The Weird Santeria/Voodoo/Curse of the 2008 Election

Actually I imagine with several of those oil platforms that disappeared during Hurricane Ike, some oil was spilled into the Gulf.

You imagine... or there was a spill? Which is it? No one will deny that some rigs were damaged, but where is ecological disaster you have been predicting?

Do you mean how many oil spills did we have where we could measure it in terms of dead wildlife strewn on the beaches, like the Valdeze affair?

Not sure.

Your argument for why we should not drill offshore in California is because a tanker crashed in to a reef in calm weather in Alaska? No offense, but that is a lame argument.

Did they ever find those half-dozen platforms that Ike removed from the Gulf surface? Are they laying at the bottom of the sea oozing their filth in areas we cannot monitor.

Yes let us prevent drilling offshore because a rig might be leaking somewhere... nevermind that there is no evidence of this. The question here is not whether rig was damaged, it is whether or not it caused an ecological disaster. It did not.

I also say that they can monitor if there is a leak, as they know where these locations are, and the actual area that is pumped can be shut off well below the surface. Therefore, should platform explode, the oil can still be shut off.

Poor shrimp fishers. I hear they're taking quite a blow between global warming floods eutrophying the Delta inlets and then the increase of massive hurricanes...

Werbung:
Not sure why of course, but, God does seem to have a special place in his heart for the Clintons

The right wing character assassins, whose tactics worked so successfully on all other democrats, rolled off Bill like water off a ducks back. The Lord seems to have showered his blessings on America for his full eight year term.

The church, rather than thank God for the blessings, spent eight years vilifying both Bill and Hillary.

Then in 2000, God gave the church exactly what it asked for; George W. Bush. When God chose to crush America, and teach the church a lesson, He certainly picked the perfect tool for the job.

And now in 2008, he again protects Hillary by removing her from the race. She should get down on her knees and thank God for that blessing.

The next president will preside over the end of America.

Or maybe the Mississippi squiral didn't really speak the Wrath of God. It just looked like it.

Careful BigRob. You're argument is falling on deaf ears. This thread is about chronicalling weird events in the 2008 election that teeter on the edge (for some) of santeria, voodoo, witchery, devine intervention, or whatever you want to call the supernatural.

If you're not careful, you may be visited by a supernatural event of your own. Unless of course you staunchly deny that any of this exists.

In that case, carry on!
:rolleyes:

Careful BigRob. You're argument is falling on deaf ears. This thread is about chronicalling weird events in the 2008 election that teeter on the edge (for some) of santeria, voodoo, witchery, devine intervention, or whatever you want to call the supernatural.

If you're not careful, you may be visited by a supernatural event of your own. Unless of course you staunchly deny that any of this exists.

In that case, carry on!
:rolleyes:

I'll take that as an inability to respond.

I'm willing to temp fate. ;)

Werbung:
You take it the wrong way. Address your questions about concrete issues elsewhere.

MIAMI (Reuters) - Tropical Storm Kyle strengthened into a hurricane off the east coast of the United States on Saturday as it churned on a path toward Maine and Canada's Maritime provinces, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.

Kyle, which developed as a tropical storm Thursday, had top sustained winds near 75 mph and was forecast to make landfall near the Maine-New Brunswick border early on Monday.

Kyle was a minimal Category 1 hurricane on the five-step hurricane intensity scale and some additional strengthening was possible, the Miami-based hurricane center said.
Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE48Q3AB20080927

Looks like DC will just get a vicious spanking while closed-session (just like with The French Revolution) hearings are going on about the fate of the United States Of America.

Might I suggest that even if it is just a coincidence, that Congress treat this confluence and timing as a message from the supernatural?

Couldn't hurt to be reminded that all of us could lose everything in the blink of an eye a la Galveston. Even fatcats aren't immune to the mighty hand of God.

Back