US ambassador 'killed in Libya'. US consulate Benghazi stormed. 4 US officials "dead"

Peter Dow

BBC: US ambassador 'killed in Libya'
The US ambassador to Libya has died after being attacked by militiamen storming the US consulate in the eastern city of Benghazi, reports say.

I am shocked and horrified at this if it is confirmed and my sincere condolences to our American friends and loved ones.

This incident confirms my concerns that diplomatic missions in "war-on-terror" countries are not being properly secured by being located in a properly secured and defended military bases.

This reminds me of the storming of a UN base in Mazar-e-Sharif when 7 UN workers were killed in April 2011. The guy responsible at the time for UN security - Gregory B. Starr, the United Nations Under-Secretary-General for Safety and Security, is an American who used to be employed as the person responsible for the security of US diplomatic bases.

I have further concerns that the US & NATO countries' military these days lack the military knowledge and competence even to able to secure our military bases. Bases can't be properly secured in or near an urban area. You need a security zone of cleared and controlled ground of at least 6 miles, but 10 miles is better, around a military base to keep enemy fire from rockets and mortars out of range.

If you don't control the ground around a base this happens - 3 were killed at Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan yesterday.

Afghanistan Attacks: Insurgents Attack Bagram Air Base

KABUL, Afghanistan -- Afghan insurgents bombarded a U.S. base and destroyed a NATO helicopter, killing three Afghan intelligence employees, officials said Tuesday. There were also NATO personnel aboard and wounded, the coalition said without providing further details.

We've been at war in Afghanistan for nearly 11 years now and still the US and NATO military are operating out of insecure bases! Our supply routes in Afghanistan have never been secured and recently a decision by NATO-ISAF (commanded by a US general) was taken to close bases along the main highways in Afghanistan making the roads even more insecure.

The military and security leaders we are depending on to keep our personnel safe during this war on terror are incompetent and our diplomats would be well advised to have no faith in them. If I was a diplomat in a country with security problems I would quit and come home until we get proper military and security people in charge.

So there is a pattern here of incompetence at the very highest levels of leadership in the United States, NATO and the United Nations.

The people in charge are incompetent and this is very serious folks. We need urgent action to get competent people in post. We need a shake up at the highest levels of government on the military and security side especially. This can't be allowed to go on.

Werbung:
Two embassies attacked (an act of war) on the anniversary of 9/11 and our Presidents initial response was to apologize. Obama's Carter moment.

See what happens when you help liberate a county? I hope the voters will reconize just what kind of president Barrack Obama is. I want Mitt Romney add this part of negitive advertising. Obama doesnt know how to communicate with the world. All he does is apologize to the world and liberate it.

According to a Washington Post report, the protesters "said they were demonstrating against anti-Islamic attitudes in the United States and an alleged film in the U.S. that insulted the Prophet Mohammed."

How did the United States respond?

"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims --"

THIS IS CLEARLY AN APOLOGETIC STATEMENT!

Here is the statement released Tuesday by the U.S. embassy, in its entirety:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/radic...omney-speaks-out/article/2507674#.UFC-AFHqfIU

OH!!! Isn't the Arab Spring wonderful???:confused:

And who is the media attacking, but Mitt Romney for his critical comments of BO. How could Mitt play politics with this terrible event??? So says the lib media and D politicans.

We all KNOW Ds and their media NEVER play politics with terrible events.....:rolleyes:

Obama has ordered "heightened security" and the story so far is that means 50 more marines are on the way to Libya. That's an inadequate response.

It's not enough to "order heightened security" if by that you mean ordering the same incompetent fools currently in charge of security to continue in post but to try to do a proper job this time despite still having no idea what to do.

The President should -
  • Sack and replace the Secretary of Defense (Panetta) with someone who will sack incompetent generals and appoint competent ones
  • Sack and replace the Secretary of State (Clinton) with someone who will sack incompetent security officials and appoint competent ones
  • Close all vulnerable diplomatic embassies and consulates in countries with a war-on-terror connection, with an armed jihadi terrorist groups threat
  • Establish new secure embassies and consulates within new or existing military bases
  • Site new military bases for the embassies / consulates in rural areas where the land for 6 to 10 miles around the embassy can be occupied and controlled
  • Site about 60 defensive machine-gun posts 1000 metre / 1000 yard intervals around a circumference at a radius of 6 miles from the base,
  • Surround the machine gun posts with barbed wire and vehicle barriers
  • Man the 60 machine guns, 3 men per gun, 24/7 with a force of about 540 marines per base,
  • Vastly increase the size of the Marine Security Guard from the small force now of about 1000 to the many thousands of marines it will take to secure all the new bases
Sorry "ordering heightened security" simply doesn't cut it.

Now it's being rumored that the film that supposedly sparked these embassy attacks was infact a plant. While people are out calling for Pastor Terry Jones' head, he didn't make the film. It's was reported that the film was made by a Coptic Christian, and then a Jew who received $5 million from Jewish donors to make the film. But if you watch the trailer, it's a low grade high school level you tube video. Now we find out from someone who says they know who made it, and he isn't Jewish and is using a psuedo name.

Who made this film and for what purpose?

Obama has ordered "heightened security" and the story so far is that means 50 more marines are on the way to Libya. That's an inadequate response.

It's not enough to "order heightened security" if by that you mean ordering the same incompetent fools currently in charge of security to continue in post but to try to do a proper job this time despite still having no idea what to do.

The President should -
  • Sack and replace the Secretary of Defense (Panetta) with someone who will sack incompetent generals and appoint competent ones
  • Sack and replace the Secretary of State (Clinton) with someone who will sack incompetent security officials and appoint competent ones
  • Close all vulnerable diplomatic embassies and consulates in countries with a war-on-terror connection, with an armed jihadi terrorist groups threat
  • Establish new secure embassies and consulates within new or existing military bases
  • Site new military bases for the embassies / consulates in rural areas where the land for 6 to 10 miles around the embassy can be occupied and controlled
  • Site about 60 defensive machine-gun posts 1000 metre / 1000 yard intervals around a circumference at a radius of 6 miles from the base,
  • Surround the machine gun posts with barbed wire and vehicle barriers
  • Man the 60 machine guns, 3 men per gun, 24/7 with a force of about 540 marines per base,
  • Vastly increase the size of the Marine Security Guard from the small force now of about 1000 to the many thousands of marines it will take to secure all the new bases
Sorry "ordering heightened security" simply doesn't cut it.

sounds expensive, how about paying for it with the money we will no longer be giving these countries ?

Werbung:
Sarah Palin; "America can’t afford any more “leading from behind” in such a dangerous world. We already know that President Obama likes to “speak softly” to our enemies. If he doesn’t have a “big stick” to carry, maybe it’s time for him to grow one."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/11/Palin-Libya-Egypt-Grow-Big-Stick
I join with Peter Drew in giving my condolence for the lost f your Ambassador in Libya. He was a good man and help Australia in a recent case.
The reason for the death is still unknown. It may have been a crowd that got out of control by the film or it may be a planned terrorist execution. I also agree with Peter Drew that the USA was caught unawares. Why did they have an ambassador in this city not even the capital. Libya is in a volatile state with no strong government yet. Our Ambassador to Libya is in Rome.

The USA must realize it is not liked in the Arab Middle East. Also September 11 is important to others besides Americans.There should have been more security.
Rather than worry whether the USA should lead from behind or not perhaps it is better it does not tried to lead at all.

Back