This is almost as, if not more, scarier than Islamic Fundamentalism.

i think you are on to something, and actually in some cases i agree. for instance, perhaps social services should step in in some extreme cases... or maybe thats TOO drastic?

Werbung:
This to me relates back to just how much of a role government should play in value adjustment via education. I'm of the mind that it needs a more active role (Aust. PM John Howard suggested the same in a more specific context- controversially advocating for regulation of the teaching of values in schools as part of the public versus private schooling debate). However, the caveat is knowing in what way some values can be supported. Just as it is presumptuous for people to know that God is on their side, so too is it presumptuous for me to think that I know what is best for the people. The democracy machine in its current state seems to only hinder social progress, however.

Why not just send kids to regular old summer camp? They'll probably get to do the same kinds of things (canoeing, swimming, hiking, doing little arts and crafts things). Forget the whole Jesus mania, I think the most disturbing thing about that trailer was that kid's rat tail haircut. I mean, he practically has a full-blown mullet at that age! Sorry, but I refuse to be scared of people who sport that hideous haircut, regardless of their ideology.

I saw this film and walked away thinking that if camps like that one become successful, we can just withdraw our troops in the Middle East and send these kids over to have a holy war.

I think brainwashing should be a felony.

i agree with this. i think that if someone wants to believe like this, fine, but they should have to have a way to prove it. i mean, you should sit down with these kids and talk to them, bring up different points of view, see how they react. if a kid can actually prove that this is the way he feels for real reasons, then so be it. i hate the idea of brainwashing kids. its awful.

Ironically, (as seen in the video) the current President of National Association of Evangelicals, has admitted to having gay sex, and taking mind altering substances.

i have not seen it - but do the people in the video know what kind of film it is, or do they think that they are really being uplifted, showing off their life - because from what i can tell it is kind of a documentary made to make you think about things, and to terrify people about this religion/war/etc. How do the people in the film feel about it?

Werbung:
It's a pro-religion film as far as I can tell. It's a 'sneak-peak' about the Evangelical uprising in this country.

Back