Threats on Obama's Life have started.

yea the right has not been full of hate...you do reacall he Clinton years right?

Yes, I recall them. The republicans criticized policy. There was also good-natured jokes about such things as his penchant for fast food. They called him a liar and an adulterer, both of which he eventually admitted to. He was impeached. But there never was the endless outpouring of vile slurs, lies, and defamations as there has been against Bush and now against McCain. The net was just getting started in Clinton's time for most people, and there was no capability to do then what the leftwing slur machine has done in the last several years, eg get people to believe things ("Bush lied") only because it's repeated millions of times on the net. And look at the slurs against McCain - there is probably not one person in a million who has sacrificed as much for his country. There is really no limit to how low these people will sink.

Werbung:
Yeah how horrible a lying felon would be called.... a lying felon. I never hated Clinton personally. He just was a horrible president, a pathological liar, and a scandal ridden criminal.

When non-liberals attack someone, it's because they are doing wrong things. When the left attacks someone, it's because they are doing right things, or because they are exposing them for doing wrong things.

Reagan did something right. He defeated the Soviet union. For that he was slandered and attacked. Whittaker Chambers exposed liberals supporting Soviet spies. For that he was slandered and attacked.

Clinton committed obstruction of justice, perjury, witness tampering, and endless other crimes by him and those he was in close contact with, as well those in his administration. For that he was attacked, but telling the truth isn't slander.

reagan did not deffet teh soviets...they fell while he was in office. Lucky for him. But its not becuse he was sooo great, it was cuz there system rooted to teh core and fell apart after afganistan.

Libby lied under oath, convicted, and for much much more then a BJ...the the Right wanted him pardons...And bush basicly gave it to him..

only reason Bush has not been impeached is becuse none of his people ever talk. they just claim they dont have to and say nothing, takes 8 years of courts to get them to fess up and then they lie.

Yes, I recall them. The republicans criticized policy. There was also good-natured jokes about such things as his penchant for fast food. They called him a liar and an adulterer, both of which he eventually admitted to. He was impeached. But there never was the endless outpouring of vile slurs, lies, and defamations as there has been against Bush and now against McCain. The net was just getting started in Clinton's time for most people, and there was no capability to do then what the leftwing slur machine has done in the last several years, eg get people to believe things ("Bush lied") only because it's repeated millions of times on the net. And look at the slurs against McCain - there is probably not one person in a million who has sacrificed as much for his country. There is really no limit to how low these people will sink.

yea odd becuse for 8 years I never heard much attacks on "policy" just personal attacks and bull****.

the right was so insane in there 8 years of attacks I sepent alot of those 8 years deffending a guy I never liked...it was sad and pathetic...I went into the clinton years a moderate repubican who supported Perot..I ended up a very liberal...thanks to the right wing attacks and worthless crying about his sex life

How does any one group attacking the other effect what you personally believe at your core?

I think you would have switched over regardless, and this is just a scapegoat. If you truly believed in the Republican platform you could not just turn democrat.

How does any one group attacking the other effect what you personally believe at your core?

I think you would have switched over regardless, and this is just a scapegoat. If you truly believed in the Republican platform you could not just turn democrat.

it was a combo
the attacks to me showed they did not care about policy or anything, it was just pure hate of Bill for the sake of hate.
The Christian Right at the tim was flexing more and more power,,,,and that pushed me away
I saw them ignoring the things they said, it was say what ever you can to make the left look bad regardless of facts, and if you are ging against what you said you belive in.
I was still mad about the gulf war , mostly that we let down the Shia who revolted aginst Saddam as we asked...and did not back them as we promised.
I hated Nafta and I saw to much support by republicans for it, ( its a key reason I did not like Bill as well) and I just looked at the party and said this is not what I belive in, not what I stand for anymore...Also my being envirmentalist did not help much with the republican view that was basicly who cares screw you tree hugers.....I had already voted Perot, and I started looking at ather 3rd parties and looking at things in new ways. I still hold some of those values, but they are mixed now.
also I think my fear of big goverment was giving way to what I saw as a ever greater threat, big buisness that was unchecked and having more and more power over policy and out lives. Goverment became at times a neccasary evil to stop a greater one.

reagan did not deffet teh soviets...they fell while he was in office. Lucky for him. But its not becuse he was sooo great, it was cuz there system rooted to teh core and fell apart after afganistan.

Libby lied under oath, convicted, and for much much more then a BJ...the the Right wanted him pardons...And bush basicly gave it to him..

only reason Bush has not been impeached is becuse none of his people ever talk. they just claim they dont have to and say nothing, takes 8 years of courts to get them to fess up and then they lie.

Bush is not impeached because he didn't commit any felonies. The law is not so loose that just because you don't like his policies, you can claim it's a felony and impeach him.

Really, Libby has a permanent felony record, 2 years of probation, 400 hours of community service, and a $250K fine. I wager you'd call that a complete pardon too if you had that on you. Not to mention, for a supposed leak that wasn't even a crime. We all know that Valerie Plame Wilson wasn't undercover at the time, and the information was common knowledge. The entire trial should have been dismissed without anyone, let alone Libby, having to even testify.

As opposed to a former president, where clear cut documented evidence proves laws were repeatedly broken.

Reagan clearly did defeat the Soviets. No one who studies that topic can conclude otherwise. Hell, even the Soviets claimed it was Reagans policies that brought them to their end. How you can even suggest that isn't the case is beyond me. It was our supporting anti-soviet movements world wide, our building up and modernizing our military, it was our planned missile defense shield, our star wars effort, our economic strength and world market maneuvering, that all put the stress on the Soviets causing their Hindenburg to finely burst into flames and crash.

Werbung:
it was a combo
the attacks to me showed they did not care about policy or anything, it was just pure hate of Bill for the sake of hate.
The Christian Right at the tim was flexing more and more power,,,,and that pushed me away
I saw them ignoring the things they said, it was say what ever you can to make the left look bad regardless of facts, and if you are ging against what you said you belive in.

Guess I don't know the reference. The problems I had with Clinton were simply Legal, Policy, and morally. When a leader from the middle east comes, and is waiting in the Rose Garden, you should be with someone who isn't your wife, getting sucked on. That's dereliction of duty, as well as immoral. When you send missiles into Sudan to blow up an aspirin factor, in order to distract from person legal issues. I have a huge problem here. When you send in our troops into Mogadishu, and then don't provide proper equipment and cover, getting a bunch killed. There's a problem here. When you witness tamper, obstruct justice, conceal evidence, commit perjury, and a long list of others... Sorry, but I have legitimate problems with the guy.

I was still mad about the gulf war , mostly that we let down the Shia who revolted aginst Saddam as we asked...and did not back them as we promised.

I agree. Although we didn't actually promise to back them, we did encourage them to revolt, and in doing so implied support. Bush Sr, should have dealt with Saddam at the time. Can't change that, we will not make the same mistake this time. We will finish the job.

I hated Nafta and I saw to much support by republicans for it, ( its a key reason I did not like Bill as well) and I just looked at the party and said this is not what I belive in, not what I stand for anymore...Also my being envirmentalist did not help much with the republican view that was basicly who cares screw you tree hugers.....I had already voted Perot, and I started looking at ather 3rd parties and looking at things in new ways. I still hold some of those values, but they are mixed now.
also I think my fear of big goverment was giving way to what I saw as a ever greater threat, big buisness that was unchecked and having more and more power over policy and out lives. Goverment became at times a neccasary evil to stop a greater one.

I have no opinion on NAFTA yet. All I know is, job were going south anyway because labor cost to much here. With our without NAFTA, unless we deal with the labor cost problem, it won't make much difference. It's why Chevy's Aveo is made in south Korea. Labor cost too much here.

I don't see that business has more control over my life. There is not one product I have no choice but to buy. So I don't get the leftist 'big(whatever)' conspiracy theorist deal.

Back