U.N. Human Right's Council bans free speech, supports islam

Meistro

"The U.N. Human Rights Council (how exactly are countries such as Cuba, China and countless other countries without free elections allowed to tell other countries they are committing human rights abuses?) recently passed a resolution urging for the global prohibition of the defamation of religion, or more specifically of Islam.

Freedom of speech is not an absolute; you are not allowed to yell 'Fire' in a crowded theater because it is a danger to other people. What exactly constitutes defamation? Let's look to the words of the U.N. Council itself.

Freedom of expression "may ... be subject to limitations as provided by law and necessary for respect of the rights or reputations of others ... or morals and respect for religions and beliefs."

Well, U.N., I've got something to say to you. I don't take no guff from useless, bloated, corrupted, asylum ran by the inmates NGO's and I certainly don't like it when they think they can toy with my freedom of speech. Aren't there genocides you should be arriving on the scene years too late for?"

- Child Of Reason
http://childofreason.blogspot.com/

Can a Human Rights Council that is led by countries infamous for abusing human rights (Cuba, China as well as several African and Islamic nations) ever possibly have any claim to legitimacy? What are some of the consequences of a resolution prohibiting 'defamation' of religion? At what point do you separate defamation and criticism? And what about free speech?

Werbung:
Back