Volunteerism ? Really

Werbung:
Someone was saying this is forced Volunteerism for middle schools, do you think that is what it is?

The high schools here force Volunteerism or they hold back your deploma. I dont know if its a county, state or national thing but they are already doing it in high schools here.

Absolutely it is forced. Obama wants to turn our kids into little "community activists". It has zero to do with volunteering to help some random person that is in need of assistance, but rather forcing kids to serve causes that they specify. You cant volunteer with a group of your choice or with your church. Rather you get told which liberal group you will be volunteering with, as well as being indoctrinated by, this is why they want to start it so early.

Absolutely it is forced. Obama wants to turn our kids into little "community activists". It has zero to do with volunteering to help some random person that is in need of assistance, but rather forcing kids to serve causes that they specify. You cant volunteer with a group of your choice or with your church. Rather you get told which liberal group you will be volunteering with, as well as being indoctrinated by, this is why they want to start it so early.

Are you sure? Do you have some proof? I am not calling you a liar, don’t get me wrong but it just sound so unbelievable that I have to have some kind of proof that its mandatory and more importantly that its in a group he picks not you or your family. I just refuse to let that happen.

I completely understand, and would certainly hope that nobody would stand for it. Here is a quote from the great one:

"When you choose to serve -- whether it's your nation, your community or simply your neighborhood -- you are connected to that fundamental American ideal that we want life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness not just for ourselves, but for all Americans. That's why it's called the American dream." - Barack Obama

This shows that he has no clue. It is Individual freedom that makes this nation great, and that gives us the ability to pursue life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/rogersville-tn/TVH7H2122T72AENHE

I completely understand, and would certainly hope that nobody would stand for it. Here is a quote from the great one:

"When you choose to serve -- whether it's your nation, your community or simply your neighborhood -- you are connected to that fundamental American ideal that we want life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness not just for ourselves, but for all Americans. That's why it's called the American dream." - Barack Obama

This shows that he has no clue. It is Individual freedom that makes this nation great, and that gives us the ability to pursue life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/rogersville-tn/TVH7H2122T72AENHE
I went to your link and from there it seemed the link to find proof was at change.gov

There I did find a list

a Classroom Corps to help underserved schools
a Health Corps to serve in the nation's clinics and hospitals
a Clean Energy Corps to achieve the goal of energy independence
a Veterans Corps to support the Americans who serve by standing in harm's way

and he did say he was going to call all Americans from all walks of life to serve, but it never said you had to go in one of these groups though it does imply that by only having these groups listed and never adding words like (or your church or where you see someone needing help).

vol·un·teer (väl′ən tir′)

noun

a person who chooses freely to do or offer to do something
a person who chooses freely to enter naval or military service, without being compelled to do so by law
Bot. a volunteer plant
Law
a person who chooses freely to enter into any transaction with no promise of compensation

So middle and high school students will choose freely to donate time to obama projects or they dont graduate?

I could not find the hold back your deploma part but the rest sucks so far.

The Thirteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution officially abolished and continues to prohibit slavery and involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime. It was adopted on December 6, 1865, and was then declared in a proclamation of Secretary of State William H. Seward on December 18.

What would the difference be between involuntary servitude and mandatory Volunteerism?

Is it really a choice when the list of possible volunteer options is something that you don't believe in, or possibly don't want to support. Programs like youth build and head start, both which are tax payer funded, but have not worked as a whole. Is it really a choice when it says "REQUIRE 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school, and 100 hours in college."

Sorry, I don't see a lot of individual choice in this scenario, but rather I see "Involuntary Servitude."

So maybe it is just a way to make failing liberal programs get some black ink instead of red. But so far what I have seen here is speculation.

So maybe it is just a way to make failing liberal programs get some black ink instead of red. But so far what I have seen here is speculation.

I agree at this point its only speculation. His website does not say you HAVE to volunteer in only those listed programs. The part that bothers me is that it does not add at the end

Or any program your child feels compelled to join. or something

or that parents can have an out if they feel its wrong.

I understand that it doesn't list an "out". This should be alarming for starters that no other programs except for liberal pet projects are on the list. He doesn't state on Change.gov that a group of your choice would be acceptable. I think it would be more accurate to say that, yes this could be an attempt to get liberal groups out of the red. To require anyone to do anything against their will is not acceptable in this country. It takes freedom completely out of the picture, and inserts his agenda, which goes against the 13th amendment.

The unsaid is the dangerous part with the president.

Werbung:
Back