VP debate moderator Ifill releasing pro-Obama book

I forgot to add this for anyone who wants it

1-202-872-1020
this is the number for the committee that is in charge of setting up the debates. If you want to call and complain or if you’re an obama worshiper who wants to say good pick.

I think the woman not disclosing to the committee about her book and its release date is sufficient reason to disqualify her.

I have tried a few times to get through but am only getting a busy signal.

Werbung:
The woman admits she never informed the committee that she has written this book on Obama and the book will be published on inauguration day when they were considering her for the mod pick. If it is Obama who is inaugurated, her book is worth a whole lot of $$$ If its McCain…… her book is not worth the price of toilet paper.

She has openly said cruel and rude things about Palin, McCain and Republicans in general.

She's expected to make up to a million if Obama is elected president from the sale of her book.

Don't you think that she has lots of vested interest that Palin looks bad tomorrow?

attacks people for not caring about this if it was Obama, then states she wants a moderator that would be on her side....lame

I want to know where you find the person on earth to do the debates that does not lean one way or the other. I cant wait to hear what questions you think where bias when its over.

look outside the clouded box of Obama for a moment. I wish I could turn the tables TO SHOW OBAMA WORSHIPERS THAT THEY WOULD CRY AND GET THEIR PANTIES IN A BUNCH.

I would never want a mod bias TO the McCain Palin ticket. Id rather have one fair, if that is not possible one openly bias to Obama but not one who can make or break millions in book sales depending on who is elected.

I would like to turn the tables just to show Obama worshipers what hypocrates they are then get an unbias as possible mod.

You may see it that way, because you can't see beyond your candidate. If you remember in the primaries, you'd recall Hillary crying foul because of the way she was given the questions. They would ask the questions first and then Obama would follow and he would almost repeat the same thing that Hillary had just responded and everyone would say; Obama was on top....:mad:
There's a big media conspiracy here and you know it....

umm well they do have the same basic ideas...if you did not notice, most of the Dems did. And what makes you think going 2nd is best? obama got attacked ab it in the last debate for agreeing with McCain to often...becuse he responded 2nd to questions they both agreed on in some way...had he been first McCain could have been attacked for the same thing.

There are plenty of moderators that would be much more acceptable. I heard no complaints about Jim Lehrer, although he is known to be on the Liberal side of center. This is comparable to Rush Limbaugh being the moderator. Only SHE is supposed to be a true JOURNALIST and maintain neutrality.

That simply is not going to happen. Between her self-professed agendas, her patently obvious devotion to Obama and her openly ridicule of Palin (and to some extent all Conservative/Republicans) there is absolutely no way that she should participate in this debate.

Washington Week is markedly slanted left. The problem I have with that is that it's supposed to be non-partisan, and a venue of objective journalism. As it parades as such, that is the image many people develop AS objective journalism, when it is neither. Her longevity is no stand-alone qualification.

She may have been acceptable at some point, though I consider it an over-generous, let's play nice stretch of credulity. With her performance after the Palin nomination and her unvarnished disdain for her, along with the news breaking about her pending book publication and release, the standards have burst at the seams.

Jim L is great, but I think has health issues... and I belive I have seen her do many debates and never felt any where bias.

At least you are not trying to claim that the media is unbaised. The moderator is practically campaigning for Obama, so that unbaised media claim is pretty laughable, as it always has been.

But as for Biden being asked if he likes kittens, yes actually that is exactly what I expect.

Maybe you were not paying attention in the last few elections, but Bush got reamed with attacking questions, while his opponet rarely did. One laughable example was Al Gore and Bush. Bush was asked questions about his qualifications to be President, and his failed business venture. Meanwhile Al Gore was litterally asked "Some people have questioned your qualifications. How does that make you feel?"

How does that make you feel? No questions about his ties to oil companies? No questions about his flunking out of school? No questions about his claims about no controlling legal authority? No questions about millions collected at a Budist temple fronting for the Chinese military.... nope none of that... instead it was "How does this make you feel?". That's about on par with "do you like kittens?"

So yes, Pocket, that is exactly the type of lame questions I expect Biden to get. It was the same in 2004, when this same lady laughed and joked with Kerry, but was litterally aggressive to Bush.

Not worried about it. I expect it. I hope she's even more slanted than before. Last time it energized the republican base to see how baised the media obviously is.

The republican base will cry bias anytime they lose or dont do well, they always do, its a Joke realy.

look outside the clouded box of Obama for a moment. I wish I could turn the tables TO SHOW OBAMA WORSHIPERS THAT THEY WOULD CRY AND GET THEIR PANTIES IN A BUNCH.

I would never want a mod bias TO the McCain Palin ticket. Id rather have one fair, if that is not possible one openly bias to Obama but not one who can make or break millions in book sales depending on who is elected.

I would like to turn the tables just to show Obama worshipers what hypocrates they are then get an unbias as possible mod.

after the Debate I want to see what questions you think are so unfair. Lets see how big of a impact is , I bet none.

after the Debate I want to see what questions you think are so unfair. Lets see how big of a impact is , I bet none.

fair enough

She has gotten a huge backlash, she might try extra hard not to go over the top.

It is clear she doesnt like her, she had some pretty nasty things to say about her and republicans in general after the republican convention.

I hope one of the questions for her is what did she mean by she would be an advocate to those with special needs kids? and if Palin come back with $$ then ask where will it come from seeing there is no money in the budget.
that could slip her up in spending and find out if those were just words or has she really thought about it.

There are plenty of moderators that would be much more acceptable. I heard no complaints about Jim Lehrer, although he is known to be on the Liberal side of center. This is comparable to Rush Limbaugh being the moderator. Only SHE is supposed to be a true JOURNALIST and maintain neutrality.

I thought that Jim did a great job. I would had enjoyed the format much more if both candidates would had engaged each other the way Jim kept asking them to do...

They should bring him back....

Jim L is great, but I think has health issues... and I belive I have seen her do many debates and never felt any where bias.

She never published a book during the presidential elections in which she's spreading propaganda on behalf of one of the presidential candidates...

She was not up front with the debate committee. She should had disclosed this little issue in which she may end up making a lot of money if Obama gets elected....:mad:

so I just read more, the book is not even about Obama...its about race in Politics, and has a section on Powell as well, and she has not even written the obama part yet...So she cant right a book on race and politics now? Or she can she just needs to ignore Obama in it? Or maybe she is Bias to the Republican since she wrote about Powell?

"said Obama's story, which she has yet to write, is only a small part of the book, which discusses how politics in the black community have changed since the civil rights era. Among those subjects is Colin Powell, secretary of state in the Bush administration. "

""Do you think they made the same assumptions about Lou Cannon (who is white) when he wrote his book about Reagan?" said Ifill, who is black. Asked if there were racial motives at play, she said, "I don't know what it is. I find it curious."

http:
//www.twincities.com/politics/ci_10617882

I do agree she should have told the Debate board about it though.

so I just read more, the book is not even about Obama...its about race in Politics, and has a section on Powell as well, and she has not even written the obama part yet...So she cant right a book on race and politics now? Or she can she just needs to ignore Obama in it? Or maybe she is Bias to the Republican since she wrote about Powell?

"said Obama's story, which she has yet to write, is only a small part of the book, which discusses how politics in the black community have changed since the civil rights era. Among those subjects is Colin Powell, secretary of state in the Bush administration. "

""Do you think they made the same assumptions about Lou Cannon (who is white) when he wrote his book about Reagan?" said Ifill, who is black. Asked if there were racial motives at play, she said, "I don't know what it is. I find it curious."

http:
//www.twincities.com/politics/ci_10617882

I do agree she should have told the Debate board about it though.

OK, the title of the book is: "Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama

It's supposed to be realeased on innaguration day.... C'mon! :mad:

I'm partial to the saddle back forum style... where both got the exact same questions. I think that helps to keep it about the issues and policy rather than childish sniping at the competition.

I have a prediction:

No matter what happens.... Popeye, Top Gun, and the rest of the Obamaphiles, will claim a Biden victory and nit-pick at Palin's answers.

Werbung:
OK, the title of the book is: "Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama

It's supposed to be realeased on innaguration day.... C'mon! :mad:

Al Frankin wrote, Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot...it has his name in it, so is he Pro Rush now?

Fact is simple, Politics and race have been never been a bigger issue in regards to non whites getting power, and to just ignore Obama would be retarded. Also you do know that the Author is not always the one who makes the title right? If she had written about Politics and race and not talked about Obama that would be kinda sad, and the fact that Obama is on the title, does not make the book about him.

Back