To hell with Health Care Reform...Instead lets talk about Marijuana!

LooseChange

Look I know the American people will support the legalization of Marijuana so my message to Obama is this......Drop health care and put the congress on the spot as well as the American people and simply ask for a bill to finally legalize it and then we'll see where the politicians stand on this issue. I mean I would rather have marijuana legalized and have people smoke their health worries away then have them worry about it period!!!! What say you all?

Werbung:
Look I know the American people will support the legalization of Marijuana so my message to Obama is this......Drop health care and put the congress on the spot as well as the American people and simply ask for a bill to finally legalize it and then we'll see where the politicians stand on this issue. I mean I would rather have marijuana legalized and have people smoke their health worries away then have them worry about it period!!!! What say you all?
A few things...
1, even if the feds did away with federal marijuana prohibition, pretty much all the states and many cities have thier own laws on the books that would still stand. Much like how prohibition existed for a number of decades in a few states after the 21st amendment.

2. I think it would be a horrible idea to all of a sudden drop health care at this time. As someone who supports the public option now is the best time to do this. The midterm election will likely have the GOP winning some seats back in both houses.

3. I think that if the issue of legalizing marijuana were to come to an open floor vote that it would fail, I dont think it would make it out of committee.

Hate to tell you guys it's gonna happen....California is getting ready to take that step and the rest of the country can do one of two things....either jump on board or continue to live in denial about it....You want to pay for health care reform use the tax on legalized Marijuana to pay for it.

Hate to tell you guys it's gonna happen....California is getting ready to take that step and the rest of the country can do one of two things....either jump on board or continue to live in denial about it....You want to pay for health care reform use the tax on legalized Marijuana to pay for it.

I dont think it is a bad idea, I would support either decriminalization or even having it become actually mainstream and have it taxed. The current system we have concerning marijuana is one of the great injustices in this country and at comes at a great expense of the collective freedom and resources of this country.

The money spent on law enforcement in regard to marijuana is money down a rat hole. It has no effect upon the availability; just keeps the price of the product higher as well as burdens the public with the cost of incarcerating those who have been caught with "saleable" amounts.

Nevertheless, I do not believe that if it were to be made legal, any great amount of tax money would be generated. The plant is just too easy to raise by those who would wish to avoid paying the tax.

The use of marijuana is arguable less harmful than the use of alcohol and actually beneficial in some medical conditions.

It has never been proved that it has/is a "gateway" drug to harder drugs. The drug most often used as a first experiment with mind-altering substances is beer (alcohol), not marijuana.

Before, anyone jumps to the conclusion that I am a druggie that just wants easier access to MJ, I do not use alcohol in any amount or any recreational drugs including marijuana.

I couldn't care less about marijuana although hemp makes an excellent fiber crop... which is probably the real reason for its illegality.

A few things...
1, even if the feds did away with federal marijuana prohibition, pretty much all the states and many cities have their own laws on the books that would still stand. Much like how prohibition existed for a number of decades in a few states after the 21st amendment.
Not a PROB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The guidelines to be issued to federal prosecutors Monday will suggest that it’s not a good use of time to go after users and distributors of medical marijuana in the 14 states that allow such usage, while encouraging that illegal pot operations involving violence, firearms and sale to minors still be pursued.

Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington currently have state laws allowing at least limited use of marijuana for medical purposes."

Nevertheless, I do not believe that if it were to be made legal, any great amount of tax money would be generated. The plant is just too easy to raise by those who would wish to avoid paying the tax.
....Just like beer & wine.

That's some kind o' major-issue???​

What I don't understand is how it can be made legal and the production and distribution of it not be controlled by some federal agency. That's the real problem with it. It has medical applications but there is no quality control. People sell it laced with pesticides, impurities and who knows what and to be smoked? I can't think of one medicine where the label says, "smoke this three times a day".

I think the pro-legalization crowd has some serious thinking to do. At the very least some self-regulating.

What I don't understand is how it can be made legal and the production and distribution of it not be controlled by some federal agency. That's the real problem with it. It has medical applications but there is no quality control. People sell it laced with pesticides, impurities and who knows what and to be smoked? I can't think of one medicine where the label says, "smoke this three times a day".

I think the pro-legalization crowd has some serious thinking to do. At the very least some self-regulating.

There is no quality control because it's not legal, isn't that obvious?

Werbung:
Back