U.S. expects big drop in oil imports

Andy

Despite the recent drop in crude prices, the rising cost of a barrel of oil will boost the use of renewable energy and help slow greenhouse gas emissions.

Despite the recent rout in oil prices, the government expects crude to shoot back up over the long term. That is expected to result in a drastic drop in oil imports and a greater use of renewable energy.

Oil imports - which currently make up 60% of all the oil consumed in the U.S. - should drop to about 40%, the Energy Information Administration said in its long-term energy outlook on Tuesday.

The drop will largely be the result of higher oil prices encouraging conservation and an expanded use of home-grown biofuels.

What this should show to everyone, is how one-sided the news media is. Oil just dropped to less than $40 a barrel, and here they are spouting off doom and gloom, and $130/barrel oil. It even has a video titled "Stuck paying more for Oil". Heck my last months gasoline bill was $27.86 for my big ol Buick V8. I'm sooooo stuck. Oh the horrors. Whatever shall I do...

Well for starters, I'll read the mass media news even less. The only way they know for sure we'll be paying $130 a barrel is by printing money and causing massive inflation like in Zimbabwe. Which they are doing....

Werbung:
The media in general are very far to the left. The liberals are always Doom and Gloom.
Don`t ever believe it. I do believe that we need to start drilling here in the USA as soon as possible. But look what we elected. It might be a while. So goes the world,
hang in there.

Back