Todays' Washington D.C., Biggest "snow job" since 2008 Election!

always

Yes, Folks if "Global Warming" does not stop, and soon ,our nations Capitol is going to be seriously challenged for creating the most "Flakes" by mother natures event!
This will turn out to be the BIGGEST SNOW JOB since the National Election in 2008!! The only good part is unllike that election the citizens after getting the "drift" will see a return of warmer weather quickly reversing itself as "Nature" corrects its error. If only we good retract our mistake in 2008 so quickly!!

Werbung:
This will turn out to be the BIGGEST SNOW JOB since the National Election in 2008!!
....And, it wasn't totally-unexpected....by those who know what they're talkin'-about.

:rolleyes:

"There is some evidence that climate change could in fact make such massive snowstorms more common, even as the world continues to warm. As the meteorologist Jeff Masters points out in his excellent blog at Weather Underground, the two major storms that hit Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., this winter — in December and during the first weekend of February — are already among the 10 heaviest snowfalls those cities have ever recorded. The chance of that happening in the same winter is incredibly unlikely.

But there have been hints that it was coming. The 2009 U.S. Climate Impacts Report found that large-scale cold-weather storm systems have gradually tracked to the north in the U.S. over the past 50 years. While the frequency of storms in the middle latitudes has decreased as the climate has warmed, the intensity of those storms has increased. That's in part because of global warming — hotter air can hold more moisture, so when a storm gathers it can unleash massive amounts of snow. Colder air, by contrast, is drier; if we were in a truly vicious cold snap, like the one that occurred over much of the East Coast during parts of January, we would be unlikely to see heavy snowfall."

Since I have the thread author on ignore {big sigh of relief}, I'll just follow your post: :cool:

If the doubting Thomasa's of global climate would look at the entire weather 'GLOBALLY' instead of in their back yards {I know that's problematic for the little lessor thinking ones on here}, they would notice that GLOBALLY there are some serious changes going on...but there again, that would be asking them to focus on the entire planet and not just their own back yard...GOOD GRIEF self inflicted stupidity is alive and well around here:rolleyes:

Just look to our neighbor to the North...trucking in tons of snow/man-made snow/supporting the Olympic venue with huge bails of straw and moving tons of snow over those mounds just to provide the events that are going to take place...hardly anything to worry about :cool:

Correction, it's the best snow job since the 2000 election. And we're still trying to dig ourselves out from that.

Correction, it's the best snow job since the 2000 election. And we're still trying to dig ourselves out from that.

No doubt......

republicard.jpg

"Serious government spending on public works and infrastructure projects is what's required in times like this. Problem is, during the good times, the Republicans' guiding philosophy has been "CUT TAXES!" and "Kill brown people!" instead of "Direct the surplus towards repaying the debt!"

Thanks again, Gee Dubya. What would we ever have done with all that extra money anyway?"

Yes the political snow job in 2000 combined with the official GOP logo of those 8 fateful years may actually make the saying come true on that credit card: "like there's no tomorrow".

The chinese are rumbling, supposedly about Obama and the Taiwan arms deal. But I have a feeling their strategy has been going on since the 2000 snowjob. Obama just happens to be the caretaker on the Last Watch of the USA.

Hope I'm wrong..

Since I have the thread author on ignore {big sigh of relief}, I'll just follow your post: :cool:

If the doubting Thomasa's of global climate would look at the entire weather 'GLOBALLY' instead of in their back yards {I know that's problematic for the little lessor thinking ones on here}, they would notice that GLOBALLY there are some serious changes going on...but there again, that would be asking them to focus on the entire planet and not just their own back yard...GOOD GRIEF self inflicted stupidity is alive and well around here:rolleyes:

Just look to our neighbor to the North...trucking in tons of snow/man-made snow/supporting the Olympic venue with huge bails of straw and moving tons of snow over those mounds just to provide the events that are going to take place...hardly anything to worry about :cool:

Nothing new, I drank "Canada Dry" for years!! Are you aware that YOU , Nancy, Owebama, and "slick " little joey Bidden are amoung the very few who still believe "Global Warming Crap"? Please , With all this Snow even YOU should get the "DRIFT"!

Yes the political snow job in 2000 combined with the official GOP logo of those 8 fateful years may actually make the saying come true on that credit card: "like there's no tomorrow".
Hell....there never WAS, for him.

Why do you think George Sr. & Babs decided it was best (for them) to hand-off all baby-sitting duties, to the rest-of-us?

:rolleyes:

Melting ice caps will pull warm air from more southerly regions to convert ice to water. Do we have to revisit the specific heat of the water molecule again Always? Didn't you pay attention in chemistry?

For a honeymoon period there will be colder weather patterns in lower regions. Instead of using it as a source of comfort, Always, you should be running scared. Unusual cold snaps in southern regions are perfectly compatible with the warnings about global warming. I know, I know. It's a complex issue involving chemistry so your head probably hurts trying to fit it all together.

Thank God some people took it upon themselves to be educated outside the Naional Enquirer.

Melting ice caps will pull warm air from more southerly regions to convert ice to water. Do we have to revisit the specific heat of the water molecule again Always? Didn't you pay attention in chemistry?

For a honeymoon period there will be colder weather patterns in lower regions. Instead of using it as a source of comfort, Always, you should be running scared. Unusual cold snaps in southern regions are perfectly compatible with the warnings about global warming. I know, I know. It's a complex issue involving chemistry so your head probably hurts trying to fit it all together.

Thank God some people took it upon themselves to be educated outside the Naional Enquirer.

According to your thought process , we in the South should experience heavy snow in our warmest months! Who wrote your information ALGORE!! LOL

A little something else to add to your education

Article and pictures like this...

uss-skate-ice1.jpg

and were you aware of this ?

According to your thought process , we in the South should experience heavy snow in our warmest months!~Always
Like I said, the concept of gradual warming overall is a difficult one even for climatologists to explain. The thing that is fact is that we've had the warmest decade OVERALL on record in the last 10 years. Soundbites of a snowstorm in Winter aren't going to win your argument for you. The earth moves slowly in her trends, but her trend is towards getting warmer. Do the math, if the trend continues, in 20 years we'll be in big trouble.

Or, keep your head in the sand because it won't be your concern by then and your oil stock will have made you not care even more. You people don't even care enough to err on the side of caution on behalf of your own children. Let me guess Always, that's part of your "faith" too? To turn on your own blood by cultivating and spreading wilfull ignorance? This is about oil and not going green. Of course that's at the heart of it. What harm would it cause you besides losing money on stocks to err on the side of caution and transfer your investments to green energy? Are you that selfish? Is that what Jesus would've done?

Werbung:
Like I said, the concept of gradual warming overall is a difficult one even for climatologists to explain. The thing that is fact is that we've had the warmest decade OVERALL on record in the last 10 years. Soundbites of a snowstorm in Winter aren't going to win your argument for you. The earth moves slowly in her trends, but her trend is towards getting warmer. Do the math, if the trend continues, in 20 years we'll be in big trouble.

Or, keep your head in the sand because it won't be your concern by then and your oil stock will have made you not care even more. You people don't even care enough to err on the side of caution on behalf of your own children. Let me guess Always, that's part of your "faith" too? To turn on your own blood by cultivating and spreading wilfull ignorance? This is about oil and not going green. Of course that's at the heart of it. What harm would it cause you besides losing money on stocks to err on the side of caution and transfer your investments to green energy? Are you that selfish? Is that what Jesus would've done?

YES, I will tell my wife who wants me to shovel a 80 ft long Drive Way with Five FEET of Snow to WAIT!! WARM WEATHER is COMING!! LOL,LOL

Back