1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Turkey's PM banned birth control???

Discussion in 'Culture & Religion' started by Zanna, May 31, 2016.

1. Zanna

Zanna Well-Known Member

Erdogan made a speech at a humanitarian summit in Istanbul, where he said that:

for more abbrassive comments by the Turkish PM, look here: https://www.rt.com/news/344843-erdogan-muslim-birth-control/

2. dogtowner

dogtowner Moderator Staff Member

Be fruitful and multiply.
    Not really a unique idea.

3. Gnostic Christian Bishop

Gnostic Christian Bishop Well-Known Member

Rather a dumb statement given that the world population is heading for 10 billion while we screw up the environment that will be needed to sustain it.

No contraception = people shooting themselves in the foot.

Regards
    DL

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I think banning birth control isn't the right move, in fact I think that's pretty messed up. I'm no academic or scholar, just an ordinary woman who thinks that having the right to birth control taken away from you isn't exactly fair. Sure there are other forms of BC but I feel like the pill really gives a woman the confidence that they have control over their own reproductive system. Taking that away seems like a slap in the face to women if you ask me.