This is the thread I promised.

Would you trade your system of medical care for one similar to that in the USA?

• probably, if I could.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Probably not, even if I could.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Definitely not

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

PLC1

Staff member
OK, here is the thread I promised. The poll is for members who live in nations that have universal medical care only, not for Americans. Please post your reasons, so that we can see just who is really responding.

I posted a similar thread on another forum, and got no positive responses at all. If we get a majority of positive responses, from non American citizens that is (no cheating!) then I'll concede that universal care is not a good idea.

Werbung:
I love your thread. Perhaps if no one is willing to answer then you might post it in a forum that is viewed more in other countries than it is in this one. They might even be less apt to view the question as a trap - albeit a very clever one. Then you could show us the results.

But if no one responds then perhaps I might post some statistics.

Hmmm how could someone who has never been to America other than maybe a visit know what our health care is like?

All they know is what libs say and thats all distorted and what the media says and they are retards from the start.

so unless they spent a few months here, or had a family member here who actually had a job or was on welfair (both of those groups are usually covered) how could they have a serious opinion?

Hmmm how could someone who has never been to America other than maybe a visit know what our health care is like?

All they know is what libs say and thats all distorted and what the media says and they are retards from the start.

so unless they spent a few months here, or had a family member here who actually had a job or was on welfair (both of those groups are usually covered) how could they have a serious opinion?
And yet millions of people choose to move here, sometimes at great risk, with little thought to any concern about our health care system. Could it be that living in the states with any type of health care system is better than living in many other places with any type of health care system? Could part of the reason that the states are so attractive is because of the capitalistic nature of our country and the benefits it brings?

Werbung:
And yet millions of people choose to move here, sometimes at great risk, with little thought to any concern about our health care system. Could it be that living in the states with any type of health care system is better than living in many other places with any type of health care system? Could part of the reason that the states are so attractive is because of the capitalistic nature of our country and the benefits it brings?

I'm sure that the capitalistic nature, and the prosperity it brings, is the magnet that brings many people to this country. Our Constitution, with its freedoms, is most likely an even bigger reason why people come here.

They come from Mexico, from India, from Africa and Latin America. They come from Asia, at least the parts that don't enjoy our freedom and our prosperity.

Not so many come from the fat lands of the world where people enjoy prosperity and freedom also. A few, to be sure, come from Canada or Western Europe, but not nearly as many as from nations that don't have what we have.

Of course, a lot of people in third world nations have no health care at all, so it's doubtful that our system is going to either attract or deter many of them.

Back