1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Toronto's secret world of polygamy

Discussion in 'World Politics' started by SW85, May 26, 2008.

1. SW85

SW85 New Member

At least (most) creepy Mormon cultists enter into this sort of thing willingly enough; apparently in Islam, the woman gets no say:

The bolded line reminds me of a story I heard a while back about people who went into hiding from Islamic radicals for saying or publishing something they found offensive, only to have their locations revealed to their would-be assassins by Islamic police officers who felt it more important to oblige religious laws than national ones.

2. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    a woman being forced into it, is against Islam, in fact a reading of how one can have more then one wife in the Koran makes it almost impossible for a man to do it. And the roots of why it was done in the culture make sense at the time, though today I think just reserved for the wealthy mostly as status thing and many would still say against Islam.