Wages rise on California farms. Americans still don’t want the job

Werbung:
No, but it was due to expire. Moreover, a large part of the stimulus was in the form of tax cuts.
No, other than filling some potholes it mainly went to retaining unionized govt workers such as teachers who would otherwise have been laid off for a couple years when they were then laid off. Typical of Keyesian tactics it did nothing to help and then caused a hurt because BO was busy adding record amounts of regulation to inhibit or outright kill industry (call you say bye bye coal ?).

No, other than filling some potholes it mainly went to retaining unionized govt workers such as teachers who would otherwise have been laid off for a couple years when they were then laid off. Typical of Keyesian tactics it did nothing to help and then caused a hurt because BO was busy adding record amounts of regulation to inhibit or outright kill industry (call you say bye bye coal ?).

Politifact says

The stimulus bill, formally known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, is meant to create jobs and boost the economy. It cost $787 billion, including $499 billion to fund new roads, hire teachers and generally keep people employed, and about $288 billion in tax breaks to individuals and businesses. Among other things, the mix of tax cuts includes a refundable credit of up to $400 per individual and $800 for married couples; a temporary increase of the earned income tax credit for disadvantaged families; and an extension of a program that allows businesses to recover the costs of capital expenditures faster than usual.

Coal is yesterday's energy. It was already on its way out in '08, and is still on its way out today. Natural gas is cleaner and cheaper. Solar is tomorrow's energy. Remember when Trump said he'd revive the coal industry? Didn't happen. He may as well have tried to revive the buggy whip industry.

Politifact says

Coal is yesterday's energy. It was already on its way out in '08, and is still on its way out today. Natural gas is cleaner and cheaper. Solar is tomorrow's energy. Remember when Trump said he'd revive the coal industry? Didn't happen. He may as well have tried to revive the buggy whip industry.
Coal did rebound.

Politifact says

Among other things, the mix of tax cuts includes a refundable credit of up to $400 per individual and $800 for married couples; a temporary increase of the earned income tax credit for disadvantaged families; and an extension of a program that allows businesses to recover the costs of capital expenditures faster than usual.
Not a tax cut in that.

Among other things, the mix of tax cuts includes a refundable credit of up to $400 per individual and $800 for married couples; a temporary increase of the earned income tax credit for disadvantaged families; and an extension of a program that allows businesses to recover the costs of capital expenditures faster than usual.
Not a tax cut in that.
Not sure what that has to do with coal, but I did post figures showing that tax cuts were about 1/3 of the stimulus package. I think it must have been on the other thread.

Not sure what that has to do with coal, but I did post figures showing that tax cuts were about 1/3 of the stimulus package. I think it must have been on the other thread.
Your tax cuts were not tax cuts.
Coal jobs have come back. All of them ? No. But Tesla is dead and solar is owned by china.

Your tax cuts were not tax cuts.
Coal jobs have come back. All of them ? No. But Tesla is dead and solar is owned by china.

They aren't my tax cuts. They're Obama's tax cuts, somewhere over 200 billion. Didn't you see my link?
Coal is on the way out. Natural gas is cheaper. Didn't you check my link?
Tesla is not dead. I see them on the road all the time, even if I can't afford one myself.
Solar may be "owned by China." If it is, we need to get it back. It is the energy of the future.

They aren't my tax cuts. They're Obama's tax cuts, somewhere over 200 billion. Didn't you see my link?
Coal is on the way out. Natural gas is cheaper. Didn't you check my link?
Tesla is not dead. I see them on the road all the time, even if I can't afford one myself.
Solar may be "owned by China." If it is, we need to get it back. It is the energy of the future.
I read your link and saw that there were no tax cuts. Did you ? I quoted you back the so called cuts. A rebate, no cut to the tax. Increased earned income tax credit which is tax dollars someone paid and are given to people who paid no tax. Closer to a tax increase. Extending an existing depreciation. No tax cut among them.
Obama stated his intention to kill coal as an industry. What kind of leader does that ?

I read your link and saw that there were no tax cuts. Did you ? I quoted you back the so called cuts. A rebate, no cut to the tax. Increased earned income tax credit which is tax dollars someone paid and are given to people who paid no tax. Closer to a tax increase. Extending an existing depreciation. No tax cut among them.
Obama stated his intention to kill coal as an industry. What kind of leader does that ?
288 billion in lower taxes aren't tax cuts?
Maybe tax cuts only count when a Republican makes them.

I don't recall Obama having an intention to kill the coal industry. Maybe I missed it. No matter anyway, coal is on its way out because natural gas is cheaper, plain and simple. It's called capitalism. Trump needs to learn to apply that system instead of raising taxes via tariffs and vowing to revive unprofitable industries.

288 billion in lower taxes aren't tax cuts?
Maybe tax cuts only count when a Republican makes them.

I don't recall Obama having an intention to kill the coal industry. Maybe I missed it. No matter anyway, coal is on its way out because natural gas is cheaper, plain and simple. It's called capitalism. Trump needs to learn to apply that system instead of raising taxes via tariffs and vowing to revive unprofitable industries.
The taxes were not lowered, the taxes were not cut. JFK knew this why dont you ?

Werbung:
Back