that her condition is such that she is not expected to recover.~

Source: http://themoderatevoice.com/politics/2008-elections/21925/congresswoman-suffers-brain-aneurysm-recovery-in-doubt/#disqus_thread

Going...both with brain tumors..

Kennedy~ announced support for Obama, a month later diagnosed

Novak (had hand in suppressing Sinclair story "Novak also said he still had no proof that there really is scandalous information about Obama," http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312153,00.html also brain tumor.

Tubbs-Jones (brain aneurysm) : ( (switched allegiance in spite of avid support to Clinton...tipping the scales in a big way pro-Obama a la superdelegates.

Gone...

Russert (prematurely declared Clinton's political obituary to squash gaining momentum for her)

Snow (helped hold back Sinclair story to affect Obama nomination)

Helms (well, he just wanted the GOP to win. Anything goes, including supporting Obama via proxies to drive out the indefeatable Clinton)
The common thread still seems to be supporting Obama as dem nominee, for widely different reasons and agendas, in spite of what's right for america in the big picture. Or perhaps in spite of what their heart was telling them? I think all these people have (had) big hearts, but just misplaced and short-sided goals?

Either that or once again this is just another in a lengthening string of coincidental tragedies..

The day of the GOP convention, the largest and potentially most damaging hurricane in memory is due to hit New Orleans and parts of Texas, Alabama and Mississippi.

It will be clearcutting through the Gulf, the one place that holds the largest potential for offshore oil drilling...which shoots a bazooka through the GOPs biggest planned push for their convention speeches...how "offshore drilling will help get us off foreign oil dependance". Hard to do with yearly rig-wrecking hurricanes pummeling through the area the oil is supposed to be harvested from...

And in pure poetic irony, the very burning of oil and coal...fossil fuels...is the very thing causing such catastrophic weather disturbances to occur with more and more intensity and frequency than ever in the past. Dont' look for that trend to change anytime soon.

As memory serves, geothermal sites and solar sites are located well-away from the threats of severe flooding or hurricane-force winds. Seems to be a practical solution to offshore drilling.

You know, there are a lot of pundits pushing election trends this way and that. But the biggest pundit of all in this race is God itself. It's just a hunch, but I think God cares about what the GOP is doing to the planet It created.

The day of the GOP convention, the largest and potentially most damaging hurricane in memory is due to hit New Orleans and parts of Texas, Alabama and Mississippi.

It will be clearcutting through the Gulf, the one place that holds the largest potential for offshore oil drilling...which shoots a bazooka through the GOPs biggest planned push for their convention speeches...how "offshore drilling will help get us off foreign oil dependance". Hard to do with yearly rig-wrecking hurricanes pummeling through the area the oil is supposed to be harvested from...

And in pure poetic irony, the very burning of oil and coal...fossil fuels...is the very thing causing such catastrophic weather disturbances to occur with more and more intensity and frequency than ever in the past. Dont' look for that trend to change anytime soon.

As memory serves, geothermal sites and solar sites are located well-away from the threats of severe flooding or hurricane-force winds. Seems to be a practical solution to offshore drilling.

You know, there are a lot of pundits pushing election trends this way and that. But the biggest pundit of all in this race is God itself. It's just a hunch, but I think God cares about what the GOP is doing to the planet It created.

When was the last time a Hurricane hit California? Or when was the last time a Hurricane hit Alaska? Never.

Your comments on off-shore drilling do not reflect reality.

Well BigRob, I'll reply just this once here since this thread is about weird 2008 stuff and not about BigOil per se. The mods here have asked us to keep our comments to the topic.

The oceans in the vast majority of areas where offshore would be implemented along the West Coast are very, very rough in the Winter time (swells up to 50' and high winds common during the many increasingly-violent storms there) and riddled with seismic faults that are long overdue for massive rupture and rig-wrecking potential. In several areas along the West Coast, earthquakes ranging from conservative values of 8 to even 9 magnitude are long overdue in their cyclic patterns. No oil rig could survive an 8, much less 9 earthquake. And surviving the yearly Winter mini-hurricane storms would be a constant gamble there.

It's not so simple as you think, your offshore-drilling dreamland. And Californians specifically will lock elbows from San Diego to Crescent City to bar construction of offshore rigs. Sabatoge would also be a constant threat, especially in the Golden State.

So from now on we talk about voodoo stuff. We can take this conversation to the oil thread, which I will copy and do now.

Here's the link to this continued conversation: https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=58467#post58467

Hurricane Ike makes its way towards not only the largest region of offshore drilling, but also refineries all along the Texas & Louisiana coasts.

Bad year to promote offshore drilling, any way you slice it. Don't worry, with continued use of fossil fuels, I'm sure next year's hurricane season will be much lighter.

This just in...

As our elected representatives sweat and haggle about how the common man with his foreclosure notices should stand up and hand rich, irresponsible corporations the very last of the apples in their emergency rations...

Tropical storm "Kyle" brews just off the coast of the Carolinas, Virginia and *drum roll*

Washington DC.

Maybe the power will go out and they'll have to light candles and see how the rest of our country will be living if they pass this colossal, gargantuan, titanic mistake of a gravy-bailout.

I really think those dark clouds and ill winds I saw in today's shot of the Whitehouse are the manifested anger of the entire world for the shortsided and foolhardy antics of the GOP and their second performance of The French Revolution.

Politics aside...there seems to be another force throwing its Voice into the fray.

Hurricane Ike makes its way towards not only the largest region of offshore drilling, but also refineries all along the Texas & Louisiana coasts.

Bad year to promote offshore drilling, any way you slice it. Don't worry, with continued use of fossil fuels, I'm sure next year's hurricane season will be much lighter.

How many oil spills did we have due to the storm? 0

How many hurricanes hit California lately? 0

Relevance of Hurricane Ike on drilling in California? 0

Actually I imagine with several of those oil platforms that disappeared during Hurricane Ike, some oil was spilled into the Gulf.

Do you mean how many oil spills did we have where we could measure it in terms of dead wildlife strewn on the beaches, like the Valdeze affair?

Not sure.

Did they ever find those half-dozen platforms that Ike removed from the Gulf surface? Are they laying at the bottom of the sea oozing their filth in areas we cannot monitor.

Poor shrimp fishers. I hear they're taking quite a blow between global warming floods eutrophying the Delta inlets and then the increase of massive hurricanes...

Werbung:
I'm seeing a theme here. I don't even want to speculate on what's going to happen next. Anyone? Maybe we could take a pool or something..

Here's one: Biden dies mysteriously, Obama grabs Hillary as the Veep replacement, and he ends up on the side of a hill with a suicide note.

Back