US last in preventable deaths

Werbung:
And I'll bet you just work to get money - you greedy so and so. :D

Exactly, right. Show me one profession where people don't work for profit. I try not to sound overly partisan, but this is something that liberals like Popeye have dead wrong.

Who would want to go to the most difficult schools and take the most difficult classes available, doing chemistry labs on Friday and Saturday nights while everyone else is out drinking if not for the financial rewards down the road? Becoming a doctor is the single most difficult course a student can choose and one of the more stressful (and valuable) professions out there. Doctors graduate at the top of their classes at college and then spend nearly a decade in grueling work at medical schools. Most doctors don't make a dime until they're in their early 30s, just in time to start paying off their six-figure student loans by saving people's lives. And then liberals complain that they are making "profits". Well good. They deserve profits.

Isn't it also interesting to note how our lib friends like to compare how much they make to doctors in other countries? Two things: (1) Who cares if some doctor in Burkino Faso only makes $25 dollars and one goat a year? and (2) doctors wouldn't need to make so much if they didn't have to defend themselves with hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical malpractice insurance every year from bottom-feeding trial lawyer parasites (such as John Edwards) who do nothing but sue the productive members of society.

Werbung:
Exactly, right. Show me one profession where people don't work for profit. I try not to sound overly partisan, but this is something that liberals like Popeye have dead wrong.

Who would want to go to the most difficult schools and take the most difficult classes available, doing chemistry labs on Friday and Saturday nights while everyone else is out drinking if not for the financial rewards down the road? Becoming a doctor is the single most difficult course a student can choose and one of the more stressful (and valuable) professions out there. Doctors graduate at the top of their classes at college and then spend nearly a decade in grueling work at medical schools. Most doctors don't make a dime until they're in their early 30s, just in time to start paying off their six-figure student loans by saving people's lives. And then liberals complain that they are making "profits". Well good. They deserve profits.

Isn't it also interesting to note how our lib friends like to compare how much they make to doctors in other countries? Two things: (1) Who cares if some doctor in Burkino Faso only makes $25 dollars and one goat a year? and (2) doctors wouldn't need to make so much if they didn't have to defend themselves with hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical malpractice insurance every year from bottom-feeding trial lawyer parasites (such as John Edwards) who do nothing but sue the productive members of society.

Good Rant there Jarhead.
Few things worth pointing out, while profit and future earnings does come into account in regards as to why someone endures through medical school, but I would venture to say in a poll that actually helping people is the real motivation. As is lifestyle, being a hub community in rural Alaska, there are quite a few federally paid public doctors living here with an increased price of living and less money than they could surely make elsewhere, doing it because they love being doctors.

Jarhead, you and I both are subject to Federally controlled health care. While it may not be the best of the best, it is adequate and free under the far majority of circumstances. Now socialized medicine would not prevent anyone from still seeking treatment from private practitioners for a real or even percieved better level of care.

Now considering that the US military has for generations rightfully put probably millions of military personell through college. Would it not be wise to offer paying off college education expenses to those willing to graduate medical school and serve X amount of time in a national hospital? Many states offer this, but none federally I am aware of.

Those that seem dead set against national healthcare dont seem to understand a few things, such as a good system in place does not have to decrease the level of care one who can afford more care should get. It seems very unwise to deny anyone a basic level of care and have it provided free of charge. The litigation sword goes both ways, healthcare issues clog up our courts and make lawyers rich at the expense of the poorest of our society with bills and burden they simply cannot afford.

Back