Torture; SOMEone's Gotta Pay!!

Shaman, who or what exactly are you railing against? The article paints some broad brush strokes and even suggests a course of action that Bush may well take, so who are you frustrated with? Politicians, Intelligence Services, the legal system...... which and why?

Werbung:
So would crushing someone's nuts in a vise.

from what I have read about water boarding I would agree that is torture and the crushing thing I guess it would hurt but in all honesty would it hurt worse than a mamogram :)

I think yelling at them and giving them horrible food is ok and keeping them up for as many hours under bright lights is fair enough

no cutting or breaking bones, that seems mean to me

from what I have read about water boarding I would agree that is torture and the crushing thing I guess it would hurt but in all honesty would it hurt worse than a mamogram :)

I think yelling at them and giving them horrible food is ok and keeping them up for as many hours under bright lights is fair enough

no cutting or breaking bones, that seems mean to me

Is getting testicles electrocuted torture?

We prosecuted Japanese and Germans for torture, as I understand it one of the tortures we objected to was the Japanese water-boarding of our soldiers.

How many millions were spent investigating Clinton? All he got was blowjobs, I don't think those count as torture unless you are the one being forced to give them. If Bush and Co. have nothing to hide, if they did nothing wrong then they have no reason to fear being investigated because they'll surely be exonerated since we all know they are God's warriors stemming the tide of evil in the world. Let's try them in court and find out exactly what was done to the people we incarcerated, and that includes the ones we out-sourced to be tortured.

Over and over again I have heard conservatives say that if you did nothing wrong then you don't need to worry about your civil rights and that if you did something wrong then you don't deserve civil rights anymore. Send Bush to Gitmo or better yet out-source the bastard to Pakistan or Bosnia to be interrogated--we'll find out what he did. Cheney too.

First I will say this is all outrageous. What do you people think goes on at GITMO? You think we sit around an crush people testicles, or electrocute their testicles and break their bones?

We do not do any of that. The problem with "torture" is that the media has decided that they need to be told every detail of an interrogation so that they can decide what and what is not torture, but it is not up to the media to decide what it is.

We prosecuted Japanese and Germans for torture, as I understand it one of the tortures we objected to was the Japanese water-boarding of our soldiers.

I think warfare has changed a lot since then, and I think the enemy is completely different as well.

How many millions were spent investigating Clinton? All he got was blowjobs, I don't think those count as torture unless you are the one being forced to give them.

Who cares?

If Bush and Co. have nothing to hide, if they did nothing wrong then they have no reason to fear being investigated because they'll surely be exonerated since we all know they are God's warriors stemming the tide of evil in the world. Let's try them in court and find out exactly what was done to the people we incarcerated, and that includes the ones we out-sourced to be tortured.

How does a Clinton investigation lead to this? Clinton had problems because he lied under oath, not because he got a BJ. Anyway, no, we should put Bush on trial for anything, the precedence of that is terrible.

Further, it was Clinton that started the Rendition program (outsourcing of prisoners) to be tortured. Bush simply carried on precedence that he inherited. His problem was bringing it back to US soil.

On top of that, why do you feel like you need to know the interrogation techniques that are used? It has already been mostly outlined, it is nothing such as smashing testicles or anything of the sort, especially not in any US holding facility.

Over and over again I have heard conservatives say that if you did nothing wrong then you don't need to worry about your civil rights and that if you did something wrong then you don't deserve civil rights anymore. Send Bush to Gitmo or better yet out-source the bastard to Pakistan or Bosnia to be interrogated--we'll find out what he did. Cheney too.

Over and over again I hear this bogus rhetoric of all these "civil rights" you have lost, but when asked no one ever can tell me which ones they actually lost.

Heaven forbid that the President attempt to uphold his constitutional obligation to protect the country.

First I will say this is all outrageous. What do you people think goes on at GITMO? You think we sit around an crush people testicles, or electrocute their testicles and break their bones?
People do not know what goes on at GITMO and therein lies the problem. This is a democracy of sorts and the people have a right to know what is being done in their name.

We do not do any of that. The problem with "torture" is that the media has decided that they need to be told every detail of an interrogation so that they can decide what and what is not torture, but it is not up to the media to decide what it is.
Yes, and that is exactly the way it should be. Torture is a social evil, it cannot be done in public it has to be done in secrecy, we need clear open policy and oversight on this issue because anyone who would do torture would not hesitate to lie about it. George Washington rejected the use of torture saying that it was not what Americans do--no matter what their enemies do--it's what sets us apart.

I think warfare has changed a lot since then, and I think the enemy is completely different as well.
Have right and wrong changed? Torture is wrong no matter who does it, because our enemies do it is no reason for us to stoop to their level.

... we should put Bush on trial for anything, the precedence of that is terrible.
If Bush broke the law he should stand trial and be punished, without the law we have no credibility in the world.

Further, it was Clinton that started the Rendition program (outsourcing of prisoners) to be tortured. Bush simply carried on precedence that he inherited. His problem was bringing it back to US soil.
If Clinton did that, then he was wrong and should be punished. George brought it home and made it legal, he too should be punished.

On top of that, why do you feel like you need to know the interrogation techniques that are used? It has already been mostly outlined, it is nothing such as smashing testicles or anything of the sort, especially not in any US holding facility.
Testicle crushing goes on in a lot of places, it would go on here too if the people would let happen, but I hope with public oversight it won't.

Over and over again I hear this bogus rhetoric of all these "civil rights" you have lost, but when asked no one ever can tell me which ones they actually lost.
Got your national ID card yet? Did the North American Union agreement get signed? Has Bush pushed to ban Constitutional equal protection for gay and transgendered people? Look around, BigRob, you like what you see happening in our country?

Heaven forbid that the President attempt to uphold his constitutional obligation to protect the country.
He's destroying our country with his protection. I can only hope that Obama will be better, but it's always a choice between the lesser of two evils when we vote for President. Personally, I'm with John Hightower who said, "If God wanted us to vote He would have given us candidates."

I would think that is one of the problems Rob. AS Mare says, since there is this apparent air of secrecy surrounding the way GITMO is constituted and operated and its legality and of course the remoteness of it from US shores, people tend to make up their own stories and others give them oxygen so they run a bit.

Shaman, who or what exactly are you railing against? The article paints some broad brush strokes and even suggests a course of action that Bush may well take, so who are you frustrated with? Politicians, Intelligence Services, the legal system...... which and why?
Everyone, within the Bush Admin, who figured they could make torture cool, again!!! :mad:

They've done nothing to advance our National Security....they've done the opposite!!

Hell.....what do Chickenhawks know about the end-result of their sadistic-tendencies??!!!

"I think the harm we are doing there far outweighs the good, and I believe it's inconsistent with American values," says Saar. "In fact, I think it's fair to say that it’s the moral antithesis of what we want to stand for as a country.

"Unimaginable to me, I just can not imagine what people think they were doing," says Army Col. Patrick Lang, who was head of human intelligence gathering at the Pentagon’s Defense Intelligence Agency.

Lang, who’s now retired, wrote the Arabic and Middle-East studies curricula for West Point. "I mean, what is this?" asks Lang. "A scene from Dante's Inferno? I mean, what level of hell are we on to? Imagine that we could do such things to people? This is just absolutely wrong."

So would crushing someone's nuts in a vise.
Nahhhhhh.....the Bush Admin is much too-compassionate for that!!​
"Another FBI document says an interrogator grabbed a detainee’s thumbs and “bent them backwards” and “grabbed his genitals.” One FBI agent reported that he saw a detainee had been “gagged with duct tape that covered much of his head.” The interrogator explained that the prisoner had been “chanting the Koran and would not stop.”

We do not do any of that.
Prove it!!

Werbung:

Who cares?

How does a Clinton investigation lead to this? Clinton had problems because he lied under oath, not because he got a BJ. Anyway, no, we should put Bush on trial for anything, the precedence of that is terrible.

Rob,

I dont think any of that goes on at Gitmo,

From what I have seen they are treated better than I would personally treat them. Because of religous reasons their Quran is not ever checked when they do cell checks because non mulisms should never touch a quran. That is just flat stupid, I dont care what your religion is, even their quran should be checked.

I think we treat them a million times better than any country has ever treated our prisoners in the history of the US.

I was just describing what I would consider torture, not that I thought our troops were doing any of these things

Back