UPS pulls advertising from BillO the Clown show

Popeye

This has to with BillO's recent harassment and stalking of Think Progress managing editor Amanda Terkel....and while it's not sexual in nature like his obscene phone calls to Andrea Makris, it reached a point in which Think Progress had sent correspondence to all the sponsors of the BillO show with UPS the first to pull advertising. UPS sent this letter to Think Progress:

"Thank you for sending an e-mail expressing concern about UPS advertising during the Bill O’Reilly show on FOX News. We do consider such comments as we review ad placement decisions which involve a variety of news, entertainment and sports programming. At this time, we have no plans to continue advertising during this show."

Here's Keith Olbermann talking to Amanda about BillO this past week:

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/03/27/ups-oreilly/

Werbung:
UPS is a supporter of Open Borders and Amnesty for Illegals... You should push MSNBC to go after all the FOX advertisers who support Open Borders and Amnesty for Illegals... I'd be glad to help with that one! I'm all about punishing corporations that stand against us enforcing our laws and protecting our borders.

The O’Reilly Factor —3,121,000 viewers
Countdown w/Keith Overbite —1,475,000 viewers

If the seething ball of hate Keith Overbite is relevent, he's only half as relevent as Bill O'Reilly.

UPS is a supporter of Open Borders and Amnesty for Illegals... You should push MSNBC to go after all the FOX advertisers who support Open Borders and Amnesty for Illegals... I'd be glad to help with that one! I'm all about punishing corporations that stand against us enforcing our laws and protecting our borders.

If the seething ball of hate Keith Overbite is relevent, he's only half as relevent as Bill O'Reilly.

I believe we've been over this before...ratings are not indicative of quality. Anyway, BillO and Faux appeal to only one particular political ideology, while MSNBC and CNN are forced to split the remaining normal viewers. However the combination of the 2 almost always beats out Faux..

UPS is a great company, they are Deeply Rooted in Going Green

Yeah.....O'Lielly's quite the History Major.

:rolleyes:

Wow the highest rated prime time cable news show (out of the 3 top rated which are all on fox) lost one sponsor. Oh no the sky is falling.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jeEr_9iwtdieF9FQS0td-iGANTgQD976K4IG2

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 3,420,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,987,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,374,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,160,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 1,940,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,888,000
MSNBC OLBERMANN 1,322,000
CNNHN GRACE 1,300,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,208,000
CNN KING 1,144,000
CNN COOPER 1,118,000

Hey.....I never suggested that ignorance doesn't pay.

Dead-O-Heads are proof of THAT!!!

I see so nearly 15 million people a night are completely ignorant, and it can't be because they are seeing something on these shows that is missing on others? Like difficult questions, facts, and substance. As far as ignorance paying off....I think it has....look at the last presidential election. Ignorance to fact clearly held up their, and thus we have our President.:rolleyes:

I see so nearly 15 million people a night are completely ignorant, and it can't be because they are seeing something on these shows that is missing on others? Like difficult questions, facts, and substance. As far as ignorance paying off....I think it has....look at the last presidential election. Ignorance to fact clearly held up their, and thus we have our President.:rolleyes:

A Rasmussen Poll taken last August showed that 87% of Faux News viewers already planned to vote for McCain. This has nothing to do with "difficult questions, facts, and substance" it has to do with virtually all the Republicans gravitating towards Faux, while the rest of the cable news watching electorate split the remaining channels....giving Faux News the higher ratings.

Hey.....I never suggested that ignorance doesn't pay.

Dead-O-Heads are proof of THAT!!!
Combined non fox - around 6 mill
Combined fox around 14.5 mil

I wonder why that is. People are tired of only hearing one side of the story. Anyone and everyone knows that no one- not even Obama and his minions - are perfect. So when the leftist channels have no tough questions, or only paint Obama in a good way, it makes them think. hmmmm how can it be? A perfect President? Really?

Combined non fox - around 6 mill
Combined fox around 14.5 mil

You want to give me a link to support that? Meanwhile, here's one that says you're wrong:

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/

You will notice that sometimes Faux defeats the combination of MSNBC and CNN, sometimes not, dependent upon the hour.

And check this out, MSNBC showing a primetime growth of 217% over the same period 4 years ago

PrimeTime_3.26.bmp

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...ANTgQD976K4IG2

FOXNEWS BECK 2,374,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,160,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 1,940,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,888,000
CNNHN GRACE 1,300,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,208,000
CNN KING 1,144,000
CNN COOPER 1,118,000

Now.. just add up the numbers.

Not hour by hour, but total viewership.

FOXNEWS BECK 2,374,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,160,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 1,940,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,888,000
CNNHN GRACE 1,300,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,208,000
CNN KING 1,144,000
CNN COOPER 1,118,000

You can't just add up the numbers, because many of the viewers that watch Hannity are the same ones who watched BillO...therefore it's not a total.

Here's a much more accurate representation:

TotalDay_3.27.bmp

You can see, that in all day total viewers, Faux and the combination of CNN and MSNBC are about equal.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/

FOXNEWS BECK 2,374,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 2,160,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 1,940,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 1,888,000
CNNHN GRACE 1,300,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,208,000
CNN KING 1,144,000
CNN COOPER 1,118,000

WOW Olbermann actually beats out Nancy Grace? I am shocked! At least its not by much

Werbung:

Real reason for those numbers: O'Reilly and the pin heads who believe in him go by numbers created by all his show runs totaled together on any particular day... he's not just on at one time.

If Keith Olberman were on as much he'd be doing similar numbers. And the great thing is in slot to slot match ups he beat Bill'O the clown quite often.;)

As far as UPS I guess the question for the American people was... What can Brown do for you? And they answered... Dump Bill'O the clown, sure!:D

Back