TrooperGate Heats Up

Well it looks like the report will be coming out on 10-10 regardless of the Palin admin cooperation. Im not entirely sure what this means just yet, but will be making some phone calls to try and get any other info outside of the reported story.

http://www.adn.com/palin/story/531336.html

Troopergate probe to end before election

By MATT VOLZ
The Associated Press

Published: September 19th, 2008 01:27 PM
Last Modified: September 19th, 2008 01:27 PM

The Alaska lawmaker directing an abuse-of-power investigation of Gov. Sarah Palin promised today the probe will be finished before the election, despite refusals by key witnesses to testify, including the governor's husband.

After waiting 35 minutes for Todd Palin and two state administrative employees to appear under subpoena before the state Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Hollis French condemned their refusal to testify and the attorney general's broken promise that seven other witnesses would testify who were not subpoenaed.

French said the retired prosecutor hired by the Alaska Legislature to investigate Palin, Stephen Branchflower, will conclude his investigation by Oct. 10. Still, that report will not include testimony from the Republican vice-presidential nominee, her husband or most of the top aides Branchflower hoped to interview.

Sarah Palin's allies hoped the investigation would be delayed past the election to spare her any troublesome revelations - or at least the distraction - before voters have made their choice. Palin's reputation as clean-government advocate who takes on entrenched interests is central to her appeal as Republican John McCain's running mate, and possibly at risk in the probe.

Palin initially promised to cooperate in the investigation, telling the Legislature to "hold me accountable." Lawmakers were investigating accusations she dismissed the state's public safety commissioner because he refused to fire her ex-brother-in-law, a state trooper. She now opposes the investigation

Werbung:
Palin properly gave up on the "investigation" because it's a politically-motivated witch hunt.

The news was just saying her husband was told to testify against her today but didn’t show up, none showed up except for the head of the committee. I thought husbands didn’t testify against wives, and what would he know about the workings of her job anyway.

I can’ remember the name of the obama bot up there but someone in the government said there would be an October surprise, and basically assured the committee would find against Palin.

I am not sure I would want to show up for that either. It’ really too bad they didn’t settle this stuff before she got the nomination. They would have been fairer to her.

Palin properly gave up on the "investigation" because it's a politically-motivated witch hunt.
No she gave up on the investigation because it became politically necessary for her own self protection at this time. In the meantime, what she has done is to flop on all of the things she has claimed to be about. Transparency, accountability, reform. Its a shame what the national political game will do to an otherwise alright person. :(

The news was just saying her husband was told to testify against her today but didn’t show up, none showed up except for the head of the committee. I thought husbands didn’t testify against wives, and what would he know about the workings of her job anyway.
Just to give you some insight, Todd has long been the muscle in the family, and does her dirty work, always has. But that doesnt matter, he defied a legislative subpeona in which he is a critical witness. His subpeona was issued by a vote of 4 Democrats and 8 Republicans.
Also, he is not being asked to testify against his wife, but towards his own personal involvement in the case, of which he personally and politically stepped way over the line.
I can’ remember the name of the obama bot up there but someone in the government said there would be an October surprise, and basically assured the committee would find against Palin.
Yeah just another Obamabot:rolleyes: This is a quote taken totally out of context by the McCain campaign which is now basically controlling the state government it appears. Lets look at the quote and see how off base this has become. Senator French said the report MIGHT produce an October surprise. It is also noted that GOP Rep. Ramas who is chair of the house judiciary committee said Palin should cooperate to avoid an "October Surprise"
This whole notion of it behing politically tainted comes from actions on behalf of the McCain/Palin/Bush team.
I am not sure I would want to show up for that either. It’ really too bad they didn’t settle this stuff before she got the nomination. They would have been fairer to her.
Wait a minute there, the various committees have given the Governor the utmost in consideration to cooperating. Taking into account her campaign activities and family life. The bi-partisan commission has been more than fair to Sarah and her Administration. It has been her uncooperation through outside influences that has caused this. It was known before she was nominated that this report was due in October. Both parties agree that the sooner the better so it wouldnt have a late effect and potentially unfair damaging on shortly before the election. Now it will be talked about for the next 8 weeks about how she said she would cooperate at the begining, but when it became politically to touchy of a subject her administration backed out.

Just to give you some insight, Todd has long been the muscle in the family, and does her dirty work, always has. But that doesnt matter, he defied a legislative subpeona in which he is a critical witness. His subpeona was issued by a vote of 4 Democrats and 8 Republicans.
Also, he is not being asked to testify against his wife, but towards his own personal involvement in the case, of which he personally and politically stepped way over the line.

Yeah just another Obamabot:rolleyes: This is a quote taken totally out of context by the McCain campaign which is now basically controlling the state government it appears. Lets look at the quote and see how off base this has become. Senator French said the report MIGHT produce an October surprise. It is also noted that GOP Rep. Ramas who is chair of the house judiciary committee said Palin should cooperate to avoid an "October Surprise"
This whole notion of it behing politically tainted comes from actions on behalf of the McCain/Palin/Bush team.

Wait a minute there, the various committees have given the Governor the utmost in consideration to cooperating. Taking into account her campaign activities and family life. The bi-partisan commission has been more than fair to Sarah and her Administration. It has been her uncooperation through outside influences that has caused this. It was known before she was nominated that this report was due in October. Both parties agree that the sooner the better so it wouldnt have a late effect and potentially unfair damaging on shortly before the election. Now it will be talked about for the next 8 weeks about how she said she would cooperate at the begining, but when it became politically to touchy of a subject her administration backed out.

Wow you did a great job of making Todd Palin sound like a Chicago thug. Man, they should arrest him. Keep the streets safe and make it look good for L. Obama all in the same act.

You keep saying 4 democrats and 8 republicans, but you don’t mention that many republicans are really pist off at her for going against other republicans. Many republicans still aren’t over it. Having an R behind your name doesn’t mean they are your friend.

Just have Todd Palin arrested for Chicago thug style behavior and that should help out the Obama ticket. You don’t want to have Sarah arrested because someone might look
Sympathetically towards her, best way to crush her and her family is arresting Todd Palin.

OH OH OH set the daughter up with crack and then do a huge news story that Sarah Palin's daughter is doing smack while pregnant and she learned it from her mother. Oh that could do it.

Obama might win Alaska after all :)

All of the witnesses called to testify in the investigation of her firing of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan, are refusing to do so at the direction of the McCain campaign because they dont want the truth coming out about Sarah and her vindictive actions concerning her ex-brother in law before the election.

Bunz, support that statement, or retract it. Provide PROOF that there is ANY attempt, on anyones part, to prevent the truth from coming out.

This is a column from the Alaska equivalent of Rush Limbaugh. An ultra right radio show host who has been squarely in the Palin camp since she took the Governors office.

LINK??? You say that he's "the Alaska equivalent of Rush Limbaugh", but he sounds more like Moron.Org or The HuffingBiotch Post.

What's the matter Bunz? You taking your lead from Poopeye and slopgumz?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it, and your boy Fagan is solidly in the pocket of the Oil Companies, and from what I've been able to discover thus far, has been for YEARS, and is wrecked out of the jamb because Palin held their feet to the fire, and killed their "sweetheart deals" that Murkowski gave them. AWWWW, poor babies, can't compete openly and fairly, so they send their attack machine out to smear and lie. That's cool, it doesn't matter anyway, because Palin had the right to fire anybody she wanted to, and for any reason she wanted to, or no reason whatsoever.

I guess everyone forgot about Clinton firing EVERY ONE of the 93 US District Attorneys.

But either way, we are talking about Palin in this thread. Please keep it on topic. The issue here is possible abuse of power by the VP Candidate during her time as Alaska Governor.

BILL CLINTON....93 US ATTORNEYS!

It is about her initial welcoming of the investigation, and then stone walling it for nothing but political purposes, or to evade politically damaging and embarrassing information coming out, especially before the November election. When it was agreed before she was named to the GOP ticket that October would be the target date for the indpendent investigators report.

No it's not, it's about a DEAD SUBJECT being resurrected by the Looney Left in an effort to make something out of nothing in an effort to try to smear her for exercising her Executive discretion.

Let me clarify things a bit here. Firstly, shooting the moose "illegally" was dealt with. But it is fair to note that his ex wife (Sarah's sister) is the one who had the permit. She for some reason didnt shoot the moose in question(I have heard she was gun shy, but that is besides the point). So her husband did. It was not made an issue of until there was a nasty divorce and political gameswomanship involved. Either way, Wooten readily admitted to it, and was punished including a 5 day suspension without pay that will never leave his personnel record.
As for tasering the kid, there was no electricty involved. It was set on the training mode, it was done at the repeated requests of the 10 year old. Now dont get me wrong, it was a bone headed thing to do, and I dont condone it a bit. That issue was also dealt with.
Lastly, the drinking on the job, that has never been proven and is at this point a baseless accusation.

Let me get this right, everything ILLEGAL that Wooten did "has been dealt with" or "has never been proven" so according to you it's "much ado about nothing", and the fact that there is absolutely NO proof that Moneghans dismissal was in any way related to Wooten is somehow relevent to ANYTHING is a legitimate point of discussion.........HOW?

Let me get this right, everything ILLEGAL that Wooten did "has been dealt with" or "has never been proven" so according to you it's "much ado about nothing", and the fact that there is absolutely NO proof that Moneghans dismissal was in any way related to Wooten is somehow relevent to ANYTHING is a legitimate point of discussion.........HOW?

Palin is in L. Obama's way. Get used to this because they will drag her and her family through the mud and through fire if they have to. it never matters if a dem did it too and it was always ok when the dem did it.

this is serious stuff. Palin must go down so L. Obama can rise up and these are the tactics to make that happen.

Palin is in L. Obama's way. Get used to this because they will drag her and her family through the mud and through fire if they have to. it never matters if a dem did it too and it was always ok when the dem did it.

this is serious stuff. Palin must go down so L. Obama can rise up and these are the tactics to make that happen.

Yup, and all it's doing is proving exactly how weak Barry Hussein really is! The fact that so many of the Libs are spending sooooo much time going after Palin merely demonstrates that they don't have jack on McCain. Frankly, their despiration is absolutely HILARIOUS!!

Yup, and all it's doing is proving exactly how weak Barry Hussein really is! The fact that so many of the Libs are spending sooooo much time going after Palin merely demonstrates that they don't have jack on McCain. Frankly, their despiration is absolutely HILARIOUS!!

From what I can tell the more they attack Palin the better it is for the McCain / Palin ticket so I say let the fists fly.

It’s sad for the Palin family but it’s the price that must be paid

And your right they have nothing on McCain so they attack Palin, but also they attack Palin because it’s when she stepped in that L. Obama did more than the slow but constant decline, he fell fast. That is what has them so upset. If she really were the person they make her out to be they would be glad because that would be better for them. It’s because she is not the monster they make her out to be that they are looking so desperate and lashing out.

And I find it comical

From what I can tell the more they attack Palin the better it is for the McCain / Palin ticket so I say let the fists fly.

It’s sad for the Palin family but it’s the price that must be paid

And your right they have nothing on McCain so they attack Palin, but also they attack Palin because it’s when she stepped in that L. Obama did more than the slow but constant decline, he fell fast. That is what has them so upset. If she really were the person they make her out to be they would be glad because that would be better for them. It’s because she is not the monster they make her out to be that they are looking so desperate and lashing out.

And I find it comical

Yup, they're already morphing from BDS to PDS, and sooner or later they'll get around to MDS. Regardless of what letter comes first, they're still deranged.

Werbung:
I know Ed Shultz was up in Alaska doing his show and the people up there seem to dislike a lot about Palin. In fact the tax on the Oil Companies for the kick back checks to the residents is about the only good thing they said about her.

And this Troopergate thing is huge up there.

Plus Palin's good buddy Senator Stevens has his jury picked... won't be long till he's toast!

Shultz had a head count done at the rallies for and against Palin. The Palin side said 2000 at hers... Shultz had people there that counted 400 and something, almost 500, and that included the Wasilla High School Band.

The almost 2000 was actually at the anti-Palin rally!

Back