US baseball team humiliated by Cuba

Popeye

Another disappointment.

The Cuban baseball team will go for gold once again, having beaten the United States 10-2 to reach the Olympic championship game.

Alexei Bell hit a three-run homer in the eighth to put the punctuation mark on the defending champions' 10-2 victory over the Americans on Friday night that put the Cubans in the title game again. He raised his hand to signal No. 1 while rounding the bases, then Ariel Pestano added his own three-run shot three batters later to seal it.

Update: US wins the bronze while South Korea wins the gold. It's too bad that we can't do better in a sport we supposedly invented.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...usa.baseball.ap/index.html?eref=si_topstories

Werbung:
I am happy for Cuba, I am sure they worked hard and Its great that they got a gold.

Question, Are you proud that the US baseball team was "humiliated" by Cuba ? or does it just seem that way?

I am happy for Cuba, I am sure they worked hard and Its great that they got a gold.

Question, Are you proud that the US baseball team was "humiliated" by Cuba ? or does it just seem that way?

The US/Cuba game was a semifinal, for the right to play in the gold medal game.

Cuba got the silver, South Korea got the gold in an upset that I'm sure the Cubans are none too happy about.

Facts are facts, a 10-2 loss for the team, from the country that invented baseball, is a humiliation from my point of view.

Just to point out for the obvious uninformed.

The US baseball team is comprised on minor-league players. The best American players are busy playing their regular season in the Major Leagues.

Note: I notice you are still refusing to respond to my comments about the Chinese medals.

Just to point out for the obvious uninformed.

The US baseball team is comprised on minor-league players. The best American players are busy playing their regular season in the Major Leagues.

Note: I notice you are still refusing to respond to my comments about the Chinese medals.

What question? There are obviously gold medals from questionable "sports" won on both sides. The US has won gold in equestrian events, sailing, men's and women's beach volley ball. I think they all pretty much cancel each other out.

What question? There are obviously gold medals from questionable "sports" won on both sides. The US has won gold in equestrian events, sailing, men's and women's beach volley ball. I think they all pretty much cancel each other out.

And yet you only feel the need to comment on every American one.

China has won many more in much more questionable "sports" but instead you revel in the fact that the US has not won as many golds, and call it a failure.

This is the second time you've posted this - are you running out of anti-american aspersions?

The US team is a minor-league pickup team, playing against cuba's permanent national team. If the US fielded a major league allstar team, they'd crush the cubans.

This is the second time you've posted this - are you running out of anti-american aspersions?

The US team is a minor-league pickup team, playing against cuba's permanent national team. If the US fielded a major league allstar team, they'd crush the cubans.

Once again you are incorrect. The first post was a 5-4 extra inning loss in group play. This thread is about a 10-2 humiliation in the much more important semifinal. Though they both involved losses to Cuba, the two posts are about two distinctly different events. For someone who claims they've been watching the Olympics, it's strange that I should have to explain this to you.

Some just feel better if they can say America sucks. Dont disturb the dream :)

You don't seem to be very sports oriented. First previously I shot down your claim of a duplicate post, now I will shoot down your other argument...that of a US MLB All Star team being superior.

Perhaps you remember the 2006 World Baseball Classic, played primarily in the US. It consisted of 16 all star teams including Japan, Cuba, Dominican Republic etc. plus a US MAJOR LEAGUE ALL STAR TEAM. Japan defeated Cuba in the final...while the US All star team didn't even reach the semifinals.

The world caught the US in baseball long ago, MLB is now international. Check out the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_World_Baseball_Classic

Werbung:
You don't seem to be very sports oriented. First previously I shot down your claim of a duplicate post, now I will shoot down your other argument...that of a US MLB All Star team being superior.

Perhaps you remember the 2006 World Baseball Classic, played primarily in the US. It consisted of 16 all star teams including Japan, Cuba, Dominican Republic etc. plus a US MAJOR LEAGUE ALL STAR TEAM. Japan defeated Cuba in the final...while the US All star team didn't even reach the semifinals.

The world caught the US in baseball long ago, MLB is now international. Check out the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_World_Baseball_Classic

What I will say of baseball is this:

Anyone can beat anyone at any time in baseball. That is the beauty of the game. I was on the baseball team in college in undergraduate, I will tell you first hand that anyone can beat anyone.

I was an All-American, but that by no means meant I won every game I pitched in, or that I struck every batter out that I faced. The best player does not always win, that is what makes the game so great in my opinion.

At the professional level, anyone can beat anyone on any given day, that is why the season is 168 games.

Back