Vets for Obama

Popeye

Here's the story of three vets and long time Republicans who are now actively supporting Obama.

Lowell Pierce, Joe Carlson and Stan Garment are campaigning for Barack Obama.

Pierce is 66. He spent 24 years in the Air Force and, until recently, he hadn't met a single conservative policy he didn't like. But in 2004, when George W. Bush was seeking re-election, Pierce saw the light. (Here you can make your own Bush joke, although the punch line should definitely involve the words "dim bulb.")

Pierce voted against George W. — the first time he'd strayed from his lifelong devotion to the Republican Party.

Carlson, 61, is an Army vet and an infantry captain who fought in Vietnam. November will mark the first time he's voted for a Democrat.

And Garment? Well, he flew B-52 bombers in Vietnam — then went to seminary and became a Navy chaplain. John McCain's Navy. That, you'd think, would make Garment, 60, and the Republican presidential nominee brothers of a sort.

You'd think wrong. A few weeks ago, Garment, a devoted Republican for 39 years, marched down to Centennial Hall and officially changed his party affiliation to Democrat.

The three men, longtime poster boys for the GOP, have had enough of Bush, a sneering Dick Cheney and Cheney's proposed replacement — "Wal-Mart mom" Palin and her $400 designer eyeglasses.

Oh, and now, finally, they've had enough of McCain, too.

These days, Pierce, Carlson and Garment go to Obama rally meetings. They met at one on Sept. 9 and found they had identical, bad feelings in their stomachs about the state of our nation. Now they all have Obama bumper stickers and they have registered new voters and they walk their neighborhoods in the rolling scrub-oak hills of Monument just north of Colorado Springs.

(Followers of the deep and brainy philosophy known as Palinism would say the three men must surely know a lot about the military — they can see the Air Force Academy from their backyard decks.)

While using great care not to trip over all the McCain-Palin lawn signs in their neck of the woods, they knock on doors now in that most Republican of places, and they ask voters — people a lot like themselves — to consider jumping ship with them.

"I've come out," says a smiling Carlson. "I've been holding my tongue way too long. The Republican Party leaders have betrayed us. I just can't remain silent anymore."

The three men collaborated on a letter a few days ago, a letter they sent to the local media that outlined their background and their views.

"We are life-long Republicans and Vietnam-era veterans who love our country," the letter began. "The leaders of the Republican Party we have supported all of our voting lives have betrayed our trust and have gone to a place we can no longer follow."

http://www.csindy.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid:31090

Werbung:
It would appear that John McCain is having a bit of a problem with some corners of the veteran community. Perhaps they need to oil the wheels of the media machine a bit more..........:rolleyes:
That'd be much-more preferential to oiling the wheels of a loose-cannonhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAyK-enrF1g. :eek:

Someone needs to get him one o' those Bush-jackets!!

bushrestrained.gif

It would appear that John McCain is having a bit of a problem with some corners of the veteran community. Perhaps they need to oil the wheels of the media machine a bit more..........:rolleyes:

That would be nice, excect that the alphabet soup "news" agencies are all in the pocket of the DNC. Sean Hannity is right, journalism is dead in America, and it's been taken over by partisan political hacks and pundits.

Who...ME??!!!! :eek:

Hardly........... :rolleyes:

hatetogether.jpg

I find it ironic that you seem to feign indignation at the fact that Obama is called a "******" (with your Louisiana post) but seem to think posting drivel like this is not equally as disrespectful.

Most of the "fear mongering" coming in this election cycle comes in the form of "If you elect McCain you get four more years of Bush."

Of course since it is simply a different kind, I am sure you do not mind it.

Hey PFOS, weren't you all indignant that we are not respecting our elected officials? Where are you on this one?

But that is bush so its ok we can have him frying in electric chairs, we can call him hitler or what ever we want. You see, the most patriotic thing you can do is dissent.

but..... this only applies if its a republican :) other wise you are racist or mean or uninformed or stupid

Werbung:
I find it ironic that you seem to feign indignation at the fact that Obama is called a "******" (with your Louisiana post) but seem to think posting drivel like this is not equally as disrespectful.

Most of the "fear mongering" coming in this election cycle comes in the form of "If you elect McCain you get four more years of Bush."

Of course since it is simply a different kind, I am sure you do not mind it.

ROB!!! You're NOT HELPING!!!:rolleyes:

Back