1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Voters angry?

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by palefrost, Sep 5, 2006.

1. palefrost

palefrost New Member

Did you guys see this yesterday on the CNN site? Here, i thought we were all alone hating what we see. Do you think this getting front page coverage will make a difference with the politicians? Will they just put on a new face and spout change?
    Do you think new political parties will pop up? Can change happen?

2. dong

dong New Member

The long tail of the minority has somehow gradually morphed into its big cousin the angry majority! Only it takes a cross-sectional study to reveal such, which goes to show something about the size and the fragmentation of the communities that comprise such a nation as the US.

Another way to put it is instead of "tossing up between the turd sandwich and a douche bag", its "I wonder if the incumbent will get away with this huge mess...and I wonder how the challenger proposes to fix it!"

3. Furious George

Furious George New Member

Just because it's in the front page of a newspaper doesn't mean it's going to be the story of the year. What every happened to the weapons inspectors that snuck enough material to make two dirty bombs, using forged documents. That didn't have a long shelf life, because people like to 'pretend' some news isn't real.

4. matchbox20fan3

matchbox20fan3 New Member

Yeah true, it will be forgotten by next week and something else will take it's place.

5. dong

dong New Member

But the message that it holds may still be significant. The politicians may not listen but the trend may entail consequences that manifest themselves at the next election.

6. sarah

sarah New Member

The trend will more than likely be more or less ignored by the politicians, but I think it may continue regardless.