Threads Merged: Obama Nobel Prize

AtheismIsReality

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE5981JK20091009

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

U.S. President Barack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for giving the world "hope for a better future" with his work for peace and calls to reduce the global stockpile of nuclear weapons.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee praised Obama for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

The first African-American to hold his country's highest office, Obama has called for disarmament and worked to restart the stalled Middle East peace process since taking office in January.

"Very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future," the committee said in a citation.

It awarded the prize to Obama less than nine months into his presidency. Despite setting out an ambitious international agenda, he has yet to score any breakthrough on the Middle East or Iran's nuclear program, and faces difficult choices on the conduct of the war in Afghanistan.

Last month Obama chaired a historic meeting of the United Nations Security Council, which unanimously approved a U.S.-drafted resolution calling on nuclear weapons states to scrap their arsenals.

Obama is the third senior U.S. Democrat to win the prize this decade after former Vice President Al Gore won in 2007 along with the U.N. climate panel and Jimmy Carter in 2002.

The prize worth 10 million Swedish crowns ($1.4 million) will be handed over in Oslo on December 10.

Werbung:
President Obama Nobel Peace Prize

President Obama wins the 2009 NOBEL PEACE PRIZE. It all started when the world heard this good man's message of change.

Today ALL Americans should be very proud of their President Barack Obama.

Re: Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

Well deserved!!!!

Let the flames begin!!!
The Nobel Committee never seems to get it wrong....

cf1ae679901e44dc70a2471dc89e1ca9.jpg

"Jebber <sniff><sniff>...we were gonna be the next Kennedys!! What happened??!!!!"

You guys are kidding right?

I'm not anti Obama, but I have to ask myself; what did he do to earn this award? Not only has he done nothing significant to improve the potential for world peace, but he was nominated only 12 days into his term. So, he was nominated on his potential?

On the issue of the money, I believe that the $1M prize should go right into the Federal coffer since he is a public servant and he won the award while working for the citizens of the United States.

I'm not anti Obama, but I have to ask myself; what did he do to earn this award? Not only has he done nothing significant to improve the potential for world peace, but he was nominated only 12 days into his term. So, he was nominated on his potential?

On the issue of the money, I believe that the $1M prize should go right into the Federal coffer since he is a public servant and he won the award while working for the citizens of the United States.

Gee...that is just soooo predictable...the standard for the 'Noble Peace Prize' is WHAT??? Do you know, do you care or only when they have given it to someone that you 'THINK' hasn't earned it...hmmm:confused:

Seems as though a 'few' on here live in such a tightly protective BUBBLE that they don't get the significance of our newly elected President and the impact that his being black had upon the WORLD view of us as Americans...who for decades seem to preach but not practise our; "We are a UNITED STATES and we fought that CIVIL WAR for the freedoms that we believe in"...but the WORLD gets it and in their eyes and their POV it mattered a great deal!!!
We made great strides in this past election and in that alone we have shined up our image globally.

Isn't it a real shame that they didn't phone you and ask what 'VALUES' you thought ought to be the primary reason that the 'Noble Peace Prize' should be awarded;)

I'm not anti Obama, but I have to ask myself; what did he do to earn this award?
Ah, yes...by-all-MEANS avoid any (and, ALL) temptations to (actually) FIND OUT!!!

"The Norwegian Nobel Committee said it honored Obama for his "extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

The Nobel committee recognized Obama's efforts to solve complex global problems including working toward a world free of nuclear weapons. Watch the announcement of Obama as 2009 Nobel Peace Prize recipient

"Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future," the committee said.

Jagland said the decision was "unanimous" and came with ease.

He rejected the notion that Obama had been recognized prematurely for his efforts and said the committee wanted to promote the president just it had Mikhail Gorbachev in 1990 in his efforts to open up the Soviet Union.

"His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world's population," it said."

Try to imagine BUSHCO getting such accolades.

:rolleyes:

OHH..THAT'S what he did..he's black! Makes perfect sense now!

Gee...that is just soooo predictable...the standard for the 'Noble Peace Prize' is WHAT??? Do you know, do you care or only when they have given it to someone that you 'THINK' hasn't earned it...hmmm:confused:

Seems as though a 'few' on here live in such a tightly protective BUBBLE that they don't get the significance of our newly elected President and the impact that his being black had upon the WORLD view of us as Americans...who for decades seem to preach but not practise our; "We are a UNITED STATES and we fought that CIVIL WAR for the freedoms that we believe in"...but the WORLD gets it and in their eyes and their POV it mattered a great deal!!!
We made great strides in this past election and in that alone we have shined up our image globally.

Isn't it a real shame that they didn't phone you and ask what 'VALUES' you thought ought to be the primary reason that the 'Noble Peace Prize' should be awarded;)

I thought this was a joke page but apparently not.

he got a prize for giving hope? Really?

WOW!

The shock ended when I read further down, then it was all clear.

"obama is the third senior U.S. Democrat to win the prize this decade after former Vice President AlGore won in 2007 along with the U.N. climate panel and jimmy carter in 2002".

Yes, obama is in good company with AlGore the global warming nut who uses more electricity for his home than normal people use in a year and flys around in his private jets while telling you to conserve and jimmy "the Jew hater" cater

after reading the whole clip, I agree

Congradulations obama!

Re: President Obama Nobel Peace Prize

Im proud Top Gun :)

I am proud that they put him in the same group with AlGore and Jimmy the Jew hater.
It is very fitting and he is very very very very deserving of this honor!

Well, ya' gotta figure...after BUSHCO's efforts to drive our credibility (as a sane/safe Country), straight into bedrock...our respectability has been RESURRECTED!!!!!

92.gif

Hey I am proud of obama here, dont get me wrong

he deserves this prize just for being in the same group with AlGore and the Jew hating Carter

I am glad they picked him :)

Werbung:

Ah, yes...by-all-MEANS avoid any (and, ALL) temptations to (actually) FIND OUT!!!

Try to imagine BUSHCO getting such accolades.

:rolleyes:
Oh great. More unwarrnated accolades for Obama.
Why dont' you call Garafalo, Olberman, and Michael More and have a pizza party in his honor.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125509603349176083.html

Even in Norway, where Mr. Obama enjoys huge popularity, the decision raised eyebrows among some. "It is just too soon," said Siv Jensen, leader of Norway's main opposition party, the Progress Party. "It is wrong to give him the peace prize for his ambition. You should receive it for results."

She said that the decision to bestow the award on the president was the most controversial she could remember and was one of a number that had moved the prize further away from the ideals of Alfred Nobel.

Back