Trolling ISIS: British forces play Bollywood music to 'annoy' Daesh ISIS fighters

Zanna

The elite British special forces are 'annoying' Daesh fighters by playing music at them - and not just any music but Bollywood music.

According to a report by The Mirror, the forces' strategy is aimed at 'discrediting the extremists who claim the music is un-Islamic.'

Apparently, a Pakistani-born army intelligence officer with the British Army had told the troops that Bollywood tunes annoyed Daesh.

Next level psychological warfare.

I wonder if British intelligence will also start harassing ISIS users on Twitter with trolling.

http://khaleejtimes.com/region/mena/british-special-forces-use-bollywood-songs-to-annoy-daesh

Werbung:
The "weapon" won't have that huge an effect. As with everything else when you get too much of something you hate, at first it annoys you and then you get used to it and won't be bothered by it anymore.

In any case though ISIS banned music because they believe it is "un-Islamic" it doesn't necessarily mean that ISIS fighters won't listen to music if they aren't the ones playing it.

Good point. The official IS stance doesn't reflect every militant's opinion, even though they'd want to. It'd be funny if they actually turn out to like that music.

I actually think this is awesome and hilarious. Sure, I don't know how effective it will be, but when you're fighting against idiots sometimes you have to stoop to a childish, immature level. If playing music throws them off their game then so be it!

If they really want to get inside of ISIS heads they should record Sunday mass in Vatican City and play that over the loud speakers. Or better yet, they should play citing's of the Quran backwards to really get on their nerves.

Some might call it inappropriate, but it is war. Propaganda and psychological warfare is part of the battle.

The Americans have been doing this for years in the "war on terror." If you read through all the "torture" reports this is often included.

Soldiers always seem to have the best sense of humor, but now they will probably have torture accusations thrown at them from the United Nations. As an aside: I wonder what makes Bollywood music so awful. I never knew it was a thing.

If playing Bollywood music has a negative effect on ISIS, it is an excellent plan, however ISIS house no morals and this will possibly aggravate them more. I don't think annoying ISIS is a good idea; I see the outcome to be a bleak one.

If playing Bollywood music has a negative effect on ISIS, it is an excellent plan, however ISIS house no morals and this will possibly aggravate them more. I don't think annoying ISIS is a good idea; I see the outcome to be a bleak one.
Not sure you can irritate them more if they feel they are already on a mission from god.

Werbung:
I don't think this is the best idea.
I find Bollywood music very annoying - I can see ISIS doing the same.
Perhaps it's like a crying baby...after a while you no longer hear it. ;)
They believe they are fulfilling some prophecy - bless. :rolleyes:

Back