US are the fattest....

The Scotsman

Life threatening obesity has become a worldwide epidemic, with 711 million overweight around the globe led by French fry loving Americans.
A detailed report in the latest New England Journal of Medicine is winning alarmed attention in Washington because it finds that American children and adults are leading the obesity parade.
About 38 percent of U.S. adults aged 20 and older are obese as are more than 17 percent of children aged 6 to 11, federal data shows. (To understand how doctors determine whether someone is obese or simply overweight, look at this explainer from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.)

US medical system is going to be overloaded with fat people suffering from high blood pressure and diabetes and god knows what else.... start walking you fat slobs....:)

Werbung:
This week I watched a late 50's tv show. What jumped out at me was the actors were all skinny. Some looked downright anorexic.
Shows today have heavier actors to relate better to a heavier public.
I work in a pharmacy and am often amazed how many people today are diabetic. As people have put on weight diabetes has zoomed.
Scotty, you are a diehard lib yet you call people "fat slobs". Perhaps you need a crash course in PC.

US medical system is going to be overloaded with fat people suffering from high blood pressure and diabetes and god knows what else.... start walking you fat slobs....:)

LOL, it is even hard to find a slender woman in my little town of 2,000, and we are country folk, you know, hunting, fishing, gardening, camping, all that kind of stuff.

Diabetes is an insidious disease that becomes a gateway to other problems. The basic treatment for diabetes costs around $10k/yr. But that is only the beginning. Diabetes often damages organs and may result in pancreas problems and even pancreas failure. Diabetics often develop heart problems and most wind up taking some kind of anti-depressant. Then there is neuropathy which is severe pain caused by damaged nerves.

My father in law lost a leg at the knee and died at 60 due to diabetic complications.

Scotty's rude remarks are partly on target. Exercise is important but it is far more effective to watch your diet carefully to avoid diabetes.

And Scotty, perhaps you need to wash your liberal potty mouth out with industrial grade soap.

Scotty also to recognize that sedentary living is taking a toll in the UK and across Europe with corresponding health issues.
Yes we have our share of lard arsed people but we are not alone. And just as it drives our spending on healthcare, so to is it increasing it there.
And Jimmy Carr tells us you can lure Hull girls into oral sex with chips (french fries here).

Exercise is important but it is far more effective to watch your diet carefully to avoid diabetes.
Its both...really isn't it. I mean some of the crap you can buy in the shops is so laden with calories it should come with a health warning.
Some of shite young mothers nowadays shove down their babies faces makes you wonder if they should be allowed to breed in the first place - you can see these lumps of lard wobbling after their mothers with faces full of food...... what chance have they got in life??? Slobs by nurcher......meh.......who cares.

In relative US terms you are left of center.
Oh...really.....:unsure:......okay....my Missus (bless her) thinks I'm slightly right of Ghengis Khan. Just goes to show huh... those few miles of water make all the difference...:)
I'm a great fan of Thatcher.....would she be a "lib"? Her and that film star president bloke were of a like mind... Reagan... that was his name....braincells are a bit off today. Its Sunday and the reddo has been flowing.

Oh...really.....:unsure:......okay....my Missus (bless her) thinks I'm slightly right of Ghengis Khan. Just goes to show huh... those few miles of water make all the difference...:)
I'm a great fan of Thatcher.....would she be a "lib"? Her and that film star president bloke were of a like mind... Reagan... that was his name....braincells are a bit off today. Its Sunday and the reddo has been flowing.

My opinion (I know. . .it doesn't count!) is that you are simply a person who enjoys joking, but who also has a very sharp sense of justice and fairness. Therefore, you are basically all over the place, depending on the issues, and you enjoy being that "independent" rather than being put in a "box."

I appreciate that, even when I don't always agree with you, I know you are not "partisan."

Didn't know of you in the 80s so can only go by what I've read. In UK terms you probably are right of their center.

Werbung:
Diabetes is an insidious disease that becomes a gateway to other problems. The basic treatment for diabetes costs around $10k/yr. But that is only the beginning. Diabetes often damages organs and may result in pancreas problems and even pancreas failure. Diabetics often develop heart problems and most wind up taking some kind of anti-depressant. Then there is neuropathy which is severe pain caused by damaged nerves.

My father in law lost a leg at the knee and died at 60 due to diabetic complications.

Scotty's rude remarks are partly on target. Exercise is important but it is far more effective to watch your diet carefully to avoid diabetes.

And Scotty, perhaps you need to wash your liberal potty mouth out with industrial grade soap.

I am a diabetic, I eat what I want, I am 73, I am doing good. Quit being so sensitive.

Back