Theresa May attacks 'ridiculous' National Trust over 'airbrushing' of Easter - now event is quietly

The Scotsman

Theresa May attacks 'ridiculous' National Trust over 'airbrushing' of Easter - now event is quietly rebranded

Theresa May has hit out at the National Trust for dropping "Easter" from its egg hunt, describing the decision as "absolutely ridiculous".

The Prime Minister said Easter was "very important" to her and that she didn't know what the organisation "are thinking".

It comes as the National Trust Twitter was bombarded with messages on social media from disgruntled members asking how to cancel their membership.

Now the Trust has admitted fault by quietly editing the heading of its webpage for the egg hunt to include the word "Easter".

What is it with people nowadays!!?? Are we so afraid to speak..... Morons....anyway sod the lot of them... I have an EASTER holiday not a friggin chocolate holiday.

Werbung:
forgive my ignorance but is "happy holidays" a euphemism for Christmas?
It is virtually required by law.
Halloween is Fall Festival.
Easter isn't mentioned.
And better not have a cross anywhere in sight.
If we had catacombs Christians would be meeting in them.
And people are ready to scrap tax free status for charities just to stick it to churches.

Even here In Australia we can not mention Easter in egg hunts etc. What are they celebrating?

Sucs really. Why do the politically correct brigade get the heeby jeebies over such mundane festivals as Easter or Christmas - is it such a breach of ethical or cultural etiquette??
Ramadan it seems is perfectly aceptable no one dares say it should be remaned to Goat Slaying Festival or Dietary Impairment Month?

Anyway back to reality.... what's everyone doing for the celebration of the Spring Fertility Festival?

Sucs really. Why do the politically correct brigade get the heeby jeebies over such mundane festivals as Easter or Christmas - is it such a breach of ethical or cultural etiquette??
Ramadan it seems is perfectly aceptable no one dares say it should be remaned to Goat Slaying Festival or Dietary Impairment Month?

Anyway back to reality.... what's everyone doing for the celebration of the Spring Fertility Festival?
I thought I'd sleep.
Have to play nice with muslims or they kill you. It's their dogma.

Have to play nice with muslims
:) yeah... trouble is its not a problem for the muslim community... at least not in the UK anyway, they cannot even understand why the PC brigade wants to airbrush out the names of these festivities! It seems to be just a hang-up with all those liberal assholes that have this warped ideal of what they think is wrong rather than what is actually offensive or groups being discriminated against.

:) yeah... trouble is its not a problem for the muslim community... at least not in the UK anyway, they cannot even understand why the PC brigade wants to airbrush out the names of these festivities! It seems to be just a hang-up with all those liberal assholes that have this warped ideal of what they think is wrong rather than what is actually offensive or groups being discriminated against.
The average Mohamad I'm sure doesn't care. Unfortunately the jihadis look for any excuse. And the PC crowd are just silly.

THe problem is that in Australia and Britain church attendance is very low from 10 to 15 % a month. It is much higher in the USA. But in all countries religion is airbrushed. The meaning of hot cross buns, and Easter eggs is distorted. That why I contributed some photos of our church service. While my denomination miht celebrated differently to you we know what Palm Sunday represents.

Attachments

• Palm Sunday Blessing of palms 2017.JPG
    Palm Sunday Blessing of palms 2017.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 3
Sotsman, the situation might be a little better if you take account of Catholic schools which are not called Sunday Schools. In Australia over 20 % of children go to Church run schools. This is partly because they are subsidise by the Federal Government and claim to offer a better education..

Werbung:
Sotsman, the situation might be a little better if you take account of Catholic schools which are not called Sunday Schools. In Australia over 20 % of children go to Church run schools. This is partly because they are subsidise by the Federal Government and claim to offer a better education..
yeah we have a lot of faith schools too - I guess that's what they're called? there's some RC or CofE schools but its really more of a traditional thing - they're all roled into the local authority education system now and any vestigial remnant of "faith" has been lost.... well sort of lost. I suppose its people like me that should shoulder the blame really! I'm not a religious person so its' kinda lost on me, but saying that I like roaming round the old churches as they're a great storehouse of local history, however, they are falling into disrepair because nobody goes to actually worship there - I love taking pictures of them and always leave a couple of quid in the collection boxes at the door but unfortunately have no reason to go to the services there as... I don't know its a bit hypocritical I guess.

Here's a couple of shots of our local church..

upload_2017-4-11_15-14-58.jpeg upload_2017-4-11_15-16-43.jpeg

Back