USA 2020: your car MUST send data

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Werbung:
The data would make the roads safer especially if there are thousands of self-driving cars on the roads. How that information will be used by security agencies is quite different. It would take spying to an entirely different level but spying has been around for a while already, people will just have to get used to it.

Self driving cars look to be far from ready for prime time.
Safer huh....
Why is it that all I see are red flags and warning flares when I hear those words ?
The best possible terrible thing to come from this is selling marketing data based on where you go and when.
The worst ? Ever read "1984" ?

No matter what the reasons may be, big brother is slowly but surely increasing its grip on the nation and people don't seem willing to stop it or at least try.

It's as if society as given up and are willing to sit back and accept any laws that are being put in place, no matter what effect it will have on their lives in the future.

Maybe people have other things to worry about and feel that their freedom isn't important after all?

No matter what the reasons may be, big brother is slowly but surely increasing its grip on the nation and people don't seem willing to stop it or at least try.

It's as if society as given up and are willing to sit back and accept any laws that are being put in place, no matter what effect it will have on their lives in the future.

Maybe people have other things to worry about and feel that their freedom isn't important after all?
I would agree with you. Big Brother is increasing its grip around the world. I would also agree that the answer is our passive acceptance of technology creeping into our lives. I allow Google to track me for free email, searching, and to make calls.

This acceptance of technology coupled with an increasing rise of government (Governments have a nasty habit of growing larger and more complexity) is something we need to be concerned about.

The problem is, as almost every dystopian book points out, is that most humans don't realize this until it's too late.

Werbung:
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2020 every car must have a computer on board capable to send data to other cars (and officials?).

What do you think? How about surveillance? Ever heard about George Orwell?

The documents where published in 2014:
http://www.nhtsa.gov/staticfiles/rulemaking/pdf/V2V/V2V-ANPRM_081514.pdf

Feel free to leave a comment here:
http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=NHTSA-2014-0022-0002

I looked at your document, and could find nothing referring to 2020. Where is it at, and what is going to be reported?

Back