Trade war 2019

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lets talk about the trade war - and I command a serious discussion with arguments, not the usual "this view comes from a moron blabla".

Patrick Bet-David, a businessman, does his best to explain some details:

In my opinion, he gets many things right, but he fails to mention that....

• China since many years is not only copying technologies, they've started research and invention since a few years, so they are a much bigger threat
  • He talks about the trade deficit but doesnt tell you that its US companies like Apple profiting the most from cheap Chinese labor
  • It isnt easy to bring back manufacturing to the US once its lost. One example: https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/28/18200330/why-apple-cant-made-in-america (I dont link the original article as its behind a paywall)

Werbung:
Good summation and he is correct to say we can weather a trade war better.

He is also coreect to note their long term plan and how committed to it that they are. But without leverage they have an uphill struggle.

Eventually they will come to accept that a level playing field is good for all.

Werbung:
A Seed Doesn't Grow in Sand

Any country that pays students for their grades will lead this century's world economy. Because of denying strong and early incentives, we (and fortunately all our competitors) are developing very little of our potential, and that only in the shallow end of the talent pool. The able and proud are a threat to the dominance of inferior people in superior positions. The talented must first hack away the wealth of the economic bullies and push them out of the way.

The creativity of one well-rewarded genius will be more productive than thousands of coolies. The plutocratic parasites hire quantifying quacks who promote stagnant economic blueprints and are too self-obsessed, jealous, and ignorant to focus on the quality of the human materials being used.

Back