VP debate moderator Ifill releasing pro-Obama book

XCALIDEM

This smells fishy to me already....

ELECTION 2008
VP debate moderator Ifill releasing pro-Obama book
Focuses on blacks who are 'forging a bold new path to political power'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: September 30, 2008
8:35 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/1755855/the_breakthrough_gwen_ifill.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1755855/the_breakthrough_gwen_ifill/">The Breakthrough: Gwen Ifill</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">Watch more funny videos here</a></font>

Gwen Ifill

The moderator of Thursday's vice-presidential debate is writing a book to come out about the time the next president takes the oath of office that aims to "shed new light" on Democratic candidate Barack Obama and other "emerging young African American politicians" who are "forging a bold new path to political power."

Gwen Ifill of the Public Broadcasting Service program "Washington Week" is promoting "The Breakthrough," in which she argues the "black political structure" of the civil rights movement is giving way to men and women who have benefited from the struggles over racial equality.

Ifill declined to return a WND telephone message asking for a comment about her book project and whether its success would be expected should Obama lose. But she has faced criticism previously for not treating candidates of both major parties the same.

During a vice-presidential candidate debate she moderated in 2004 – when Democrat John Edwards attacked Republican Dick Cheney's former employer, Halliburton – the vice president said, "I can respond, Gwen, but it's going to take more than 30 seconds."

(Story continues below)

"Well, that's all you've got," she told Cheney.

Ifill told the Associated Press Democrats were delighted with her answer, because they "thought I was being snippy to Cheney." She explained that wasn't her intent.

But she also was cited in complaints PBS Ombudsman Michael Getler said he received after Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin delivered her nomination acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention in St. Paul, Minn., earlier this month.

Some viewers complained of a "dismissive" look by Ifill during her report on Palin's speech. According to Getler, some also said she wore a look of "disgust" while reporting on the Republican candidate.

At that time she said, "I assume there will always be critics and just shut out the noise. It is surprisingly easy."

Ifill, who also works with her network's "NewsHour," is making preparations to moderate this week's debate between the two candidates for vice president, Palin and Democratic Sen. Joe Biden.. She told BlackAmericaWeb.com she thinks debates "are the best opportunity most voters have to see the candidates speaking to issues."

She said she is concerned only about getting straight answers from candidates.

"You do your best to get candidates to answer your question. But I also trust the viewers to understand when questions are not answered and reach their own conclusions," Ifill told BlackAmericaWeb.

"Four years ago, when neither John Edwards nor Dick Cheney proved capable of answering a question about the domestic epidemic of AIDS among African-American women, viewers flooded me with reaction," she said.

She said she will make her own decisions about what questions to ask, adding "the big questions matter."

In the Amazon.com promotion for her book, Ifill is described as "drawing on interviews with power brokers," such as Obama and former Secretary of State Colin Powell.

In an online video promoting her book, she is enthusiastic about "taking the story of Barack Obama and extending it."

It focuses on four people, "one of them Barack Obama of course," she said.

"They are changing our politics and changing our nation," she said.

On Amazon.com, Ifill is praised for her "incisive, detailed profiles of such prominent leaders as Newark Mayor Cory Booker, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, and U.S. Congressman Artur Davis of Alabama."

"Ifill shows why this is a pivotal moment in American history," the review says.

She told AP her view of Obama: "I still don't know if he'll be a good president."

She also describes how she met him at the 2004 Democratic convention and since then has interviewed the Illinois senator and his family.

She also boasted that by the time of the debate, "I'll be a complete expert on both" Palin and Biden.

The debate will be held at Washington University in St. Louis, which has posted information about the evening's events online.

Ifill's profile there describes her as a longtime correspondent and moderator for national news programs and includes her service as moderator of the 2004 debate between Edwards and Cheney.

However, there's no mention of her upcoming book. Nor does the website for the Commission on Presidential Debates, which is organizing the meetings of the candidates, mention her book.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=76645

Werbung:
Here's the video of her promoting her book and speaking about Barack Hussein Obama...

Do you believe that there will be a bias on this debate???

Well who do you suggest be the moderator otherwise?

It is hardly the case that she forms most of the questions herself anyways. I think she learned her lesson from the 2004 flub. But otherwise, Ifill is generally professional and I dont think you will notice any difference.

Well who do you suggest be the moderator otherwise?

It is hardly the case that she forms most of the questions herself anyways. I think she learned her lesson from the 2004 flub. But otherwise, Ifill is generally professional and I dont think you will notice any difference.

I don't know, but if someone will be moderating an un-bias debate they should be forthcoming with their political views. Don't you think?

I don't know, but if someone will be moderating an un-bias debate they should be forthcoming with their political views. Don't you think?

Well see that is the problem, everyone has some percieved political view, and the otherside is always going to complain about it. Fact of the matter is that this moderator was agreed on some time ago. Her lengthy time as the moderator on Washington week seemed good enough at the time. Washington Week is one of the shows I try to actually catch when it is on. I think the best roundtable out there many times.

What a joke. Obama worshipers pretend the mod being a follower of obama isnt a problem.

I wish I had the power to change who the mod will be. Its all ok right now because the person doing it is a follower of your messiah.

If I could change it and have someone who is in the pocket of the GOP. The crying from the obama worshipers would be heard around the world.

already crying before she losses , setting up your excuses?

Simple fact is basically all they do is ask the questions . normally of both people and its how they respond that wins, not what questions are asked.

Its not like they will be, Biden do you like kittens?

Palin, explain in detail the Bail out plan, and tell me why we should or should not do it. Also in detail some of the tax cuts now being added to is , why do we need to add tax cuts here. is it not just republicans playing politics with a bill that could have such a great impact on our Economy?

I am sorry Gov palin that was dumb, why could you not give a yes or no responce like about the kittens?

Just say it, you know she will get wiped off the floor and your setting up the loss with excuses now already.

What a joke. Obama worshipers pretend the mod being a follower of obama isnt a problem.

I wish I had the power to change who the mod will be. Its all ok right now because the person doing it is a follower of your messiah.

If I could change it and have someone who is in the pocket of the GOP. The crying from the obama worshipers would be heard around the world.

attacks people for not caring about this if it was Obama, then states she wants a moderator that would be on her side....lame

I want to know where you find the person on earth to do the debates that does not lean one way or the other. I cant wait to hear what questions you think where bias when its over.

Simple fact is basically all they do is ask the questions . normally of both people and its how they respond that wins, not what questions are asked.

Palin, explain in detail the Bail out plan, and tell me why we should or should not do it. Also in detail some of the tax cuts now being added to is , why do we need to add tax cuts here. is it not just republicans playing politics with a bill that could have such a great impact on our Economy?

I am sorry Gov palin that was dumb, why could you not give a yes or no responce like about the kittens?

Just say it, you know she will get wiped off the floor and your setting up the loss with excuses now already.

You may see it that way, because you can't see beyond your candidate. If you remember in the primaries, you'd recall Hillary crying foul because of the way she was given the questions. They would ask the questions first and then Obama would follow and he would almost repeat the same thing that Hillary had just responded and everyone would say; Obama was on top....:mad:
There's a big media conspiracy here and you know it....

attacks people for not caring about this if it was Obama, then states she wants a moderator that would be on her side....lame

I want to know where you find the person on earth to do the debates that does not lean one way or the other. I cant wait to hear what questions you think where bias when its over.

How many people do you know who are about to moderate a debate that could be pivotal to electing the president of the U.S and who's about to publish a book favoring one of the candidates.... That is bull ****!!!:mad:

At least you are not trying to claim that the media is unbaised. The moderator is practically campaigning for Obama, so that unbaised media claim is pretty laughable, as it always has been.

But as for Biden being asked if he likes kittens, yes actually that is exactly what I expect.

Maybe you were not paying attention in the last few elections, but Bush got reamed with attacking questions, while his opponet rarely did. One laughable example was Al Gore and Bush. Bush was asked questions about his qualifications to be President, and his failed business venture. Meanwhile Al Gore was litterally asked "Some people have questioned your qualifications. How does that make you feel?"

How does that make you feel? No questions about his ties to oil companies? No questions about his flunking out of school? No questions about his claims about no controlling legal authority? No questions about millions collected at a Budist temple fronting for the Chinese military.... nope none of that... instead it was "How does this make you feel?". That's about on par with "do you like kittens?"

So yes, Pocket, that is exactly the type of lame questions I expect Biden to get. It was the same in 2004, when this same lady laughed and joked with Kerry, but was litterally aggressive to Bush.

Not worried about it. I expect it. I hope she's even more slanted than before. Last time it energized the republican base to see how baised the media obviously is.

Well see that is the problem, everyone has some percieved political view, and the otherside is always going to complain about it. Fact of the matter is that this moderator was agreed on some time ago. Her lengthy time as the moderator on Washington week seemed good enough at the time. Washington Week is one of the shows I try to actually catch when it is on. I think the best roundtable out there many times.

There are plenty of moderators that would be much more acceptable. I heard no complaints about Jim Lehrer, although he is known to be on the Liberal side of center. This is comparable to Rush Limbaugh being the moderator. Only SHE is supposed to be a true JOURNALIST and maintain neutrality.

That simply is not going to happen. Between her self-professed agendas, her patently obvious devotion to Obama and her openly ridicule of Palin (and to some extent all Conservative/Republicans) there is absolutely no way that she should participate in this debate.

Washington Week is markedly slanted left. The problem I have with that is that it's supposed to be non-partisan, and a venue of objective journalism. As it parades as such, that is the image many people develop AS objective journalism, when it is neither. Her longevity is no stand-alone qualification.

She may have been acceptable at some point, though I consider it an over-generous, let's play nice stretch of credulity. With her performance after the Palin nomination and her unvarnished disdain for her, along with the news breaking about her pending book publication and release, the standards have burst at the seams.

After watching a clip of her commenting on Palin's speech, it is more than obvious she is completely bias. The disgusted look, the slanted remarks, the shaking of her head like she couldn't believe it. It will be interesting to see how one sided this debate will be.

After watching a clip of her commenting on Palin's speech, it is more than obvious she is completely bias. The disgusted look, the slanted remarks, the shaking of her head like she couldn't believe it. It will be interesting to see how one sided this debate will be.

I talked to a couple obama worshipers today; they felt it was a perfectly reasonable pick. They just couldn’t see what the fuss was about. I am officially disgusted with liberal obama worshipers who can not be honest about the most simple things like this.

The woman admits she never informed the committee that she has written this book on Obama and the book will be published on inauguration day when they were considering her for the mod pick. If it is Obama who is inaugurated, her book is worth a whole lot of $$$ If its McCain…… her book is not worth the price of toilet paper.

She has openly said cruel and rude things about Palin, McCain and Republicans in general.

I Listened to Sarah Palin talk today about tomorrow’s debate, she said she didn’t mind the mod, and things will be fine. McCain said about the same thing. I guess its nice that they are accepting of the joke of a pick, but I reserve the right to think it’s a joke.

Werbung:
The woman admits she never informed the committee that she has written this book on Obama and the book will be published on inauguration day when they were considering her for the mod pick. If it is Obama who is inaugurated, her book is worth a whole lot of $$$ If its McCain…… her book is not worth the price of toilet paper.

Hopefully the republicans are wise enough by now to realize, the media will never be on their side.

That said. This is an amazing point. The moderator has invested monetary interest in Obama winning.

So where are all you anti-capitalist, anti-money motive, liberals now? Where is all that evil corrupting power of cash talk now? Is the influence of greed only wrong if a republican does it? Why don't you apply it to your cheezy moderator girl?

Back