Topless photo could cost Miss California pageant crown

Sorry, I can't tolerate watching those things due to their inherent nature. Back in school, I never could much stand to be around the folks who were always clamoring to be chosen for all the popularity kind of stuff. As such, I'm not aware of the deal here. I'm just expressing my total lack of concern for the subject matter.

I dont watch the pageants either. I only know what I do because its been on the news.

She should have just said she wanted world peace and called it good:)

Werbung:
O my god, good looking woman shows her boobs? O hell is sure to come now, its the end of the world SINNNNNNNNNNNN SINNN SIN SIN SIN...

who cares, she showed her rack.

Look I don't care, the people who have trouble with nudity are GOP fundies..but she apparently breached her contract with pageant officials:

Her fate was being discussed in "closed-door meetings" Tuesday among California pageant officials, lawyers and representatives of Donald Trump, who owns the international competition, said Miss California USA spokesman Roger Neal.

"They are going over the legalities and clearly she breached her contract," Neal said. "When you compete for Miss California, you're supposed to disclose whether you posed for nude or semi-nude photos because it's grounds for disqualification.

The spokesman for Miss California USA provided CNN with a copy of the pageant contract Prejean signed last year agreeing that the discovery of semi-nude photos could mean disqualification.

"You'll see in the agreement that she signed that she clearly violated the terms of her reign as Miss California USA, but we don't expect a decision to be made today," Neal said.

http://sidebar.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/05/05/california.miss.california/index.html?iref=hpmostpop

Kind of a dumb post really. I see a lot of people on the left supporting traditional family values. But many people regardless of political ideology, have massive confusion over what "traditional family values" are.

One traditional family value is that when you marry someone, you stay together for life. As in, no divorce. I don't see people spouting traditional family values, on either side of the political spectrum practicing that.

Bill Clinton for example was the poster boy for hypocrisy in this area. While claiming to be in love with his wife, claiming to be Christian, while walking into church on Sunday with a Bible big enough to choke a mule under his arm, he continuously slept with nearly any women he could get his hands on.

1701b.jpg

Aww, holding a bible and holding hands. Hypocrisy.

Moreover, this claim that Miss California is a right winger, is pretty sketchy. Not very many, if any, in pageants are fine upstanding examples of 'traditional family values'. She likely said those things to help get selected, rather than it being a core belief. Much like Clinton.

Finely, the whole story of the Bible is about redemption from mistakes, not absence of mistakes. The idea that a Christian person should be perfect is joke, just as much as you claiming you are perfect simply because you have no values.

And as a side note, there is noting inherently wrong with getting breast implants. I laughed when you brought that up. What a joke! :D Now granted I think they are unnecessary. I find that women without visually enhancing surgery are just as attractive. Moreover, I think generally it's expensive and a tad risky. It would be better to invest the money, or help someone with the money, or even donate the money. Of course any time you go under the knife, there is always a risk.

But there is nothing 'evil' about implants anymore than there is with reconstructive surgery after breast cancer. That's a red herring for sure.

im sure she did, but I dont see why they care she was topless . I mean they parade them around to look at there bodies..( lol talent sure ) and then act all shocked and offended at boobs naked.

I agree. Back in pageants where very modest and simply a pretty girl, things were different. Now they are all prancing around with skimpy everything, and a bit of cloth the size of an eye patch covering three spots...

and they think topless is so much worse? As if all the people staring at them had wholesome intentions up to that point...

It is kind of stupid.

Bill Clinton for example was the poster boy for hypocrisy in this area. While claiming to be in love with his wife, claiming to be Christian, while walking into church on Sunday with a Bible big enough to choke a mule under his arm, he continuously slept with nearly any women he could get his hands on.
Your jealousy is showing.

:rolleyes:

I agree. Back in pageants where very modest and simply a pretty girl, things were different. Now they are all prancing around with skimpy everything, and a bit of cloth the size of an eye patch covering three spots...

and they think topless is so much worse? As if all the people staring at them had wholesome intentions up to that point...

It is kind of stupid.

Man..you sound like a real prude, with a capital P. No wonder you're a Republican.

Leave the girl's title alone. She's entitled to her opinion, however cruel her opinion might be, and those pictures should have remained a private matter. No one in any beauty contest can be expected to be pure as driven snow all her life, both before and after, Anyone who appears to be that pure simply probably has simply never gotten caught.

I may be many things. One thing is for certain. I will never be jealous of someone acting like an animal instead of a intelligent person. It was no honorable, it was pathetic and sick. Anyone else who acts like that, is the same.
....Except, for:​

"Ten years from now the words "Clinton economy" will be associated with prosperous times, and "Bush economy" will be associated with troubled and confused times." - Nelson, New Jersey, USA​

Gotta love those Progressive-psychics!!!!!

:p

Since she opened her big mouth at the pageant, she's been going around the country appearing on all the right wing shows portraying herself as some kind of "family values" good girl...this picture, with supposedly more to come, say otherwise...in fact, they scream hypocrisy.

It might mean that she herself is a hypocrite but it would not mean that all right wingers are as the Op said.

Or it might mean that she made a mistake when she was 17.

Or it might mean that she does not deserve to be miss America and since the rules are there they need to be followed.

It should be obvious to all that to be a hypocrite one needs to act one way and talk another way at the same time. So does she?

Werbung:
Leave the girl's title alone. She's entitled to her opinion, however cruel her opinion might be, and those pictures should have remained a private matter. No one in any beauty contest can be expected to be pure as driven snow all her life, both before and after, Anyone who appears to be that pure simply probably has simply never gotten caught.

I would be willing to bet that virtually all 17 year old girls have not posed topless.

So did the contest ask that the contestants never posed topless or that they don't do it during or after the contest. If the former then she knew better than to enter.

Back