They missed their off ramp, but how?

PLC1

Staff member
Maybe the exit sign was faded or something....

Pilots missed Twin Cities by 150 miles

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Were the pilots distracted? Catching up on their sleep? Federal investigators struggled to determine what the crew members of a Northwest Airlines jetliner were doing at 37,000 feet as they sped 150 miles past their Minneapolis destination and military jets readied to chase them. Unfortunately, the cockpit voice recorder may not tell the tale.

A report released late Friday said the pilots passed breathalyzer tests and were apologetic after Wednesday night's amazing odyssey. They said they had been having a heated discussion about airline policy. But aviation safety experts and other pilots were frankly skeptical they could have become so consumed with shoptalk that they forgot to land an airplane carrying 144 passengers.

Werbung:
welcome to my old hometown airline...Delta buys them and a year later this is what we get :) of course I always hated NorthWest , they have a monopoly here and keep priced very high ( for example you can buy 2 one way tickets one there and one back, out of Atlanta...for less then a round trip from here to Atlanta threw the same airports.

But its funny, they claim there where distracted by a heated Debate about airline policy...but failed to notice all warnings by instrument, and the airport ( 4 fighter jets where ready to intercept if needed already) seems the most likely thing is, they fell asleep.

Yes thats the only thing it could be really! (Cant planes fly themselves on autopilot?)

welcome to my old hometown airline...Delta buys them and a year later this is what we get :) of course I always hated NorthWest , they have a monopoly here and keep priced very high ( for example you can buy 2 one way tickets one there and one back, out of Atlanta...for less then a round trip from here to Atlanta threw the same airports.

But its funny, they claim there where distracted by a heated Debate about airline policy...but failed to notice all warnings by instrument, and the airport ( 4 fighter jets where ready to intercept if needed already) seems the most likely thing is, they fell asleep.

Add to that list the repeated attempts of the Call Tower Staff calling them...the stewardess tapping on their door, while another one paged into the cabin and a couple of other pilots finally reaching them on another frequency...WTH
I hope that they have to reimburse the airline for the fuel/extra man hours for all of the flight crew and a hand written letter of apology to each and every person on that flight, plus a couple of weeks on unpaid R & R just for future teachable moments!!! :mad:

Werbung:
Back