Those wily Kenyans

bododie

Kenyan renews Chelsea goat offer

The offer of 40 goats and 20 cows is generous in Kenyan terms
A Kenyan man has told the BBC how happy he is that US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has agreed to renew his marriage offer to her daughter.

In 2000, Godwin Kipkemoi Chepkurgor wrote to Mrs Clinton's husband Bill, then US president, offering 40 goats and 20 cows for Chelsea Clinton's hand.

In Kenya on the first leg of her African tour, Mrs Clinton was informed by a journalist of the proposal.

"My daughter is her own person. I will convey this very kind offer," she said.

If Ms Clinton, 29, accepted she would become Mr Chepkurgor's second wife, as he has married since his initial proposal.

If Ms Clinton accepted the offer, she would be Mr Chepkurgor's second wife
Mr Chepkurgor, 40, a councillor in Nakuru in Kenya's Rift Valley, said his first wife knew about the renewal of his affections and "did not object".

The BBC's Muliro Telewa in Nakuru says the offer of 40 goats and 20 cows for the bride price is very generous in Kenyan terms.

"I feel very good for her [Mrs Clinton] to have answered - almost in the affirmative," Mr Chepkurgor told the BBC's Network Africa programme.

"She promised that she will take the proposal to the daughter and I am now waiting," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8190292.stm

Bill and Hillary should jump on this. I don't think they'll get a better offer.

Werbung:
Kenyan renews Chelsea goat offer

The offer of 40 goats and 20 cows is generous in Kenyan terms
A Kenyan man has told the BBC how happy he is that US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has agreed to renew his marriage offer to her daughter.

In 2000, Godwin Kipkemoi Chepkurgor wrote to Mrs Clinton's husband Bill, then US president, offering 40 goats and 20 cows for Chelsea Clinton's hand.

In Kenya on the first leg of her African tour, Mrs Clinton was informed by a journalist of the proposal.

"My daughter is her own person. I will convey this very kind offer," she said.

If Ms Clinton, 29, accepted she would become Mr Chepkurgor's second wife, as he has married since his initial proposal.

If Ms Clinton accepted the offer, she would be Mr Chepkurgor's second wife
Mr Chepkurgor, 40, a councillor in Nakuru in Kenya's Rift Valley, said his first wife knew about the renewal of his affections and "did not object".

The BBC's Muliro Telewa in Nakuru says the offer of 40 goats and 20 cows for the bride price is very generous in Kenyan terms.

"I feel very good for her [Mrs Clinton] to have answered - almost in the affirmative," Mr Chepkurgor told the BBC's Network Africa programme.

"She promised that she will take the proposal to the daughter and I am now waiting," he said.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8190292.stm

Bill and Hillary should jump on this. I don't think they'll get a better offer.

I wonder why the news person brought the daughter into it? Two fem news reporters were on hillary this week too, saying she looked fat and felt jet lagged and thats why she snapped that day. I wonder if they are out to get her.

One thing is for sure, if the clinton daughter went to kenya and got married then had kids she would not have to worry about the old style rules here and her kid would indeed be able to run for and become president :)

One thing is for sure, if the clinton daughter went to kenya and got married then had kids she would not have to worry about the old style rules here and her kid would indeed be able to run for and become president :)

Please explain this further. Are you saying that this has occurred at some point in the US recently in such a manner that precedence has been set?

You're still not explaining. I don't want to jump to the conclusion without your confirmation that you actual put any water into any of that nonsense Obama not being a citizen trash.

I think that is nice of you to try and not jump to conclusions, thank you.

What you are wanting to know is if I am a "birther", right?

Hmm.. I dont know how to answer that, it depends on what you think a "birther" is.

If you think its someone who really thinks he was born in Kenya or some other place outside the United States then no.

If you think its someone who really just does not know because there just is no proof one way or the other so they dont know, then yeah I guess I am.

We have seen a copy of a short version of a certificate of live birth, not a birth certificate that is said to have Photo Shop watermarkings.

All his records from kindergarten to college are sealed. (no president since before Kennedy has not shown all this stuff.)

He gave two different hospitals that he was born

He has paid a great deal of money to attorneys to have all the cases about his birth certificate thrown out of court.

so, I dont know. It really doesnt matter though does it. He is the president and nothing is going to change that so its not worth fighting over since no one can proof he is or isnt... without any way for either side to win, why fight over it?

Werbung:
I think that is nice of you to try and not jump to conclusions, thank you.

What you are wanting to know is if I am a "birther", right?

Hmm.. I dont know how to answer that, it depends on what you think a "birther" is.

If you think its someone who really thinks he was born in Kenya or some other place outside the United States then no.

If you think its someone who really just does not know because there just is no proof one way or the other so they dont know, then yeah I guess I am.

We have seen a copy of a short version of a certificate of live birth, not a birth certificate that is said to have Photo Shop watermarkings.

All his records from kindergarten to college are sealed. (no president since before Kennedy has not shown all this stuff.)

He gave two different hospitals that he was born

He has paid a great deal of money to attorneys to have all the cases about his birth certificate thrown out of court.

so, I dont know. It really doesnt matter though does it. He is the president and nothing is going to change that so its not worth fighting over since no one can proof he is or isnt... without any way for either side to win, why fight over it?

*sigh*

Back