Vermont pushes bid to impeach Bush

I think it's great. Doing this helps keep them from spending time screwing the citizens of Vermont.

It'd be hard to screw with anything in Vermont...largely because there isn't much of anything in Vermont. They have decent maple syrup and a big lake that just wasn't quite cool enough to be one of the Great Lakes...and yeah, that's it.

Werbung:
House Resolution 333? You mean Dennis Kucinich's feable attempt to get his name in the papers for his election campaign? Dennis Kucinich is the lunatic fringe of the Democratic Party.

If the subjective view of job performance was enough for impeachment, then half of the Presidents in America's history would have been kicked out of office. Simply because they are unpopular doesn't mean you can impeach them. If the Patriot Act and Military Commissions Act are truly unconstitutional, then let the Supreme Court say so. Personally, I can't think of a single U.S. President that hasn't had at least one piece of legislation overturned by the Supreme Court at some point or another. By your logic, does that mean every U.S. President should be impeached? Also, these laws were passed by Congress. The President just merely signed them into law.

Bullsh7t

Very mature. Well thought out argument. I guess you got me on that one.

If you can't actually contribute to a discussion and debate the points I bring up, stay on the sidelines.

He cant answer you? look below his name ,he has been BANNED<<<<<So i think the problems of the pest are over.No need to post to someone ,who cant respond huh?

House Resolution 333? You mean Dennis Kucinich's feable attempt to get his name in the papers for his election campaign? Dennis Kucinich is the lunatic fringe of the Democratic Party.

If the subjective view of job performance was enough for impeachment, then half of the Presidents in America's history would have been kicked out of office. Simply because they are unpopular doesn't mean you can impeach them. If the Patriot Act and Military Commissions Act are truly unconstitutional, then let the Supreme Court say so. Personally, I can't think of a single U.S. President that hasn't had at least one piece of legislation overturned by the Supreme Court at some point or another. By your logic, does that mean every U.S. President should be impeached? Also, these laws were passed by Congress. The President just merely signed them into law.

I agree with Dave on this one. In my opinion the big names in Bush's legislation have been ineffective (NCLB, Patriot Act), and some misleading (Clear-skies Initiative). [Note I'm not trying to start fighting over the validity of these pieces of legislation]

It is the duty of the Supreme Court to exercise its power and carefully review the legislation and take care of it. We should take lessons from mistakes not make new ones by impeaching another president.

I didn't see that one. I don't usually make it a point to look at that part of the post, but it is good to see that some problem people have been banned. Thanks for pointing that out.

Your post is filled with "facts" that are not. Even those where you come close to the truth are not impeachable offenses.

You say the majority of Bush's actions are in no way illegal. This is incorrect.

1. On March 19, 2003, George W. Bush invaded the sovereign country of Iraq in direct defiance of the United Nations Security Council. This constitutes a violation of Chapter 1, Article 2 of the United Nations Charter and a violation of Principal VI of the Nuremberg Charter.

2. He provided misinformation to the United Nations Security Council, Congress, and the American people overstating the offensive capabilities of Iraq, including weapons of mass destruction, as justification for military action against Iraq.

3. He repeatedly manipulated the sentiments of the American people by erroneously linking Iraq with the terrorist attacks of September 11th by Al-Qaeda.

4. He repeatedly claimed that satellite photos of sites in Iraq depicted factories for weapons of mass destruction in contradiction with the results of ground inspections by United Nations teams.

5. He stated that "Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa" in his State of the Union Address after being told by the CIA that this was untrue and that the supporting documents were forged.
Influencing, manipulating and distorting intelligence related to Iraq with the intention of using that intelligence to support his goal of invading Iraq.

6. He repeatedly ordered the NSA to place illegal wiretaps on American citizens without a court order from FISA.

7. He retaliated against whistle-blowers who try to point out errors in statements made by President Bush.

8. He directed millions of dollars in government funds to companies associated with White House officials in no-bid contracts that pose serious conflicts of interest. One example is Halliburton, of which Richard Cheney was once CEO.

9. He diverted military resources from pursuing known terrorists such as Osama Bin Laden who have repeatedly attacked the United States of America.

10. He generated ill will among the peoples of the world with an offensive and aggressive foreign policy.

11. He weakened the effects of International Law by defying the United Nations thus encouraging other nations to violate International law by example.

12. He diverted the National Guard to foreign wars where they are unavailable to serve the needs of American citizens at home who, for example, are suffering from Hurricane Katrina.

13. He appointed unqualified personnel to critical government positions as political favors where their incompetence places American citizens at risk. An example being the appointment of Mike Brown as head of FEMA.

14. He proposed military strategies involving the first use of tactical or low yield nuclear weapons in violation of the Nonproliferation Treaty, which is an inherently destabilizing strategy that encourages participants in a conflict to strike before the other side can do so.

Wherefore, George Bush, by such conduct, warrants impeachment and trial, and removal from office and disqualification to hold and enjoy any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States.

Clinton's "crimes" are NOTHING compared to what this criminal Bush has done to our country!

Wow! The above statement(s) are so filled with inaccuracies and "points" that have nothing to do with impeaching a president as to be ludicrous. For example, the U.S. is not obligated to get the UN's approval before we take military action anywhere (nor is anyother country). You seem to conveniently forget that the president had the approval of our Congress to take the actions he did.

A second fallacy that you post as "fact" is that Bush stated in his state of the union address that "Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa". What he stated was the British intelligence reported that as fact.

I could go on and point-out other fallacies with your contentions, but they are too numerouos to deal with in a single post. I do recomend that you look at the U.S. Constitution (that's the basis of our law, not the UN) to begin to get an idea of what constitutes (no pun intended) impeachable offenses.

Werbung:
Back