UK college drops Easter ...

Werbung:
I hope this is not offending to the people here who live in the UK but

what the heck is going on in your country? How did it happen and more importantly how can we keep it from happening in the United States of America

Yes, it is political correctness gone mad, but your not a very good Christian if you need to have those dates in your planner are you?

Easter celebrates a man dying and then 3 days later coming back to life and then flying off to heaven.

How could anyone want to give up celebrating something as obviously factual as that?

Yes, it is political correctness gone mad, but your not a very good Christian if you need to have those dates in your planner are you?

In the UK do only Christians celebrate those holidays? I grew up with atheists and we always celebrated them. No one ever mentioned Jesus unless they were cussing but we had a tree and presents and at Easter we had ham and dressed up, though we never went to church or anything.

Funny I grew up and got all religious or spiritual or what ever I am. It’s not a Christian though it’s similar. But I wouldn’t touch those pagan holidays with a ten foot pole :) My whole family still celebrates them and they don’t believe in what they are "said" to stand for. I think they would be flippin mad if someone decided to not mention them to keep Muslims from being offended.

In the UK do only Christians celebrate those holidays?
......Hi Mate - interesting that you use the word "celebrate"!

Christmas to your normal UK working lag would be something along the lines of....."errmmm....yeah Christmas...ermmm day off init!....oh yeah init somat to do wiv god or somefink!"

So no in general we don't "celebrate" Christmas nor do we "celebrate" Easter! In true British style we descend into some grotesque bachannalian orgy of eating and drinking! :D:cool:

In the UK do only Christians celebrate those holidays? I grew up with atheists and we always celebrated them. No one ever mentioned Jesus unless they were cussing but we had a tree and presents and at Easter we had ham and dressed up, though we never went to church or anything.

Yeah, atheists celebrate them, but as scotsman says, only so we can swap presents and get drunk.

Hardly anybody celebrates these holidays for religious reasons

It is time off work and an opportunity for drinking.

Who cares what they call them?

This is because when countries stop forcing you to be religious and you are left to choose for yourself millions of people exercise reason and reject religion for the superstitious nonesense that it is.

.... and Christmas, lest they offend any islamofascists thereabouts.

http://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/...rences-to-easter-and-christmas-from-calendar/

Here in the People's Republic of Eugene Our school district has long ago dropped the Christmas and Easter Vacation. We call it winter and spring break, and last year they forgot to put Christmas Day on the block for Dec 25th. Of course they did not forget ramadon or any other Muslim holiday. Kawanza??? how do you spell that. It was just scrubbed clean of Christan terms.

I think if people are really going to be accepting then they have to accept it all, including Christianity. But I dont see that happening

I think that it means a lot more to American Christians. But my family always got drunk and hit eachother during these festive times :)

Is christmas and easter official paid holidays in the UK?

Of couse American Christians will... they are Christians. What do American atheists feel? Probably the same as British atheists, a time for presents, family and maybe not to the same extent as binge drinking Britain, boooooze!

Of couse American Christians will... they are Christians. What do American atheists feel? Probably the same as British atheists, a time for presents, family and maybe not to the same extent as binge drinking Britain, boooooze!

I strove to instill moral values within my family! I strove to steer them away from the deadly perils of hard liquor and sloth and gluttony and lead them down the righteous path as laid by JEEEEUS! I strove to lead them into the light of eternal love and sit at the table of the discipals and share in the love of JEEESUS and to sup of the wine of life and nibble upon the loaf of redemption!

I strove to bring up my children to respect the world around them and to respect the teachings in the good book and to turn away from the path of SIN and IMMORALITY!!!!! To SHUN the VILE temptations of the DEVIL and his pointy prongy trident weilding miniony thingy creatures!!!!

Bugger I failed.....miserably :D.......cheers........

Werbung:
I strove to instill moral values within my family! I strove to steer them away from the deadly perils of hard liquor and sloth and gluttony and lead them down the righteous path as laid by JEEEEUS! I strove to lead them into the light of eternal love and sit at the table of the discipals and share in the love of JEEESUS and to sup of the wine of life and nibble upon the loaf of redemption!

I strove to bring up my children to respect the world around them and to respect the teachings in the good book and to turn away from the path of SIN and IMMORALITY!!!!! To SHUN the VILE temptations of the DEVIL and his pointy prongy trident weilding miniony thingy creatures!!!!

Bugger I failed.....miserably :D.......cheers........

That is so funny, my mom tried to bring me up with solid atheistic values, she was/is a true blue democrat. She raised us all with this belief. Aborting your kids is a right all women should have, the rich owe the poor, and government is your friend and will bail you out exc. exc.

It worked for all the kids before me but it failed miserably with me. Not sure she will ever forgive me for it either

Back