US Companies on the Brink of Bankruptcy

your talking about a company that in a mall store, never fixed its ac, and or left the heat on when it was 90 out becuse it was not some date on a calender...people walked in and left in like 4 min becuse of it, for months, evry year over and over....use to have to wear shorts just to not die at work ....and I worked at one of our "good" stores.

Could it be that the thermostat was controlled by someone in another town?

For some reason, centrally controlled institutions seem to be afraid to allow the local people to control their own temperature. Our school district had them controlled by a computer in Sacramento, 150 miles away. Their excuse was that some people forgot to turn them off at night.

Yes, that was long after the invention of the programmable thermostat.

Werbung:
Could it be that the thermostat was controlled by someone in another town?

For some reason, centrally controlled institutions seem to be afraid to allow the local people to control their own temperature. Our school district had them controlled by a computer in Sacramento, 150 miles away. Their excuse was that some people forgot to turn them off at night.

Yes, that was long after the invention of the programmable thermostat.

yes and no, corperate said they could not turn the ac off till x date...but controls where in the store to do it if they wanted. They always claimed it was broke, but realy they where just cheap and did not want to run it.

yes and no, corperate said they could not turn the ac off till x date...but controls where in the store to do it if they wanted. They always claimed it was broke, but realy they where just cheap and did not want to run it.

Don't you love it? You and I can have a programmable thermostat costing all of $50 or so in our homes, and switch from AC to heat at will, even set it to go off automatically when no one is home. Institutions, on the other hand, have to wait until a particular date to switch. That really works well here, where triple digits often start in May, while other parts of the country are still running their heat.

I wonder if we can get a lesson about top down centralized administration from that?

Don't you love it? You and I can have a programmable thermostat costing all of $50 or so in our homes, and switch from AC to heat at will, even set it to go off automatically when no one is home. Institutions, on the other hand, have to wait until a particular date to switch. That really works well here, where triple digits often start in May, while other parts of the country are still running their heat.

I wonder if we can get a lesson about top down centralized administration from that?

makes you question why republicans use to always want goverment run more like a company lol

Topgun - I did confuse you with pocket, because you
both like to bring up your job, skin color and intertwine them to make some sort of point.
As if your some authority or these facts are relevant, which they aren't.

I don't need to know your skin color by the way, and I don't, because
I don't believe what you say.

Now very few companies are doing well now and if you see one, then let us know.

It has nothing to do with Bush but much to do with Obama.
Obama sunk the stock market pretty much on his own.

Now most people that invested in stocks will never see their portfolios
return in value to what they were, prior to Obama.
Businesses will no longer thrive in the US.

Cap and Tax alone will drive more business away from the US and stunt any hope
of economic growth. This is Obama's legacy, the loss of millions of jobs
that aren't coming back. But this may be exactly what he wants.

By the way he is increasing the US troops in Afghanistan beyond what Bush did.
So let's not pretend that he isn't waging a war.

U.S. air strikes have killed so many Afghan civilians lately that President Karzai, who controls little more than Kabul, has begun to condemn the U.S. attacks. Predator attacks on Taliban and al-Qaida in Pakistan have inflamed the population there.

It's called CHANGE! this killing. But do you see the news media complain?
Nope of course not.

Topgun - I did confuse you with pocket, because you
both like to bring up your job, skin color and intertwine them to make some sort of point.
As if your some authority or these facts are relevant, which they aren't.

I don't need to know your skin color by the way, and I don't, because
I don't believe what you say.

Now very few companies are doing well now and if you see one, then let us know.

It has nothing to do with Bush but much to do with Obama.
Obama sunk the stock market pretty much on his own.

Now most people that invested in stocks will never see their portfolios
return in value to what they were, prior to Obama.
Businesses will no longer thrive in the US.

Cap and Tax alone will drive more business away from the US and stunt any hope
of economic growth. This is Obama's legacy, the loss of millions of jobs
that aren't coming back. But this may be exactly what he wants.

By the way he is increasing the US troops in Afghanistan beyond what Bush did.
So let's not pretend that he isn't waging a war.

U.S. air strikes have killed so many Afghan civilians lately that President Karzai, who controls little more than Kabul, has begun to condemn the U.S. attacks. Predator attacks on Taliban and al-Qaida in Pakistan have inflamed the population there.

It's called CHANGE! this killing. But do you see the news media complain?
Nope of course not.

what sad is that your side is not willing to even point out how dumb your posts are. facts be damn!

what sad is that your side is not willing to even point out how dumb your posts are. facts be damn!
When have you EVER corrected the likes of Top Gun? Please link to any post of his that you have pointed out how wrong he was in ignoring facts that don't support his position or when he just flat out makes shat up. The abortion thread would be a good place for you to find Top Gun posts where he's ignoring facts, substituting his own or otherwise just fabricating outright lies.

When have you EVER corrected the likes of Top Gun? Please link to any post of his that you have pointed out how wrong he was in ignoring facts that don't support his position or when he just flat out makes shat up. The abortion thread would be a good place for you to find Top Gun posts where he's ignoring facts, substituting his own or otherwise just fabricating outright lies.

I have correct liberals on here, and attacked them for being dumb at times yes. as for top gun, not sure, i dont keep records of who.

But dont worry I know its hard to attack your own side, even when they are making you look like a idiot being next to them

I have correct liberals on here, and attacked them for being dumb at times yes. as for top gun, not sure, i dont keep records of who.

But dont worry I know its hard to attack your own side, even when they are making you look like a idiot being next to them

Funny you should say that standing shoulder to shoulder with Mr. Shaman.

Funny you should say that standing shoulder to shoulder with Mr. Shaman.

realy shoulder to shoulder? I did not know that...

but again I most likey have gone after him as well...in fact I think at one point went after him over something that even pandora was a bit shocked at how pissed off and how much I attacked.

but then again none of what I do, changes anything. Unless you just want to use the old tired...well you guys did X...so I dont have to. or as I call it 7 year old debate logic

realy shoulder to shoulder? I did not know that...
If Asur's posts reflect upon me, then Mr. Shamans posts are a direct reflection on you. Or perhaps you would like to admit that we are all individuals and only responsible for what we actually say?

but then again none of what I do, changes anything.
But you think that my complaining about asurs posts will change anything?

If Asur's posts reflect upon me, then Mr. Shamans posts are a direct reflection on you. Or perhaps you would like to admit that we are all individuals and only responsible for what we actually say?

All individuals, only responsible for what we, ourselves, post? Are you taking the radical position that we aren't somehow divided into two teams, the Rightists and the Leftists? No one is really jumping up and down, going "rah, rah, go Rightists (Leftists)"?

never know maybe when you guys also tell him how dumb he sounds...maybe he will listen then

All individuals, only responsible for what we, ourselves, post? Are you taking the radical position that we aren't somehow divided into two teams, the Rightists and the Leftists? No one is really jumping up and down, going "rah, rah, go Rightists (Leftists)"?

I know, its crazy talk. :rolleyes:

Werbung:
never know maybe when you guys also tell him how dumb he sounds...maybe he will listen then

As soon as "you guys" start telling Shaman how dumb he sounds with his posts.

Since that's not going to happen, I say we just hold individuals responsible for the things they post and not play the role of "us vs them" partisan cheerleaders.

Of course, that probably won't happen either.

Back