Things LEFTIST Say .....

Texas_tea

Quote of the day by Dianne Feinstein

Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."Yep, she really said it on Thursday, 7/25/13, in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Werbung:
Quote of the day by Dianne Feinstein

Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."Yep, she really said it on Thursday, 7/25/13, in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Snopes says this is false.

Keep looking, you'll no doubt find some silly things that Democrats have said. This isn't one of them, however.

Snopes says this is false.

Keep looking, you'll no doubt find some silly things that Democrats have said. This isn't one of them, however.
Snopes does not have the best reputation for being accurate or non-bias. I can not find anywhere else where it is suggested that Feinstein did not say this. However, there a literally hundreds of sites saying she did.

Perhaps you know of better site?

Snopes does not have the best reputation for being accurate or non-bias. I can not find anywhere else where it is suggested that Feinstein did not say this. However, there a literally hundreds of sites saying she did.

Perhaps you know of better site?

I've never known Snopes to be inaccurate, but let's see:

Feinstein's actual words:

If I understand this, this adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military.

The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.

So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to-- if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon.

The above was in response to a proposal to exempt ex military from an assault weapons ban. I'm not sure just how she was able to conclude that PTSD was something new, or t hat there needed to be an assault weapons ban in the first place, but she didn't saythat all military were crazy (or words to that effect).

According to your own reference:

"Feinstein says a veteran may be mentally ill and should be prevented from purchasing firearms."

Now, agreeable, here she is referring to "a" veteran and not all veterans. But, her bill will deny all veterans. For what ever reason .... the out come is the same!

According to your own reference:

"Feinstein says a veteran may be mentally ill and should be prevented from purchasing firearms."

Now, agreeable, here she is referring to "a" veteran and not all veterans. But, her bill will deny all veterans. For what ever reason .... the out come is the same!

It's not her bill, or any bill, but a suggested exemption to a bill.

Now, you can talk about how a ban on "assault weapons" is not constitutional, how it's not a good idea, and so on, and I won't dispute it.
But, the issue was whether veterans and ex police should be given an exemption to the ban, and Feinstien said t hat they may have PTSD and so such an exemption is not a good idea.

From that, we get an internet rumor saying that she says all veterans are mentally ill.

It's not her bill, or any bill, but a suggested exemption to a bill.

Now, you can talk about how a ban on "assault weapons" is not constitutional, how it's not a good idea, and so on, and I won't dispute it.
But, the issue was whether veterans and ex police should be given an exemption to the ban, and Feinstien said t hat they may have PTSD and so such an exemption is not a good idea.

From that, we get an internet rumor saying that she says all veterans are mentally ill.
Again ..... she included all veterans and not just ones diagnosed with mental issues.

And, it wasn't just an internet rumor. Even the liberal LA Times chimed in on this one.

Sometimes even the L.A. Times gets it right . . .

But, regardless ...... we all know how Feinstein feels about the 2nd Amendment.

e77d0664571aa0f5069b26fa674411d3.jpg

Again ..... she included all veterans and not just ones diagnosed with mental issues.

And, it wasn't just an internet rumor. Even the liberal LA Times chimed in on this one.
Sometimes even the L.A. Times gets it right . . .

But, regardless ...... we all know how Feinstein feels about the 2nd Amendment.

View attachment 500

Yes, we know how Feinstien feels about the second amendment, and we know how you feel about Feinstien and about Democrats in general. This time, you have forwarded what amounts to an internet rumor. Now, I'm positive that you can come up with stupid thing s that Democrats have actually said.

I'm equally sure that Republicans have said some stupid things as well.

Maybe we could get a dumb quote contest going and see whether the Republicans or the Democrats can come up with the most.

Here's one from a Democrat:

4. “Outside of the killings, DC has one of the lowest crime rates in the country.”
-

Former mayor of Washington, D.C. Marion Barry, March 24th, 1989, National Press Club speech

and, one from a Republican:

1. “Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”

President George W. Bush, August 5th, 2004

Funny stuff there PLC1 ...

I will have to disagree on the Feinstein quote being an internet rumor. False it may be, however, considering the amount of coverage it received from numerous sites including MSM sites .... I would consider it to be bad reporting over a rumor or even an urban legend. Lots of those out there today.

However, I started this thread with the intention of quoting not necessarily stupid or dumb things politicians say but, more along the lines of anti-American, anti-Freedom and Liberties.

Snopes was famously shown to be wrong on more than a few occasions several years ago. Have not kept up with them since. They msy have gotten back on track.

Read the Chilling Note Sent to Gov. Scott Walker’s Wife

It’s no secret that Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is intensely disliked by organized labor and Democrats.

The letter was addressed to Walker’s wife, Tonette. It read:

Has Wisconsin ever had a governor assassinated? Scotts heading that way. Or maybe one of your sons getting killed would hurt him more. I want him to feel the pain. I already follow them when they went to school in Wauwatosa, so it won’t be too hard to find them in Mad. Town. Big change from that house by [BLANK] Ave. to what you got now. Just let him know that it’s not right to [EXPLETIVE] over all those people. Or maybe I could find one of the Tarantinos [Tonette’s parents] back here.

Werbung:
Read the Chilling Note Sent to Gov. Scott Walker’s Wife

It’s no secret that Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is intensely disliked by organized labor and Democrats.

The letter was addressed to Walker’s wife, Tonette. It read:

Has Wisconsin ever had a governor assassinated? Scotts heading that way. Or maybe one of your sons getting killed would hurt him more. I want him to feel the pain. I already follow them when they went to school in Wauwatosa, so it won’t be too hard to find them in Mad. Town. Big change from that house by [BLANK] Ave. to what you got now. Just let him know that it’s not right to [EXPLETIVE] over all those people. Or maybe I could find one of the Tarantinos [Tonette’s parents] back here.

That's not politics, not even nasty politics. That's criminal stalking and threatening.

Back