Up to 2 million people at Tea Party in Washington DC

Little-Acorn

Every little bit helps.

------------------------------------------------

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...-Obamas-spending-tea-party-demonstration.html

Up to two million march to US Capitol to protest against Obama's spending in 'tea-party' demonstration

By Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 9:39 PM on 12th September 2009

Up to two million people marched to the U.S. Capitol today, carrying signs with slogans such as "Obamacare makes me sick" as they protested the president's health care plan and what they say is out-of-control spending.
The line of protesters spread across Pennsylvania Avenue for blocks, all the way to the capitol, according to the Washington Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency.

People were chanting "enough, enough" and "We the People." Others yelled "You lie, you lie!" and "Pelosi has to go," referring to California congresswoman Nancy Pelosi.

Demonstrators waved U.S. flags and held signs reading "Go Green Recycle Congress" and "I'm Not Your ATM." Men wore colonial costumes as they listened to speakers who warned of "judgment day" - Election Day 2010.

Richard Brigle, 57, a Vietnam War veteran and former Teamster, came from Michigan. He said health care needs to be reformed - but not according to President Barack Obama's plan.

"My grandkids are going to be paying for this. It's going to cost too much money that we don't have," he said while marching, bracing himself with a wooden cane as he walked.

FreedomWorks Foundation, a conservative organization led by former House of Representatives Majority Leader Dick Armey, organized several groups from across the country for what they billed as a "March on Washington."

Organizers say they built on momentum from the April "tea party" demonstrations held nationwide to protest tax policies, along with growing resentment over the economic stimulus packages and bank bailouts.

Many protesters said they paid their own way to the event - an ethic they believe should be applied to the government.

They say unchecked spending on things like a government-run health insurance option could increase inflation and lead to economic ruin.

Terri Hall, 45, of Florida, said she felt compelled to become political for the first time this year because she was upset by government spending.

"Our government has lost sight of the powers they were granted," she said. She added that the deficit spending was out of control, and said she thought it was putting the country at risk.

Anna Hayes, 58, a nurse from Fairfax County, stood on the Mall in 1981 for Reagan's inauguration. "The same people were celebrating freedom," she said. "The president was fighting for the people then. I remember those years very well and fondly."

Saying she was worried about "Obamacare," Hayes explained: "This is the first rally I've been to that demonstrates against something, the first in my life. I just couldn't stay home anymore."

Werbung:
BS...there were approximately 60-70,000 according to the the DC Fire Dept.

Though the teabaggers daddy, FreedomWorks, did try to inflate the figures.

But yesterday, someone told a real whopper. ABC News, citing the DC fire department, reported that between 60,000 and 70,000 people had attended the tea party rally at the Capitol. By the time this figure reached Michelle Malkin, however, it had been blown up to 2,000,000. There is a big difference, obviously, between 70,000 and 2,000,000. That's not a twofold or threefold exaggeration -- it's roughly a thirtyfold exaggeration.

The way this false estimate came into being is relatively simple: Matt Kibbe, the president of FreedomWorks, lied, claiming that ABC News had reported numbers of between 1.0 and 1.5 million when they never did anything of the sort. A few tweets later, the numbers had been exaggerated still further to 2 million. Kibbe wasn't "in error", as Malkin gently puts it. He lied. He did the equivalent of telling people that his penis is 53 inches long

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2009/09/size-matters-so-do-lies.html

Face it Popeye, the 'right wing nut jobs' on here are as qualified to count heads as they are to 'quote the truth' and we all know how that has gone down the 'TOILET' since the NOVEMBER ELECTION...LMAO
You've seen the pictures posted, you've seen the crowds.

Now here's the parks' department diagram they use to calculate attendance. and yes. People were back to the Washington Monument.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-01-19-crowd_N.htm

Quit being a hater and join the movement :)

You've seen the pictures posted, you've seen the crowds.

Now here's the parks' department diagram they use to calculate attendance. and yes. People were back to the Washington Monument.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2009-01-19-crowd_N.htm

Quit being a hater and join the movement :)

Here's what a couple million look like at Obama's inauguration, compared to the 60,000 little teabaggers

ComparisonObamaInaugTeabaggerProtes.jpg

Here's another view of what REAL big crowd looks like:

ObamaInauguration2009.jpg

Why do the teabaggers feel it's necessary to lie about the size of the crowd? ...are they really that insecure?

Popeye your two top pictures of are two diff. things so you cant really compare them

I am sure there were far more at obamas deal, hell they were bussing them in like crazy

I dont care if it were 6000 there the other day, I am just glad people are standing up and saying enough

Popeye your two top pictures of are two diff. things so you cant really compare them

I am sure there were far more at obamas deal, hell they were bussing them in like crazy

I dont care if it were 6000 there the other day, I am just glad people are standing up and saying enough
Look at the picture of the Rally Popeye picks. Is Popeye working for the Main Stream Media.. twisting the truth is pretty common for those reporters.

Estimates are over 450,00 upwards to 1.2 million. That's because the DC police are not coming out and stating it officially.

It's just hard for liberals to realize that these Americans are actually protesting. I guess since its not a "liberal moment" it pisses the left off a bit.

The DC Park Service has been quoted as 1.2 million. Even if not, it's way more than 60k to 70k. You would have to be on dope to look at all the film footage and photos and believe that.

http://www.examiner.com/x-20909-Columbia-Independent-Examiner~y2009m9d13-As-many-as-2-million-protestors-attend-912-Washington-DC-Tea-Party-Rally60000.

Get a life... Get a cause.. quit being so bitter.

Maybe you can't figure it out...but the rest of America can :rolleyes:
Count the number of people per sq feet...same Washington Mall different camera angles...totally different head counts.

I know, I know that math is hard to follow when you're brain washed with 'non-facts' and B.S. 'right wing nut job lies' {and we know how much you rely on the TRUTH :D:D }...but Popeye's photos prove his statement. But continue to live in DENIAL ;)

Maybe you can't figure it out...but the rest of America can :rolleyes:
Count the number of people per sq feet...same Washington Mall different camera angles...totally different head counts.

I know, I know that math is hard to follow when you're brain washed with 'non-facts' and B.S. 'right wing nut job lies' {and we know how much you rely on the TRUTH :D:D }...but Popeye's photos prove his statement. But continue to live in DENIAL ;)
Look at the picture of the rally on Popeyes post again. See the time 12:56 P.T. That was 9:56am eastern time.

Like I said.. he had to go out and find a picture to support his views.. There are plenty of pictures and videos that support the facts.. They have been posted here

Dance around the truth if you must, but it won't change the facts. Libs are just pissed because it's not there "massive" turnout in Washington.

boo hoo! cry me a freakin river!

Hey,. I got an idea. Maybe all the libs on the site could call their sugar daddy George Sors and ask him for some money to make some pretty signs and put some ads in craigslist so they can form a rally on ...
wait they don't stand for anything. just against.

Sorry

Look at the picture of the rally on Popeyes post again. See the time 12:56 P.T. That was 9:56am eastern time.

Like I said.. he had to go out and find a picture to support his views.. There are plenty of pictures and videos that support the facts.. They have been posted here

Dance around the truth if you must, but it won't change the facts. Libs are just pissed because it's not there "massive" turnout in Washington.

boo hoo! cry me a freakin river!

You must enjoy that feeling of obscure insanity :eek:...the pictures were of the Inauguration...comparing people per event...not the time of day...DUFFUS Are you and ANSUR related...like Siamese twins???

We'll I'd rather be right, like Ansur than wrong like you.

Here's a picture of people trying to get to the Mall. As NBC news said, they closed down Pennsylvania avenue.

You gettin' the picture yet.

[
live912.jpg

The city was in no way prepared for this turn out, so of course, it took longer for people to get to the event.

But then again, that's why Popey chose such a convenient pic. When there were plenty of pictures he could have chosen.

Werbung:
This is a good link.

It shows pictures of how clean the 9/12 demonstators oeft the grounds clean after the 9/12 march as opposed to the filth left behind after the Obama Inauguration.

Amazing. huh?

wow what a difference.

I remember when they threw a ton of flags away after one of the obama rallys, normally it was not a problem since flags were not part of them but after someone pointed out there were few flags at the rallys someone brought in a boat load for people to wave then they threw them in the trash and the boy scouts had to fish them out and re use them.

I did not know about the trash they left after the immaculate conception celebration of obama.

Back