UK adopts Sharia Law

Werbung:
boo hoo Muslims can have civil law under there own religion rather then that forced on them by Christians..the horror.

Uh, they had this before hand if they both agreed to it...

The problem here is that it sets up a "parallel" justice system that can work to undermine British common law. For example, under Sharia law, men are more favorably treated than women, which is a society such a Britain should cause problems, especially if these decisions are binding by the British High Court.

That said, there is a lot of opposition to it, and it could be done away with.

Further, your post seems to indicate that you are in favor or religion inserting itself into decision making of the government. Using your logic, I can create a religion, and create a set of laws for my religion, and then demand a court be set up to enforce my own laws. In a secular society, this should not be an option.

I'm not a Muslim, and I don't like organsied religion, but if this only has restriction over Muslims, then its really not that much of an issue, as long as it does not take prominence over the law of the land. If they want to take financial and time strains off our justice system to sort out the affairs statement (financial, marriage, domestic violence) then so be it. Try and think rationally all you islamophobes, its not ideal, but its not the end of the West.

Not to mention, its actually a legally sound system: Sheikh Faiz-ul-Aqtab Siddiqi, whose Muslim Arbitration Tribunal runs the courts, said he had taken advantage of a clause in the Arbitration Act 1996.

Under the act, the sharia courts are classified as arbitration tribunals. The rulings of arbitration tribunals are binding in law, provided that both parties in the dispute agree to give it the power to rule on their case.

Siddiqi said: “We realised that under the Arbitration Act we can make rulings which can be enforced by county and high courts. The act allows disputes to be resolved using alternatives like tribunals. This method is called alternative dispute resolution, which for Muslims is what the sharia courts are.”

boo hoo Muslims can have civil law under there own religion rather then that forced on them by Christians..the horror.
......perhaps you did not read the article but I think the point is (like most developments in the UK) it has no basis in British Law, however, Government is allowing these inroads to be made via the backdoor so to speak (piggy backing off other legislation) without proper consultation or considering the ramifications.

We have experience of this already in UK law where European Law and Legal Tests now trump UK law. Okay that's not to say that this could happen in this instance but one has to consider both the political and legal side of these descisions in order to avoid the Law of Unintended Consequences which has happened since adoption of the European Laws governing Human Rights.

Whilst certain aspects of Sharia are relatively benign it is the gradual creep that could be the problem. A precedent has now been set thus what other aspects of Sharia could be adopted? Thats the material point Pocket not just some hysterical emotional discharge about "the friggin Mooslims" as you suggest!

You may also wish to question why 3rd generation immigrants have not integrated to the extent that UK rule of Law is sufficient to cover their legal needs. Afterall we have many different faith groups represented within the UK and accomodating all their specific legal desires would become a bit difficult to handle especially if we have voodoo worshipers slashing the throats of Goats on Clapham common!

Did the US maintain native American law or impose their own when they stole the land off the people who had helped them?

I'm not a Muslim, and I don't like organsied religion, but if this only has restriction over Muslims, then its really not that much of an issue, as long as it does not take prominence over the law of the land. If they want to take financial and time strains off our justice system to sort out the affairs statement (financial, marriage, domestic violence) then so be it. Try and think rationally all you islamophobes, its not ideal, but its not the end of the West.

Not to mention, its actually a legally sound system: Sheikh Faiz-ul-Aqtab Siddiqi, whose Muslim Arbitration Tribunal runs the courts, said he had taken advantage of a clause in the Arbitration Act 1996.

Under the act, the sharia courts are classified as arbitration tribunals. The rulings of arbitration tribunals are binding in law, provided that both parties in the dispute agree to give it the power to rule on their case.

Siddiqi said: “We realised that under the Arbitration Act we can make rulings which can be enforced by county and high courts. The act allows disputes to be resolved using alternatives like tribunals. This method is called alternative dispute resolution, which for Muslims is what the sharia courts are.”

Today its Christmas and Easter that might offend a Muslim in your country. What happens when your law offends them and they want everyone to go to their law? Just like Christianity, Muslims believe in spreading Islam. They are compelled to make the entire world Islam eventually. I think it’s dangerous what your government is doing. But it’s your country and so I don’t really have a right to complain about it except for the idea of it spreading here.

No Obamanation, you need to be careful with your generalizations. I have Muslim friends who have absoloutley no intention of spreading Islam to me or anyone else for that matter - it is simply personal faith.

I don't like, want or plan to EVER EVER obey sharia law, but as long as it doesn't effect anyone who doesn't want to be effected by it, hey, thats more freedom for everyone. You seem to only want freedom if its "your type" of freedom - and thats not really freedom.

Werbung:
I agree religion has no place in the law of the land, but if Muslims wish to govern themselves with Sharia law, so be it, as long as they are still accountable to the law of the land and I, as a non-muslim, am not accountable under Sharia law for diddly ****ing squat.

Back