The Worst President in History?

That's a load of crap. Harding? I'd probably put him in my top half. Buchanan belongs there, but in my opinion, Johnson was the worst president in this country's history.

Johnson was near the bottom too (I don't think anyone likes him, which is well-deserved). However, Harding himself stated that he should never have been President. His presidency was marked by some of if not the most extreme corruption in the history of our government - and it was there largely because Harding himself was too much of a dunce to realize something was wrong with the people he'd appointed to the government.

Grant and Harding share so many similarities it's uncanny. Only difference is that Grant was a soldier and Harding...well, Harding wasn't.

Werbung:
That's a load of crap. Harding? I'd probably put him in my top half. Buchanan belongs there, but in my opinion, Johnson was the worst president in this country's history.

But Johnson wouldn't have been able to do what he did without Lincoln's authoritarian assaults against the Constitution.

Again, if you want to rank by precedence, I might have to change my vote for Lincoln as the worst President instead of Wilson, because Lincoln's temporary Income Tax, greenbacks, and other usurpations laid the groundwork for Wilson's permanent changes.

The peanut farmer was the most incompetent Prez in US History. During his adminstration:
1. The unempoyment rate exceeded 10%.
2. The inflation rate excedded 10%
3. Home mortgage interest rates exceeded 16%
(Carter is the only Prez in history to score a triple double)
4. He pledged to cut the bureaucracy and instead added to it. (Was this a lie)?
5. He gutted the military and intelligence.
6. He increased the deficit (But so has every Prez since)
7. He was percieved as a pansy ass militarily. (Remember the US embassy hostages were held for 444 days and they were released 20 minutes after Reagan took the oath of office)
8. He started a new cabinet position, the Department of Education, which has furthered the federal interference in public schools and hastened their deterioration.
Anyone remember the "Misery Index"?
Anyone remember that Billy Carter was a registered agent for Libya while bro was in the oval office?
Anyone remember this phrase "Keep the canal. Give away Carter"?
The most dangerous Prez in US history was LBJ. During his admin:
1. Our currency was removed from the gold standard.
2. Social Security was gutted to pay for Vietnam and the "great" society.
3. A dangerous precedent was established of having politicos run a war. (Anyone remember Robert McNamara)?
4. The "Great" Society began, which has been a dismal and utter failure and still bleeds the economy after 40 years.
5. LBJ ran the printing presses day and night which laid the groundwork for future inflation.
6. LBJ needed even more money so he decided to sell some Fed buildings and not build new ones. We are still paying on leases 40 years after this bone headed decision.
7. LBJ was elected with 61% of the popluar vote in 1964. By 1967 he was so unpopular, he decided not to run in 1968.
8. LBJ was so hated in his own party that he had to solicit help from the Republicans to pass the Civil Rights act.
9. LBJ removed all valuable metal content from our coinage.
The biggest sex pervert in the history of US Prez's was ..... (do I even need to fill in this blank)?
The worst Prez on border security is GWB.
The closest we have had to a king as Prez was FDR. He issued over 4000 executive orders. (Modern prez's average maybe 300)
The worst Prez for selling pardons to criminals was ..... (no need to fill in this one, either)
Probably the best Prez's in history are both long gone:
George Washington could have been crowned king and chose to step away.
Abraham Lincoln held the Union together during it's darkest hours and managed to abolish one of the last holdovers from European colonialism (slavery).
Shiftiest looking Prez: Has to be Richard Milhouse with that day old growth. Even today when a day old growth is cool, he would still look shifty.
Biggest liar in the oval office ..... Slick again.

Interesting analysis, but most of these guys couldn't have done their damage without precedent being set by Lincoln, Wilson and FDR.

And I think we finally came off the gold standard and went to pure fiat currency under Nixon in 1971.

Of course, that's still not as bad as the private gold confiscation under the thief FDR.

And Carter increased both the deficit and the debt. Yes, as you said, most Presidents have, but some, such as Jefferson actually reduced the national debt and left the country in better shape financially when they left office.

I don’t want to jump on the band-wagon, but I would have to say George W. Bush. Although Because I have only gained my political views since the beginning his presidency back in 2000 I believe he is the worst when compared to our other presidents. But perhaps I am just a naive idiot!

Runner up: Nixon!

I don’t want to jump on the band-wagon, but I would have to say George W. Bush. Although Because I have only gained my political views since the beginning his presidency back in 2000 I believe he is the worst when compared to our other presidents. But perhaps I am just a naive idiot!

Runner up: Nixon!

GW's certainly been a less than stellar president. Few people these days will defend him. Liberals for the most obvious of reasons and conservatives because of his rather blatantly anti-conservative policies (especially economically).

The worst president in our history? No. Not when compared with the likes of Andrew Johnson or Jimmy Carter.

Werbung:
George Bush. First for starting a war for oil and to enrich the already rich. Second for thinking you can fight a tactic. Thrid for making enemies of our firiends. But primarily, for overturning our Constitution.

Back