Victory for Healthcare Bill in the House

top gun

What a great night for the American people and a huge victory for President Obama!

I stayed up and watched every single minute of the Republicants squirming and worming trying to derail this important piece of legislation. But in the end the obstructionism couldn't stand up to progress.

Absolutely GREAT NIGHT!

Landmark health insurance bill passes House
Alex Brandon / AP
Sun., Nov . 8, 2009

WASHINGTON - In a victory for President Barack Obama, the Democratic-controlled House narrowly passed landmark health care legislation to expand coverage to tens of millions who lack it and place tough new restrictions on the insurance industry.

The final vote was 220-215. Only one Republican — Rep. Joseph Cao of Louisiana — voted for the measure; 39 Democrats voted against it.

Obama praised the House in a statement and said he is "absolutely confident" that the Senate will pass its version of the legislation. "I look forward to signing it into law by the end of the year," he said.

Important note on this video. Although I understand the emotion of this clip after watching how the Right tried so hard repeatedly to delay & derail this important piece of legislation for the American people. The video's final comment was not necessary in my opinion. I personally dislike sinking to teabagger levels.

Werbung:
What a great night for the American people and a huge victory for President Obama!

I stayed up and watched every single minute of the Republicants squirming and worming trying to derail this important piece of legislation. But in the end the obstructionism couldn't stand up to progress.

Absolutely GREAT NIGHT!
I saw it (announced) on SNL's "Weekend Update", last night!!

1197086068917675051egore_Thumb_Up_.svg.med.png

Notice this crap gets pulled while Beck is laid up - he'll be back in action and we've got DeMint and McCain in the senate for 'em to try to haul this sack of fertilizer past.

Notice this crap gets pulled while Beck is laid up - he'll be back in action and we've got DeMint and McCain in the senate for 'em to try to haul this sack of fertilizer past.

Beck... that's who ya got Beck.

DeMint & Grampy McCain. OK.
:D

You take them. I'll go with the American people.

Absolutely GREAT NIGHT!

Landmark health insurance bill passes House
Alex Brandon / AP
Sun., Nov . 8, 2009

WASHINGTON - In a victory for President Barack Obama, the Democratic-controlled House narrowly passed landmark health care legislation to expand coverage to tens of millions who lack it and place tough new restrictions on the insurance industry.

The final vote was 220-215. Only one Republican — Rep. Joseph Cao of Louisiana — voted for the measure; 39 Democrats voted against it.

Obama praised the House in a statement and said he is "absolutely confident" that the Senate will pass its version of the legislation. "I look forward to signing it into law by the end of the year," he said.

Important note on this video. Although I understand the emotion of this clip after watching how the Right tried so hard repeatedly to delay & derail this important piece of legislation for the American people. The video's final comment was not necessary in my opinion. I personally dislike sinking to teabagger levels.

Let's be real, this was the smallest obstacle that was needed to be overcome to pass healthcare reform. The majority rules House barely was able to pass this bill, but when the it goes to the Senate and conference it will be changed dramatically, so this bill really does not mean much yet.

The real test will be in the Senate, as it always was going to be.

I wish - he'd probably be meaner if he were drinking.
....But, he's still quite adept at takin' a female butt-whuppin', as usual; no doubt the source o' his drinking-issues.

....But, he recovers and gets all Manly, when The Threats' no-longer in-the-area.....yet, the blubbering has yet to dissipate!!!

I'm not sure what you guys are all excited about. Have you even read the bill? I have read parts of it and will slowly work my way through 2000 pages of legalese. So far, it is one of the most convoluted pieces of legislation I've ever read.

Here are a few things I don't get:

• It doesn't cover all of the people that are uninsured.
  • It doesn't use the term U.S. citizen to define who is covered under the bill.
  • It doesn't bring down the state regulatory walls that would allow for competition.
  • It doesn't provide any increased Tort protection.
  • It does provide an opportunity to to legitimately cover illegal immigrants.
  • It does provide for a monopoly environment for the the largest Health Insurance providers.
  • It does open the opportunity to cut Medicare claims.
  • It does incent small and medium size business owners to reduce the number of employees they employee.
There are a few good things in this bill, but there was no need to "boil the ocean". They could have easily produced several smaller bills that focused on key issues and we could have more functionally implemented them and measured their results.

Been a'wonderin' why Big Pharma and Big Insurance have been pushing this so hard. I've always understood why lawyers wanted it, but not so much the other two. Now, it's coming clear. The Insurance companies will make a killing by forcing many people to have to pay to get covered all the time instead of taking out insurance only when they're faced with needing it. Worse, the employers have to carry insurance on all members of an employees families.

The upshot to that, of course, is that the money will have to either be factored into the pricing structure of your company's products OR... payscales will be reduced. Take your pick, the ultimate effect WILL be that the discretionary spending portion of your wages (all of you who earn wages, I don't care what social class you're in) will be less OR... you'll pay more for everything you buy. Either way, it'll have the same effect: less stuff and/or less quality. All while the fatcats at the insurance companies get fatter and/or the government employees get slower. Yep... it's getting real clear now.

Most folks don't know that the lion's share of all advanced procedures, devices and drugs for the last 30 years have gotten figured out here and then sold to all those countries with the cheaper universal healthcare for a fraction of what they cost here. And then the medical drug and gadget companies got legislation passed that ban reimportation of that cheaper (but still the same) stuff back into the US for use here. The upshot of that is that Americans have been subsidizing cheap healthcare the world over, every place but here. If that doesn't make you upset, then this next statment should: The new House Bill doesn't correct this, oddly enough.

Therefore, we get...

...even more and fatter fatcats!!! GOBAMA!!!

The democrats passed the first and easiest hurdle. With an overwhelming majority in congress they should have been able to pass this bill within the first few weeks. But they had to scrape and claw and deceive the American people in order to do it. I am encouraged that even though the politicians on the other side never had a chance to stop this the fear of the American people themselves has slowed this down so much. Perhaps enough to stop it.

Werbung:
The fight will go on. We the People do not want Obamacare in anyway, shape or form.

Back