Things that are younger than John McCain

I can agree with what you said except for when Obama said to get the Arabic speaking translators out of Iraq and into Afghanistan. He said foreign policy/ affairs is where he feels the strongest, and knows the most. He should have known something as simple as the language spoken there.

So if I agree with you on what McCain said the same should apply to Obama on the translator issue? Though of course not the great lakes and 57 states issue, those were just funny and silly.

i didn't know about the translator thing (which obama corrected himself on shortly after). i'll admit that it was relevant, but i still think mccain's multiple mixups of sunni and shiite (and having to be corrected by joe lieberman) was slightly worse. sunni vs. shiite has a direct implication on two continuing wars and the overall threat posed by terrorist organizations... arabic vs. farsi is procedural.

Werbung:
i didn't know about the translator thing (which obama corrected himself on shortly after). i'll admit that it was relevant, but i still think mccain's multiple mixups of sunni and shiite (and having to be corrected by joe lieberman) was slightly worse. sunni vs. shiite has a direct implication on two continuing wars and the overall threat posed by terrorist organizations... arabic vs. farsi is procedural.

Just you admitting it was relevant makes all the difference. You sir are the very first person I have talked to who supports Obama who has said anything even near close to a criticism of him. I commend you. And I can accept that McCain’s was worse.

It may seem stupid but it really makes me happy just hearing one person be realistic where Obama is concerned.

Thank you !

i mean, i like the guy enough to defend him on a messageboard, but i know nobody's perfect. he just happens to be someone i can vote for and not feel like i'm picking him because he's only 'less evil.'

That was very funny! I had not seen it. I really do spend all of my time reading or watching stuff on Obama, I don’t have any time left to follow the other candidates around.

OK….two things I thought of after watching this.

1. The constant attacks on FOX news because they are so right wing exc. Do you not notice how left, maybe left of left that MSNBC is, and especially Keith Olbermann.

2. Why is McCain’s comments worthy of a thread but when Obama said equally stupid things it’s defendable?

"It is wonderful to be back in Oregon," Obama said. "Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it." 57 STATES!!!!

Thinking the Great Lakes are in Oregon, I live in Oregon. We do not have the great lakes!

Obama wanted to get the Arabic translators out of Iraq and into Afghanistan where they don’t speak Arabic.

Knowing how many states there are , something I think we all know he does know but misspoke....vs Knowing who is training who , where funding is coming from, and who the groups are in Iraq and there goals and Religions background are all real issues that have major impacts on US Policy. I can say 100% that I know Obama knows how many states there are. Given the amount of times McCain has mixed up Sunni and Shia, and now Al Quida in Iran...its enough to make me pause at least, even knowing he has a very good background on Military and Foreign affairs.

I fundamental understanding of the Sunni and Shia Background, and its Supporters is a major issue for me in a leader. I would never claim to be a expert , but I would hope that anyone going for President, should know it better then I do. Even if I can honestly say I know it better then 95%+ of all the people I Know.

A basic Understanding of this would have most likely stopped, or changed dramatically how Iraq went from the very start. Almost nothing that has happened there, was anything that could not have been expected, in fact most was Predicted buy many, including myself.

Just you admitting it was relevant makes all the difference. You sir are the very first person I have talked to who supports Obama who has said anything even near close to a criticism of him. I commend you. And I can accept that McCain’s was worse.

It may seem stupid but it really makes me happy just hearing one person be realistic where Obama is concerned.

Thank you !

I guess that only becuse I don't consider myself a "supporter" at this point, even though he is about 90% to get my vote. But there are reasons I have supported others threw the Dem Primary, and one who was not a Dem ( or Rep) but have yet to throw full support to Obama

:D
[CO]Funny you mention arrows in a quiver. Because that's exactly what it will look like when Grampy McBush has to debate against a Barack Obama LIVE!

McCain will look like the proverbial guy that brought a knife to a gun fight. Watch and see if I'm not right. [/COLOR]
;)

Obama will be crushed. When he has to face more than cream puff interviews by lib interviewers and offer cliches to screaming Koolaid Kult Kids, he'll think he has run into a brick wall!! :D

yes, they are all funny. the difference is, obama's was harmless, mccain's was potentially disastrous,
i present, you decide.

Yeah - Obama doesn't know who he's talking to is harmless - maybe he'll surrender to Lithuania instead of alqaeda? :D

There wasn't "multiple" times - it's clear now you are a propagandist liar - who's paying you?

I guess that only becuse I don't consider myself a "supporter" at this point, even though he is about 90% to get my vote. But there are reasons I have supported others threw the Dem Primary, and one who was not a Dem ( or Rep) but have yet to throw full support to Obama

Look you've got a clear choice...a young man bringing change and new ideas in Obama or a very old man (riddled with cancer) with the same old ideas that have done us such a disservice these past 7 plus years in McBush.

Knowing how many states there are , something I think we all know he does know but misspoke....vs Knowing who is training who , where funding is coming from, and who the groups are in Iraq and there goals and Religions background are all real issues that have major impacts on US Policy. I can say 100% that I know Obama knows how many states there are. Given the amount of times McCain has mixed up Sunni and Shia, and now Al Quida in Iran...its enough to make me pause at least, even knowing he has a very good background on Military and Foreign affairs.

He did it once. Quit spreading disinformation.

Look you've got a clear choice...a young man bringing change and new ideas in Obama or a very old man (riddled with cancer) with the same old ideas that have done us such a disservice these past 7 plus years in McBush.

McCain's health report says he is cancer free - is simple baldface lying your new strategy?

McCain's health report says he is cancer free - is simple baldface lying your new strategy?

...said it once:

you keep claiming that mccain is in perfect health and anyone who claims his cancer will likely recur knows nothing about medicine. i think that's you, dude. having one skin cancer makes you over three times more likely to get another-- he's had at least three, so he's about ten times more likely than another 72-year-old man with a history of extensive sun exposure to get cancer (again). given that melanomas in the face and upper torso can relatively easily metastasize to the lymph nodes, it is a totally reasonable concern. that said, he would be the president and would be receiving the best medical care in the world, so i wouldn't say i expect it to happen, but it's not as outlandish as you claim.

WE ALL SAW THE NEWS. yes, mccain is cancer-free now, he is also almost guaranteed to get it again. it has nothing to do with mccain, it has to do with the NATURE OF CANCER. yet you dismiss anyone who says that as "knowing nothing." is simple bald face lying your new new strategy?

You're correct... Oh, and it was on the News last night about McCain's medical records and I want to go on record and say... I was wrong that McCain has had 3 bouts with cancer.

He has not had 3 bouts with cancer. They reported that he had had 4 cancers to his face & head (not 3) and 1 I'd never even heard about on his leg.

Hey... that's the way I roll. When I'm wrong and new evidence comes to light I freely admit it!
:)

McCain had surgery for intermediate melanoma in 2000. Lets go back to the quote from Dr. Stuart Lessin, director of the melanoma risk-assessment program at Philadelphia's Fox Chase Cancer Center:

"The 10-year survival rate for that intermediate melanoma is 65 percent, He's not cured"

While not being directly involved in McCain's care, Dr. Lessin, unlike you, is an authority in the field.

Werbung:
McCain had surgery for intermediate melanoma in 2000. Lets go back to the quote from Dr. Stuart Lessin, director of the melanoma risk-assessment program at Philadelphia's Fox Chase Cancer Center:

While not being directly involved in McCain's care, Dr. Lessin, unlike you, is an authority in the field.

it doesn't matter what you post, libsmasher knows more than everyone about everything.

Back