Turkey's PM banned birth control???

Zanna

Erdogan made a speech at a humanitarian summit in Istanbul, where he said that:

“We will multiply our descendants. They talk about population planning, birth control. No Muslim family can have such an approach,” Reuters cited Erdogan as saying in a live-broadcast speech in Istanbul on Monday. “Nobody can interfere in God's work. The first duty here belongs to mothers.”

for more abbrassive comments by the Turkish PM, look here: https://www.******/news/344843-erdogan-muslim-birth-control/

Werbung:
Rather a dumb statement given that the world population is heading for 10 billion while we screw up the environment that will be needed to sustain it.

No contraception = people shooting themselves in the foot.

Regards
DL

Werbung:
I think banning birth control isn't the right move, in fact I think that's pretty messed up. I'm no academic or scholar, just an ordinary woman who thinks that having the right to birth control taken away from you isn't exactly fair. Sure there are other forms of BC but I feel like the pill really gives a woman the confidence that they have control over their own reproductive system. Taking that away seems like a slap in the face to women if you ask me.

Back